Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Halifax away 14:36 - Dec 4 with 19573 viewsEllDale

All pay on the day apparently with no advance ticket sales.
And no indication yet as to where Dale fans will be housed in the ground.
Sounds like a recipe for chaos to me if 800 all turn up at 2.30pm wanting change!
Halifax away on 20:52 - Dec 23 with 3868 viewsmikehunt

What happened right at the death when the ball seemed to squirm over the line for them but goal was ruled out. My heart sank at that point.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Halifax away on 22:44 - Dec 23 with 3457 viewsnordenblue

Halifax away on 20:52 - Dec 23 by mikehunt

What happened right at the death when the ball seemed to squirm over the line for them but goal was ruled out. My heart sank at that point.

It did look at the time that it may have gone over the line, not seen it back though
Halifax away on 06:09 - Dec 24 with 3191 viewsTalkingSutty

Halifax away on 22:44 - Dec 23 by nordenblue

It did look at the time that it may have gone over the line, not seen it back though

According to a few of their fans behind the goal who have posted on social media,the ball was nowhere near crossing the line. They seem to think they had a nailed on penalty denied them though near the end of the game. Probably evens things up because I thought both their goals were offside from my vantage point. Yesterday was a classic away game and felt like a local derby, much more enjoyable than going to Boundary Park. There is finally a proper connection again between the fans and the players and the manager has to take full credit for that. We aren't world beaters but we have a team full of honest players who try to play football the right way. Hopefully the off field problems can soon be rectified and 2024 can be a year to remember for the right reasons. Up the Dale and Merry Xmas to everybody.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 6:22]
Halifax away on 08:07 - Dec 24 with 3049 viewsJumeirahDale

Town fans said the ball was nowhere near the line, celebrating to see if the linesman might be fooled somehow (given the lad on the other line I don't really blame them). Very complimentary our our following and the noise coming from the Skircoat.

Special mention to the tinpot Taylor Swift concert light show right when Jimmy scored. Priceless.
Halifax away on 11:46 - Dec 24 with 2692 viewsEllDale

Classic away day wasn’t it? Best one since York in August to my mind and it surpassed that game for atmosphere.
Reminiscent of some of the trips to Gigg Lane a few years ago.
Great atmosphere and both teams went at it hammer and tongs until the final whistle.
Perhaps some of the younger fans who hadn’t been to the Shay before now understand how us older folk always used to regard Halifax as a traditional derby visit even though 20 miles separate the two towns.
And, for round figures sake, if 1400 fans represents perhaps 66% of core home support can any other team in the country boast such a statistic?
Halifax away on 12:14 - Dec 24 with 2637 viewsjonahwhereru

I’m disappointed. After the Sutton game I was sat in the Comrades Club and said next season is a new venture and said I was a deffo for Halifax away. Unfortunately I have not been so good and couldn’t journey up. Sounds like i missed a typical derby game and opportunity for some pre Christmas cheer.
Not many fullback’s at this level could finish the way SAJ did. He is one of our players that could still ply his trade in the EFL.
My compliments of the season to the management and players. Thus far they have exceeded my expectations and I have started to enjoy rather than endure being a Dale fan. I can take a bit of slow play, a bit of route one and a bit of high tempo. Could we break into the play off argument, yes I think so. My hope for the new year is that a healthy Devante Rodney can make the contribution he would have hoped for at the start of the season.
Halifax away on 16:00 - Dec 24 with 2297 viewsRAFCBLUE

Halifax away on 11:46 - Dec 24 by EllDale

Classic away day wasn’t it? Best one since York in August to my mind and it surpassed that game for atmosphere.
Reminiscent of some of the trips to Gigg Lane a few years ago.
Great atmosphere and both teams went at it hammer and tongs until the final whistle.
Perhaps some of the younger fans who hadn’t been to the Shay before now understand how us older folk always used to regard Halifax as a traditional derby visit even though 20 miles separate the two towns.
And, for round figures sake, if 1400 fans represents perhaps 66% of core home support can any other team in the country boast such a statistic?

It's seems to be a theme of the National League that they try to take into account travel distances for supporters at Christmas.

Credit to Halifax too - 4 points off us this season and I think they will be there or there abouts around the playoffs.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Halifax away on 22:06 - Dec 24 with 1904 viewsTVOS1907

Halifax away on 16:00 - Dec 24 by RAFCBLUE

It's seems to be a theme of the National League that they try to take into account travel distances for supporters at Christmas.

Credit to Halifax too - 4 points off us this season and I think they will be there or there abouts around the playoffs.

Yesterday wasn’t classed as a ‘Christmas’ date, per se, as borne out by half of the fixtures.

AFC Fylde v Dagenham
Chesterfield v Aldershot
Kidderminster v Southend
Wealdstone v Hartlepool
Woking v Altrincham
York v Ebbsfleet

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Halifax away on 10:02 - Dec 25 with 1544 viewsShun

Halifax away on 16:11 - Dec 23 by howy10

I left the ground at half time. Not because of the team, but I couldn't take any more of watching the most inept linesman that I have ever seen in watching the Dale in over 50 years.
He needs to be struck off. Absolutely shocking non decision making.
We are talking not inches offside, but yards. Never seen anything like it.

Halifax away on 12:01 - Dec 25 with 1368 viewsD_Alien

Halifax away on 10:02 - Dec 25 by Shun

That's the move leading to the penalty for their second goal, with the scoreline showing 1-1

The first goal was timed at 31 minutes

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Halifax away on 12:10 - Dec 25 with 1343 views49thseason

Halifax away on 10:02 - Dec 25 by Shun

Hmmm..check the time and score at the top of the screen... or are we talking about the penalty?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024