Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust statement 08:36 - Dec 5 with 3577 viewsjudd

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/12/dale-trust-statement-withdrawal-of-investors

Poll: What is it to be then?

Trust statement on 08:57 - Dec 5 with 3469 viewsD_Alien

As alluded to in posting, if i was doing the Trust a disservice this statement is welcome and timely and further demonstrates the nefarious way in which JNG conducted negotiations

The Trust's own due diligence being carried out puts the statement by the BoD in a slightly awkward light, since presumably the Trust would've alerted the club to the same issues brought up elsewhere, therefore "online speculation" shouldn't be cited against fans

[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 9:41]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust statement on 09:50 - Dec 5 with 3268 viewsHopwoodblue

Trust statement on 08:57 - Dec 5 by D_Alien

As alluded to in posting, if i was doing the Trust a disservice this statement is welcome and timely and further demonstrates the nefarious way in which JNG conducted negotiations

The Trust's own due diligence being carried out puts the statement by the BoD in a slightly awkward light, since presumably the Trust would've alerted the club to the same issues brought up elsewhere, therefore "online speculation" shouldn't be cited against fans

[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 9:41]

It would appear the BOD are as naive at looking at potential investors as they are at running the football club its self.
Can they actually be trusted to bring the right kind of people into the club ?
I’m not that sure anymore.
I think recouping their money has become more important than the survival of RAFC
We find ourselves in a very dangerous predicament regarding the future of our football club.
Can we afford to sit back and hope for the best ? Or is their anything we can actually do the prevent
people like JNG from entering the club ? Not all people may be put off by people doing a bit of digging.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Trust statement on 10:00 - Dec 5 with 3225 viewsKnavesmireBob

Great to read, and really excited by what could come out of Thursday's Trust meeting.

Personally I think the time has come to bring everything to a head and lance the boil once and for all.

All we're doing at present it swinging exhaustively from crisis to crisis putting sticking plasters over the symptoms rather than addressing the bigger picture. Simon and other board members continuing to bail us out simply perpetuates that, as laudable as the acts always are in themselves.

We're a club and a fanbase whose sympathetic nervous system has completely taken over and we're stuck in a permanent state of fight or flight. Look yourselves in the mirror and ask yourself honestly how your anxiety levels have been the last few years. Then imagine what that must be like for those in the boardroom or at the head of the Trust.

For me, we can only truly set ourselves free if we're prepared to consider real change, and accept that might mean things getting worse before they get better. There's models out there for us - Exeter has been mentioned again the last couple of days and I can't think of a better example that plays to all our strengths as a town and club built on values of cooperation and association. We might have to cut our cloth accordingly for a while whilst we evolve into a new structure, but unity and passion can overcome many things.

Jim, his support team and the players are doing a fine job in changing the culture on the pitch. To complement that, what we need now is new leadership to emerge off it. Leadership that thinks and ideally speaks in a Rochdale accent. Adversity reveals genius and I genuinely believe there's the opportunity for a new generation of Overcoat Men and Women to take this situation by the scruff of the neck and set in motion a beautiful new chapter for the club. I'd love to hope these are the sorts of radical conversations being considered this Thursday night. If they are I for one will be with you all the way.
Trust statement on 17:59 - Dec 5 with 2669 viewsDalenet

Trust statement on 09:50 - Dec 5 by Hopwoodblue

It would appear the BOD are as naive at looking at potential investors as they are at running the football club its self.
Can they actually be trusted to bring the right kind of people into the club ?
I’m not that sure anymore.
I think recouping their money has become more important than the survival of RAFC
We find ourselves in a very dangerous predicament regarding the future of our football club.
Can we afford to sit back and hope for the best ? Or is their anything we can actually do the prevent
people like JNG from entering the club ? Not all people may be put off by people doing a bit of digging.

Not sure I agree with you here - they are still throwing nmoney in to keep us going - so not that blind to only be looking to get their cash back.

But we are a bit like an old car that keeps breaking down but that you love - at what point do you stop throwing money at it. They will run out of cash soon I am sure
Trust statement on 18:08 - Dec 5 with 2628 views442Dale

A good statement from the Trust.

Looking forward to further details and, crucially, what can be done going forward. It’s obvious action is now needed.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trust statement on 18:09 - Dec 5 with 2627 viewsDale_4_Life

Posted on wrong thread..

Dale are in a spot of bother and it looks like a tailspin. All the signals are that this is very very serious indeed. IMHO to survive the first task is the board sits with the trust immediately and highlights all the common ground with open and honest discussion.

If it gets us through 3 months i would be happy to pay again for my season card full price. I think there would be a fair take up from other season card holders prepared to do something similar.

The stark reality is we need to have a budget that is less than what is taken as revenue. this could end up with Dale having part time players in tier 7 or 8. If that was at Spotland and it allowed the club to re-structure and stabilize it might be what we all need to prepare for and decide do we carry on or not.
Trust statement on 18:17 - Dec 5 with 2596 viewsDale_4_Life

Trust statement on 10:00 - Dec 5 by KnavesmireBob

Great to read, and really excited by what could come out of Thursday's Trust meeting.

Personally I think the time has come to bring everything to a head and lance the boil once and for all.

All we're doing at present it swinging exhaustively from crisis to crisis putting sticking plasters over the symptoms rather than addressing the bigger picture. Simon and other board members continuing to bail us out simply perpetuates that, as laudable as the acts always are in themselves.

We're a club and a fanbase whose sympathetic nervous system has completely taken over and we're stuck in a permanent state of fight or flight. Look yourselves in the mirror and ask yourself honestly how your anxiety levels have been the last few years. Then imagine what that must be like for those in the boardroom or at the head of the Trust.

For me, we can only truly set ourselves free if we're prepared to consider real change, and accept that might mean things getting worse before they get better. There's models out there for us - Exeter has been mentioned again the last couple of days and I can't think of a better example that plays to all our strengths as a town and club built on values of cooperation and association. We might have to cut our cloth accordingly for a while whilst we evolve into a new structure, but unity and passion can overcome many things.

Jim, his support team and the players are doing a fine job in changing the culture on the pitch. To complement that, what we need now is new leadership to emerge off it. Leadership that thinks and ideally speaks in a Rochdale accent. Adversity reveals genius and I genuinely believe there's the opportunity for a new generation of Overcoat Men and Women to take this situation by the scruff of the neck and set in motion a beautiful new chapter for the club. I'd love to hope these are the sorts of radical conversations being considered this Thursday night. If they are I for one will be with you all the way.

Brilliant post..

100% with this thought process.
Trust statement on 18:25 - Dec 5 with 2557 viewsdale1968

Trust statement on 18:17 - Dec 5 by Dale_4_Life

Brilliant post..

100% with this thought process.

Totally agree with all that..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Login to get fewer ads

Trust statement on 19:48 - Dec 5 with 2281 viewsEdindale

Also in agreement but the time for the talking to stop and action to start on a realistic and viable model for the future is fast approaching. Take stock and build on the positives that we possess even if recovery takes a few seasons.

The current BoD has probably done as much as it can under the circumstances, although communication could have been better,

Glass half full and not everything is broken. Well done to the Trust in advance of Thursday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024