Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next 4 games 13:50 - Dec 25 with 7940 viewsNigeriamark

Home and away against Fylde who are second bottom, then Home against Kiddie who are bottom and home again against mid table Wealdstone after a 2 week rest

Not much danger of us finishing in the bottom 4 so this is a golden opportunity to build some momentum for a run at the play - offs. I know there are no guaranteed wins, but you can’t ask for a better run of fixtures. Should be targeting 8-10 points from those games.
Next 4 games on 18:45 - Dec 26 with 2013 viewsleedsdale

Next 4 games on 18:27 - Dec 26 by springfieldparka

Couldn't agree more . It seems definition of bravery being suggested here here is tweaking some in game movements rather than any radical overhaul . It feels like some are determined to wallow in negativity rather than celebrate hard won success by a team of players giving their all for the club . I just hope management and staff pay no heed to such over the top criticism .

Just to put things in perspective :-

* we currently have a squad of just 18/19 professionals

* of that squad we have 4 long term injuries ruled out

* in turn that means we are almost compelled to to turn out the same team
each game without respite

* given that workload its hardly surprising some technical errors creep in to the
game

Given these points I personally make allowances for some inconsistency in performance game to game , and am proud , after previous years experience , to see quite a young team commit with such pride and determination to grind out results such as today's win .

Fully agree. In terms of the injuries and squad size it was unfortunate that the promotion came today, but the effort and work rate cannot be faulted.
Next 4 games on 18:52 - Dec 26 with 1945 viewsnordenblue

Next 4 games on 18:45 - Dec 26 by leedsdale

Fully agree. In terms of the injuries and squad size it was unfortunate that the promotion came today, but the effort and work rate cannot be faulted.

I thought Gilmour was absolutely terrific, to be fair most times I see him he stands out a mile for me, his work rate alone is something everyone should look to achieve.

Thought the game was pretty flat too, but with the cards he can play with I'm not sure what else Jim can do, especially first half when they seemed to put 11 behind the ball whenever we had possession
Next 4 games on 19:04 - Dec 26 with 1866 viewsfrequency

Next 4 games on 18:17 - Dec 26 by meeee

Could it have been something to do with the fact that Uchegbulam had his tracksuit on whereas Sinclair still had his kit on? I think subs are required to put a bib on or wear a tracksuit over the kit, I don't know if that's a rule the refs can enforce, I'm just speculating

Yes it was because he had no bib on

Hate city

Next 4 games on 19:09 - Dec 26 with 1839 viewsdingdangblue

Next 4 games on 18:21 - Dec 26 by Dickydaler

Avoidable as you say, but it does annoy me when players get booked for celebrating a goal. As someone said near me, possibly because he wasn't wearing a bib or jacket?

I know - imagine celebrating a 95th minute winner with your teammates - shocking behaviour.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Next 4 games on 20:59 - Dec 26 with 1545 viewsEllDale

It was a stupid red card none the less.
Most other clubs give a substituted player a coat or a bib as soon as they come off; I can understand Sinclair refusing a coat as we were already in stoppage time when he was replaced but he should have been given a bib by someone.
He put the ref in an impossible position though. If an assessor sitting in the stand had spotted it he would have been marked down.
In my opinion celebrations are getting ridiculously complicated and too prolonged though.
In general though this afternoon we saw a team running on empty. Overrun in midfield by one of the worst teams in the division. Sheer spirit and endeavour got them through.
Next 4 games on 22:41 - Dec 26 with 1307 viewsEllDale

Some more random musings….
I thought Conway was excellent for Fylde. Perhaps the circumstances were wrong when he was on loan at Dale earlier in the season. Sam Graham was just as I remembered him, big, solid defender but a loose cannon in possession.
I thought BJ played his subs exactly right given the threadbare state of the squad. And credit to SAJ, Afuye and Hendo for their game management in the bottom corner in the closing stages.
Unless Clayton is fit to play again on Monday BJ is going to have to try and pull another rabbit from the hat in the absence of Sinclair. East was quiet today but is probably as knackered as everyone else.
There could be an even bigger manpower crisis if Nevett goes sooner rather than later in the transfer window. Our whole structure with the ball is so dependent on him and EEL.
Super Louie Moulden was absolutely awesome today but a big mention must go to Gilmour. Totally indefatigable.
Next 4 games on 22:45 - Dec 26 with 1286 viewsD_Alien

Next 4 games on 22:41 - Dec 26 by EllDale

Some more random musings….
I thought Conway was excellent for Fylde. Perhaps the circumstances were wrong when he was on loan at Dale earlier in the season. Sam Graham was just as I remembered him, big, solid defender but a loose cannon in possession.
I thought BJ played his subs exactly right given the threadbare state of the squad. And credit to SAJ, Afuye and Hendo for their game management in the bottom corner in the closing stages.
Unless Clayton is fit to play again on Monday BJ is going to have to try and pull another rabbit from the hat in the absence of Sinclair. East was quiet today but is probably as knackered as everyone else.
There could be an even bigger manpower crisis if Nevett goes sooner rather than later in the transfer window. Our whole structure with the ball is so dependent on him and EEL.
Super Louie Moulden was absolutely awesome today but a big mention must go to Gilmour. Totally indefatigable.

Further to that...

Clayton is out for ten weeks according to the OS

I thought Adshead was pretty anonymous and his physique doesn't appear to have developed as might have been hoped since he was with us. Perhaps that's why he hasn't progressed

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Next 4 games on 08:13 - Dec 27 with 1000 viewsNorthernDale

I thought yesterday game was a typical McNulty possession style of game and was boring to watch, to say the least, however a win is a win. I agree with other posters, Conway had a good game for them (I don't we used him enough) and in truth, if they had a decent striker, may have got something from the game. I am not a fan of Afuye, but he did okay when he came on, still lightweight, but as I have said, he did okay. If Nevett is to leave in January, hopefully McNulty as somebody lined up to replace him. Also have we any update on Mitchell, Rodney and Ferguson, we certainly need Mitchell back asap.

I can understand McNulty being frustrated with the referee giving Sinclair a red and should applied a bit of common sense, but the referee applied the rule and so he misses Flyde away. I would start Oduroh on New Years Day, but either on the wing or wing back role.
Login to get fewer ads

Next 4 games on 08:25 - Dec 27 with 979 viewsJames1980

Next 4 games on 22:45 - Dec 26 by D_Alien

Further to that...

Clayton is out for ten weeks according to the OS

I thought Adshead was pretty anonymous and his physique doesn't appear to have developed as might have been hoped since he was with us. Perhaps that's why he hasn't progressed

What about Charman how did he play?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Next 4 games on 08:29 - Dec 27 with 958 viewsChaffRAFC

Next 4 games on 08:25 - Dec 27 by James1980

What about Charman how did he play?

I thought Charman was absolutely awful.

Sam Graham did ok until his embarrassing attempt at his header which let Hendo in for the first goal.

Dan Adshead did quite well I thought, could do with a player like him while Clayton is sidelined.

Max Conway I thought was their best player by a distance and had Uchegbulam in his pocket all afternoon.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Next 4 games on 08:50 - Dec 27 with 898 viewsJames1980

Next 4 games on 08:29 - Dec 27 by ChaffRAFC

I thought Charman was absolutely awful.

Sam Graham did ok until his embarrassing attempt at his header which let Hendo in for the first goal.

Dan Adshead did quite well I thought, could do with a player like him while Clayton is sidelined.

Max Conway I thought was their best player by a distance and had Uchegbulam in his pocket all afternoon.

Would have thought LC would have played like he had a point to prove. Shame we didn't sign Dan I'm guessing it was down to finances mainly and he knows Beech.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024