Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL play offs 21:15 - Dec 31 with 2731 viewspioneer

So the Bills have negotiated that tough run in perfectly to set up the Divisional shoot-out next week【 with the Fins.

Should be a belter...though Dolphins have been far from their best. I think the commentary on today's game at Baltimore said they only have one win against an above 500 team.

Bills struggled to see off the Patsys today but I expect both teams will be ready come next weeks game.

Any predictions DL?

[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 21:17]
NFL play offs on 15:04 - Jan 3 with 2485 viewsDaleiLama

To give some context to our season Pioneer, we have lost to Buffalo, Philly, and Balt on the road, KC in Germany and the outlier - Titans at home. That last one was the costliest to date, as we'd be home and hosed for the #2 seed without it.

The very tired narrative attached to the Fins is that of having only beaten bad teams, with Dallas being the obvious outlier in this instance.

I am looking forward to the rematch - how can you not look forward to big games which will be a measuring stick of where we are at?

This isn't a case of "getting the excuses in first" - more a statement of fact.

I doubt you'll find another team who has lost 3/5 of their starting OL (some games 4/5 of starting OL) and 2/4 of their starting LB (now 3/4 of starting LB). Not to mention skill players and secondary injuries. Without Raheem Mostert and Jaylen Waddle vs. Baltimore (2,213 total yards from scrimmage) we were compromised offensively. Now Chubb has gone down so we are without our 2 best DE/OLBs to pressure the QB and we are also now going to be without X(avien Howard) our 2nd best CB. Holland (best S and captain of secondary) came back for the Baltimore game and as the score suggests, we were all over the place. Whilst we obviously have a lot more bodies than Dale on the roster, there is a somewhat analogous feeling of a MASH unit to both teams. And before you or anyone else says anything, I know all teams have a ton of injuries heading into the play-offs. But if most of your best players are injured, the threat you present is a lot less potent.

Under Fangio, our D has played great except on the national stage, where we too often lay eggs. I wouldn't be at all surprised with a repeat of that having been nominated for SNF this week. Without X, many have called for Ramsey to shadow Diggs the whole game, but it's not Fangio's style. We may die on that hill?

We still have weapons - Tua (thumb injury accounting for a fall off in accuracy) and Hill (high ankle sprain) with Achane back (but still recovering from injury and not looking at his best. On D - AVG is playing well after being moved to end and Ogbah has a big opportunity to shine, but he hasn't played much because his rushing style, albeit effective, is a one-dimensional bull rush so his edge setting leaves a lot to be desired. Against Allen? Gulp.

If we play up to how we can play, it should be close. If we crumple, as I've spent most of 39 years witnessing, it could get ugly. Bills are favoured by 3, which means 6 on a neutral site (subtracting HFA) and 9 at Orchard Park. Based on recent form, that feels about right. Just hoping and praying we rip the form book up.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFL play offs on 04:24 - Jan 8 with 2343 viewspioneer

No gloating from me DL. Dolphins were the best team for 50 minutes.

Supposed to be colder in KC than in Buffalo next week. Good luck.

Now back to bed
NFL play offs on 17:09 - Jan 8 with 2201 viewsDaleiLama

NFL play offs on 04:24 - Jan 8 by pioneer

No gloating from me DL. Dolphins were the best team for 50 minutes.

Supposed to be colder in KC than in Buffalo next week. Good luck.

Now back to bed

Think that's quite charitable Pioneer - I thought it was more "a game of two halves" but hinged (and flipped) around the punt return in Q3.

In truth, we lost our chance at the #2 seed when we capitulated vs the Titans earlier this season. Last night's result didn't surprise me. As you well know, some teams match up better against opponents than others. We don't match up well vs the Bills as recent results testify. I'm also unconvinced that our roster, as it's been constructed, has the right mix and balance needed to go deep in the play-offs or that Tua is anything more than a good in-season QB who will get you to the play-offs but never really challenge good teams to go deep into the post-season. We are too easily knocked off our gameplan and don't find a way back.

Last night we had bad Allen in the first half, and but for an amazing play by Baker, would have gone in level at the half. Then good Allen showed up and we failed to score.

We probably match up better vs KC, but against Mahomes, the frigid temperatures and the 12th man at Arrowhead, I can see nothing but one and done again. If it pans out like that, the Ravens Bills match up could be a good one. I'll be a reluctant Bill that night - detest the Ravens! Good luck, but I think bad Allen get's you killed again at some point.

NFL play offs on 20:54 - Jan 21 with 1851 viewspioneer

In the absence of footy this weekend just as well we have the NFL playoffs and super sunday in the rust belt.

Lions two games away from playing football in February for the first time in their history while Bills and KC face off for what seems like the umpteenth time.

Another sleepless night for me.
NFL play offs on 22:36 - Jan 21 with 1794 viewsDaleiLama

NFL play offs on 20:54 - Jan 21 by pioneer

In the absence of footy this weekend just as well we have the NFL playoffs and super sunday in the rust belt.

Lions two games away from playing football in February for the first time in their history while Bills and KC face off for what seems like the umpteenth time.

Another sleepless night for me.

Very impressed with Jordan Love and Packers last night first half, but they suffered from what looked like a bad spot and missed FG which reversed momentum. Not surprisingly, #1 seeds won both games.

This Lions game is a good one and I'm aboard the Dan Campbell train until it stops in the play-offs. Bills have got loads of late games this season, not to mention snow.

Here's how they beat the cold .......

Tough one to call in your game. Suspect HFA will decide it but wouldn't be surprised if KC prevails either. Would be surprised if SB is not Ravens v 9ers though. And I dislike them both.

NFL play offs on 02:42 - Jan 22 with 1724 viewspioneer

Almost 34 years to the day……wide right.

The famine continues
NFL play offs on 10:21 - Jan 22 with 1641 viewsDaleiLama

NFL play offs on 02:42 - Jan 22 by pioneer

The famine continues

Tough pill to swallow that one. Only watched the highlights with brekker this morning though.

The call for the touchback looked to be correct to extend you another lifeline after that insane punt fake (even against 10 men), but ........... another wide right?

Almost perfect gameplan - try to keep the ball away from Mahomes and prevent Allen turning it over. But somehow, a Fluffalo can't change its spots? If it's any consolation, the Fins now have the record for the longest span in the NFL since a play off win.

#GoLions

NFL play offs on 14:39 - Jan 23 with 1475 viewswatford_dale

NFL play offs on 02:42 - Jan 22 by pioneer

The famine continues

One of the major reasons for the loss was lack of a deep threat from Bills wide receivers, Diggs does not cut it anymore, his stats:

This year
Chiefs this year he had 3/8 for 21 yds and 2 drops. His lack of deep ball threat meant that the Chiefs did not have to double team him and were more able to stop the run and they just had to cover Snead.

Last year
Elimination loss to Cincy he recorded 4 catches for 35 yds

Year prior
Divisional round loss to Chiefs he had 3 catches for 7 yds

Bills will have to figure out how to get Allen more help next season and maybe trade away Diggs, which will be a monster of a job with his 4 years at $22m still to come his way.
Login to get fewer ads

NFL play offs on 19:46 - Jan 23 with 1403 viewsisitme

I got round to watching the Chiefs versus Bills game last night. I thought Allen played well, but it comes down to fine margins, although the Hardman fumble made the game closer that it could have been.

The Bills have under invested at the WR position and Diggs' contract is starting to look not great value for money as his influence tails off. Knox and Kincaid are two steady tight ends and Cook looks promising. One of the problems with being a consistent play off team is that they do not pick early enough to get one of the elite WRs who usually go early in the draft. By picks in the late 20s and through the second round the WRs who are available are a bit more hit and miss. For every Metcalfe their is a Harry. For the Chief Rice looks a better pick in the second round than Hardman was. Shakir is a good third option, but with Allen on a big contract it is difficult to go out and sign someone such as Higgins.

Milano has been a massive miss for the Bills. He is an excellent, alround line backer who can cover. The Chiefs pick on Klein all game.
NFL play offs on 18:29 - Jan 24 with 1274 viewsNigeriamark

NFL play offs on 22:36 - Jan 21 by DaleiLama

Very impressed with Jordan Love and Packers last night first half, but they suffered from what looked like a bad spot and missed FG which reversed momentum. Not surprisingly, #1 seeds won both games.

This Lions game is a good one and I'm aboard the Dan Campbell train until it stops in the play-offs. Bills have got loads of late games this season, not to mention snow.

Here's how they beat the cold .......

Tough one to call in your game. Suspect HFA will decide it but wouldn't be surprised if KC prevails either. Would be surprised if SB is not Ravens v 9ers though. And I dislike them both.

It does look odds on the Ravens v 49’s. However the Mahommes/ Kelce partnership woke up against the Bills and would probably need to do the same against the Ravens for it to be close. The KC defence has shown it can deliver too.

If there is a shock I think it could be the 49’s having an off day especially is Debo is injured. Purdy has been very solid but can have the odd bad day. The lions defence against the pass needs to step up. I think Detroit could do it with the offence they have. However I would still put my money on a Ravens/49’s SB
NFL play offs on 06:45 - Jan 26 with 1128 viewsJumeirahDale

NFL play offs on 19:46 - Jan 23 by isitme

I got round to watching the Chiefs versus Bills game last night. I thought Allen played well, but it comes down to fine margins, although the Hardman fumble made the game closer that it could have been.

The Bills have under invested at the WR position and Diggs' contract is starting to look not great value for money as his influence tails off. Knox and Kincaid are two steady tight ends and Cook looks promising. One of the problems with being a consistent play off team is that they do not pick early enough to get one of the elite WRs who usually go early in the draft. By picks in the late 20s and through the second round the WRs who are available are a bit more hit and miss. For every Metcalfe their is a Harry. For the Chief Rice looks a better pick in the second round than Hardman was. Shakir is a good third option, but with Allen on a big contract it is difficult to go out and sign someone such as Higgins.

Milano has been a massive miss for the Bills. He is an excellent, alround line backer who can cover. The Chiefs pick on Klein all game.

Sad the Texans' dream season finally came crashing down but hard to be too down as it feels like we've got a very exciting few years coming up - speaking of Tee Higgins I wouldn't be surprised if we made a run at him; Nico and Higgins on the outside with a healthy Tank Dell spotting and doing some hybrid slot work would surely put us in the scary category for offense. And we are finally an attractive destination for free agents which is nice. Amazing how one pick can turn an entire franchise around.

Fully on board the Lions train as well, especially now the Bills are gone. I live in Boise so have a soft spot for Allen coming out of the MW (as well as being an old fashioned gunslinger), and Khalil Shakir is my guy - his draft spot was criminal and a really nice humble lad as well, I am good friends with one of his former coaches and met him a couple of times during COVID. Glad to see he's catching on. His numbers this season (targets vs. catches and yards) compared with Diggs are eye-popping. Josh will need to restructure his deal in the offseason if they've got any chance of getting their squad over that hump.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024