Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters meeting 6th Jan 21:58 - Jan 4 with 12940 viewsjudd

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2024/01/supporters-meeting-6-th-january-2024/

All supporters should access the link and see the bullet point slides that have been put together ahead of Saturday, hopefully giving supporters time to see the options we have looked at, and how we see things as of now. We will go through them on Saturday with narrative in order to expand on the individual points.

All questions are welcomed and if you cannot be there in person then please email them to info@daletrust.co.uk.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 20:22 - Jan 5 with 3735 viewsjudd

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 20:09 - Jan 5 by blackdogblue

My thoughts for what they are worth…

The meeting has been changed from an 11am start to a 12pm start in the Racky on a match day.

The Racky is open to home & away fans I presume at the same time & nowhere have I seen in any email update from the trust, please bring your membership card for this season to be allowed entry to what is effectively an importantTrust Members meeting or is it an open house?

Many people especially those of us / you who have Kids/Teenagers have spent a fortune over Christmas / New year are skint & looking a long way away from the end of the month before payday…

I agree with Fitz.. 100 minimum shares is a lot to cough up as above, 25 is better to have £50 of something rather than 100% of nothing and may spike more interest at this time of year.

The Trust & I know they are all volunteers & appluded for what they do as volunteers… have access to us all for an email poll for the best options for a meeting time / date.. let’s be honest here.. the club own the Racky & it’s shut 90% of the time… if there is not enough how about opening the front door & having it upstairs?,

Ohh & whilst I’m at it… read the update about smoking & the need to review steward costs etc… correct me if I’m wrong as not been for a while as you know but there used to be 2 people on the front door at half time telling you if you go out you ain’t getting back in 🤷‍♂️… why if they are getting paid to stand there and you get a token on entry can’t they do it???

It's not a members meeting, it's for all supporters.

The 11am was a typo, since corrected.

The meeting is in the Dale bar but will move if crowd is too big.

The minimum share purchase is a suggestion open for discussion and feedback.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 20:23 - Jan 5 with 3723 views442Dale

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 20:09 - Jan 5 by blackdogblue

My thoughts for what they are worth…

The meeting has been changed from an 11am start to a 12pm start in the Racky on a match day.

The Racky is open to home & away fans I presume at the same time & nowhere have I seen in any email update from the trust, please bring your membership card for this season to be allowed entry to what is effectively an importantTrust Members meeting or is it an open house?

Many people especially those of us / you who have Kids/Teenagers have spent a fortune over Christmas / New year are skint & looking a long way away from the end of the month before payday…

I agree with Fitz.. 100 minimum shares is a lot to cough up as above, 25 is better to have £50 of something rather than 100% of nothing and may spike more interest at this time of year.

The Trust & I know they are all volunteers & appluded for what they do as volunteers… have access to us all for an email poll for the best options for a meeting time / date.. let’s be honest here.. the club own the Racky & it’s shut 90% of the time… if there is not enough how about opening the front door & having it upstairs?,

Ohh & whilst I’m at it… read the update about smoking & the need to review steward costs etc… correct me if I’m wrong as not been for a while as you know but there used to be 2 people on the front door at half time telling you if you go out you ain’t getting back in 🤷‍♂️… why if they are getting paid to stand there and you get a token on entry can’t they do it???

It was made clear from the start that this was open to all supporters. From the Trust site:

<<“ We have chosen Dale Bar instead of Ratcliffe Suite due to the background noise experienced at previous meetings. This is not a trust-exclusive meeting so we hope as many fans as possible can attend”>>

The Trust have made plenty of missteps over the last year, we can either go over them all time and again in this thread, or we can focus on an opportunity to make a difference for our club.

Look back, there have been plenty of opportunities and requests people do all they can to try and play a part. Have there been times when the work put in at previous meetings has been wasted by a lack of structured follow up? Yes. Has there been frustration at allowing that time to pass? Yes. It’s even been pointed out at the bloody meetings! Do we go round and round using all that to pick holes in tomorrow?

Or do we use another opportunity to utilise the organisation that represents us to help us to help our football club? If we cannot see this is a positive, especially in the detail provided in the presentation and its total transparency around various ways to raise money, then we’re at risk of creating further problems when they aren’t needed.

Please attend tomorrow if you can. Listen to what the Trust say, listen to what your fellow fans might say, have your say.

If not, use the email option available or, if you want a particular subject or question actually raised within the meeting the offer is there to send a PM and I’ll do my best to get it in.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 17:56 - Jan 6 with 3391 views442Dale

A good meeting. Some of what was covered:

The Trust went through their presentation and there was a lot of discussion around funding routes going forward. There was an obvious feeling that some fans were worried about providing funds for players whilst doubt remains about the overall future direction of the club. On the flip side all wanted to help Jim McNulty and his players as much as possible.

There was a general consensus that having these two alternative funding ideas available to supporters could be the route forward for the rest of the season: Squad Builder and Fighting Fund.

The Trust will provide more details of course and it was asked that could any funds provided to support the club with the playing budget also see the Trust receive the equivalent in shares. eg. Fans raise £3k, the Trust get £3k’s worth of shares and the club are able to use the money to assist with bringing in a player.

There was, yet again, a desire from supporters for the Trust to seek information/reassurance from the club about the future - short term at least. They’re under no illusions how this is leading to an increasing feeling of concern amongst many and also a certain level of apathy as people just watch us bounce along with no clear direction.

Also, the subject of the upcoming Fans Forum was brought up. This is scheduled for the 25th January and will provide all supporters with the opportunity to question the board and the manager directly as part of the Fan Engagement programme agreed last summer.

Apologies if I’ve got any details slightly wrong and that certainly wasn’t everything that came up, others will hopefully fill in any gaps.

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 18:18 - Jan 6 with 3293 viewsTVOS1907

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 17:56 - Jan 6 by 442Dale

The Trust went through their presentation and there was a lot of discussion around funding routes going forward. There was an obvious feeling that some fans were worried about providing funds for players whilst doubt remains about the overall future direction of the club. On the flip side all wanted to help Jim McNulty and his players as much as possible.

There was a general consensus that having these two alternative funding ideas available to supporters could be the route forward for the rest of the season: Squad Builder and Fighting Fund.

The Trust will provide more details of course and it was asked that could any funds provided to support the club with the playing budget also see the Trust receive the equivalent in shares. eg. Fans raise £3k, the Trust get £3k’s worth of shares and the club are able to use the money to assist with bringing in a player.

There was, yet again, a desire from supporters for the Trust to seek information/reassurance from the club about the future - short term at least. They’re under no illusions how this is leading to an increasing feeling of concern amongst many and also a certain level of apathy as people just watch us bounce along with no clear direction.

Also, the subject of the upcoming Fans Forum was brought up. This is scheduled for the 25th January and will provide all supporters with the opportunity to question the board and the manager directly as part of the Fan Engagement programme agreed last summer.

Apologies if I’ve got any details slightly wrong and that certainly wasn’t everything that came up, others will hopefully fill in any gaps.

'Upcoming Fans Forum'? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere. Apologies if I've missed it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 18:28 - Jan 6 with 3246 viewsAndyH

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 17:56 - Jan 6 by 442Dale

Good meeting and good summary. We are all passionate and despite the 'apathy', still motivated. At least now we have a plan and direction in which to channel our energy. Squad Builder or Fighting Fund... or both!
Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 18:45 - Jan 6 with 3164 viewsSuddenLad

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 18:28 - Jan 6 by AndyH

Good meeting and good summary. We are all passionate and despite the 'apathy', still motivated. At least now we have a plan and direction in which to channel our energy. Squad Builder or Fighting Fund... or both!

And it was worth staying to watch the match as well.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 14:45 - Jan 8 with 2437 viewsChaffRAFC

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 18:18 - Jan 6 by TVOS1907

'Upcoming Fans Forum'? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere. Apologies if I've missed it.

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/06/fan-engagement-programme-for-23-24/

I spoke to Murray after the meeting who confirmed this was still happening.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 15:22 - Jan 8 with 2362 viewsTVOS1907

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 14:45 - Jan 8 by ChaffRAFC

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/06/fan-engagement-programme-for-23-24/

I spoke to Murray after the meeting who confirmed this was still happening.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Thanks Chaff. It maybe needs a wider audience as I imagine only a limited number of our fan base refer to the Trust site.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 09:52 - Jan 10 with 1925 viewsKnavesmireBob

Another excellent and transparent email update from the Trust last night/this morning on last Saturday's meeting.

My personal tupennyworth would be to accept there's no perfect solution and go all in on the squad builder fund - it feels the most marketable way to get the fanbase and wider town behind a single undiluted project with simple unified messaging, and channel financial support where the club is currently being led most successfully, on the pitch by Jim and his players. That said I can absolutely see the rationale and concerns behind the fighting fund too.

Anyway, another great piece of communication, really positive to get such detail on the thinking behind decisions and where we're at.
Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 11:47 - Jan 10 with 1747 viewsHorton_Mouse

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 09:52 - Jan 10 by KnavesmireBob

Another excellent and transparent email update from the Trust last night/this morning on last Saturday's meeting.

My personal tupennyworth would be to accept there's no perfect solution and go all in on the squad builder fund - it feels the most marketable way to get the fanbase and wider town behind a single undiluted project with simple unified messaging, and channel financial support where the club is currently being led most successfully, on the pitch by Jim and his players. That said I can absolutely see the rationale and concerns behind the fighting fund too.

Anyway, another great piece of communication, really positive to get such detail on the thinking behind decisions and where we're at.

I agree, to fund a Squad Builder will hopefully mean a better team = better results = better attendances = better revenue.

There won't be a need for an emergency fund if the former works.
Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 12:20 - Jan 10 with 1675 viewsD_Alien

In terms of comms, it's as if we've suddenly moved from 2004 to 2024, and i don't doubt the amount of work and thought that's going into this

Appreciate the feeling amongst those present at the meeting about where monies could/should be directed. I remain ambivalent but hopefully something further may emerge from the Trust/BoD meeting, when the minutes are available

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 15:06 - Jan 10 with 1470 views442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2024/01/dale-supporters-consultation-meeting-squad-b

Full report in the link above. The feeling in the room is represented well in that and it’s easy to see everyone’s point on each option.

The issues raised about the Squad Builder was establishing what difference it could make if finances were so strapped that we would find it difficult to bring anyone in anyway. The manager’s interview on Saturday gives a good insight on that. Would money raised by fans be the difference maker on that front? Everyone in the room realised how important it was to recognise the manager/players efforts and help them where possible.

The fans forum on the 25th would be a great opportunity for the board to establish that with supporters when answering questions on the immediate future.
It is to their credit they agreed this interaction to take place at this stage in the season, even more so when considering our current circumstances.
That planned engagement with supporters is vital to illustrating how we are all in this together to find positive routes forward. It would be a real worry if we didn’t have these opportunities. Of course, it should be available online for those unable to attend, as it has been previously.

Thanks to the Trust for Saturday and this report being made available so quickly for all fans to gain some understanding.
[Post edited 10 Jan 15:07]

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 15:55 - Jan 10 with 1405 views100notout

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 15:06 - Jan 10 by 442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2024/01/dale-supporters-consultation-meeting-squad-b

Full report in the link above. The feeling in the room is represented well in that and it’s easy to see everyone’s point on each option.

The issues raised about the Squad Builder was establishing what difference it could make if finances were so strapped that we would find it difficult to bring anyone in anyway. The manager’s interview on Saturday gives a good insight on that. Would money raised by fans be the difference maker on that front? Everyone in the room realised how important it was to recognise the manager/players efforts and help them where possible.

The fans forum on the 25th would be a great opportunity for the board to establish that with supporters when answering questions on the immediate future.
It is to their credit they agreed this interaction to take place at this stage in the season, even more so when considering our current circumstances.
That planned engagement with supporters is vital to illustrating how we are all in this together to find positive routes forward. It would be a real worry if we didn’t have these opportunities. Of course, it should be available online for those unable to attend, as it has been previously.

Thanks to the Trust for Saturday and this report being made available so quickly for all fans to gain some understanding.
[Post edited 10 Jan 15:07]

Thanks to the Trust for holding the meeting and sharing the minutes.

Apologies, it might just be me, not having been at the meeting, but I'm a little confused with what "Plan B" actually is.

Is it a scheme to accept donations to the Trust which will be used to buy some of the 50k shares available - thus providing an immediate cash injection to the club?

Or is it a scheme to accept donations that will be ringfenced and used for example to help buy the club if it goes into administration?

Or is it something else?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 16:11 - Jan 10 with 1366 views442Dale

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 15:55 - Jan 10 by 100notout

Thanks to the Trust for holding the meeting and sharing the minutes.

Apologies, it might just be me, not having been at the meeting, but I'm a little confused with what "Plan B" actually is.

Is it a scheme to accept donations to the Trust which will be used to buy some of the 50k shares available - thus providing an immediate cash injection to the club?

Or is it a scheme to accept donations that will be ringfenced and used for example to help buy the club if it goes into administration?

Or is it something else?

The latter really, albeit without the administration bit!
It was discussed around having a fund that could be immediately utilised if required and also built upon.

It might only have a few quid in initially, but it could be ramped up quickly in various scenarios. Partly because of the lack of real awareness about the future, there was a real feeling that for those fans who wanted to put money in but were unsure how a squad builder would assist if things went downhill quickly, they could do so now in advance of this.

It’s gives an option for fans really, especially those concerned or unsure about the direction of the club at present. As has been mentioned, the forum on the 25th is a real opportunity for the board to provide more clarity to enable fans to make decisions on what they are contributing towards. Presumably if they want this to be as effective as possible, they have plans in place to present that on the evening or before then.

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 16:16 - Jan 10 with 1353 views100notout

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 16:11 - Jan 10 by 442Dale

The latter really, albeit without the administration bit!
It was discussed around having a fund that could be immediately utilised if required and also built upon.

It might only have a few quid in initially, but it could be ramped up quickly in various scenarios. Partly because of the lack of real awareness about the future, there was a real feeling that for those fans who wanted to put money in but were unsure how a squad builder would assist if things went downhill quickly, they could do so now in advance of this.

It’s gives an option for fans really, especially those concerned or unsure about the direction of the club at present. As has been mentioned, the forum on the 25th is a real opportunity for the board to provide more clarity to enable fans to make decisions on what they are contributing towards. Presumably if they want this to be as effective as possible, they have plans in place to present that on the evening or before then.

Thanks.

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 16:45 - Jan 10 with 1285 views442Dale

The other possible positive news could be the Community Ownership Fund being successful:

<<“Resubmit the Community Ownership Fund Bid (see HERE) which was (turned down by Government), initially unsuccessful, and being re-submitted by the end of January, which entails the Trust purchasing the pitch, thus protecting the stadium from any future plans for use other than a sporting venue, and securing the future of the many functions by the Community Trust directly benefiting the community. If we raised £200,000 then the government would provide an additional £800,000”>>

It was also discussed on the options should this be unsuccessful, especially as it is rightly mentioned how important it is to protect the stadium by the Trust purchasing the pitch.
Amongst these was the suggestion the Trust purchasing it for a small fee (whether that be £1 or monies raised via the Fighting Fund- just examples, that’s all), because there should be no change in commitment to the benefits of securing this for the community in the future, irrespective of what fee the Trust pay for it.

Of course, we all hope the bid is successful because that would bring a greater financial benefit to the club. However, the overall security benefit to Dale fans/the club/the community/the town exists whichever route is taken: the Trust would purchase the pitch.
[Post edited 10 Jan 16:47]

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 16:59 - Jan 10 with 1226 viewsTalkingSutty

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 16:45 - Jan 10 by 442Dale

The other possible positive news could be the Community Ownership Fund being successful:

<<“Resubmit the Community Ownership Fund Bid (see HERE) which was (turned down by Government), initially unsuccessful, and being re-submitted by the end of January, which entails the Trust purchasing the pitch, thus protecting the stadium from any future plans for use other than a sporting venue, and securing the future of the many functions by the Community Trust directly benefiting the community. If we raised £200,000 then the government would provide an additional £800,000”>>

It was also discussed on the options should this be unsuccessful, especially as it is rightly mentioned how important it is to protect the stadium by the Trust purchasing the pitch.
Amongst these was the suggestion the Trust purchasing it for a small fee (whether that be £1 or monies raised via the Fighting Fund- just examples, that’s all), because there should be no change in commitment to the benefits of securing this for the community in the future, irrespective of what fee the Trust pay for it.

Of course, we all hope the bid is successful because that would bring a greater financial benefit to the club. However, the overall security benefit to Dale fans/the club/the community/the town exists whichever route is taken: the Trust would purchase the pitch.
[Post edited 10 Jan 16:47]

Excellent post. The Trust purchasing the pitch from the club for a token fee, even £1, would protect it from having houses built on it and deter investors with the wrong intentions. It woukd pave the way for a proper community club. I think that would be something that would also attract the council and local businesses to get involved in future projects.
Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 17:03 - Jan 10 with 1220 views442Dale

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 16:59 - Jan 10 by TalkingSutty

Excellent post. The Trust purchasing the pitch from the club for a token fee, even £1, would protect it from having houses built on it and deter investors with the wrong intentions. It woukd pave the way for a proper community club. I think that would be something that would also attract the council and local businesses to get involved in future projects.

That’s it, whichever way it happens, it has to happen.

Preferably with the assistance of the financial boost from the Community Ownership Fund bid.

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 17:17 - Jan 10 with 1187 views100notout

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 16:59 - Jan 10 by TalkingSutty

I personally don't think it would TS.

In the event of administration or worse, the insolvency practitioner might be able to "set aside" the pitch purchase as a "Transaction at undervalue". I'm not an expert in the field (pardon the pun) of insolvency but no doubt the Trust could get some (pro bono?) professional advice on this?

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 17:36 - Jan 10 with 1134 views442Dale

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 17:17 - Jan 10 by 100notout

I personally don't think it would TS.

In the event of administration or worse, the insolvency practitioner might be able to "set aside" the pitch purchase as a "Transaction at undervalue". I'm not an expert in the field (pardon the pun) of insolvency but no doubt the Trust could get some (pro bono?) professional advice on this?

Interesting point and worth looking into definitely. Of course, establishing the value of the pitch would be worth clarifying.

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 17:51 - Jan 10 with 1078 views100notout

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 17:36 - Jan 10 by 442Dale

Interesting point and worth looking into definitely. Of course, establishing the value of the pitch would be worth clarifying.

And valuing it is almost an impossible task - which is where professional advice would be essential - you could say its worth anything from £1 (as proposed) to £1m (as per the COF)

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 17:56 - Jan 10 with 1073 viewsJames1980

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 17:36 - Jan 10 by 442Dale

Is this something a volunteer army member with the right knowledge could advise on?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 17:59 - Jan 10 with 1061 views442Dale

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 17:51 - Jan 10 by 100notout

And valuing it is almost an impossible task - which is where professional advice would be essential - you could say its worth anything from £1 (as proposed) to £1m (as per the COF)

Yeah, that’s what I meant. The main thing is the focus on the Trust securing the purchase for all the reasons listed in their report, hopefully with the bid succeeding but if not, an alternative established.

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 19:06 - Jan 10 with 979 viewsRodingdale

Good communication from the trust following Saturdays encouraging sounding fans meeting. Together with the recently improved comms, it feels much more like a move back towards Team Rochdale. Great to see. Thanks to everyone involved.
Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 21:01 - Jan 10 with 887 views442Dale

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 19:06 - Jan 10 by Rodingdale

Good communication from the trust following Saturdays encouraging sounding fans meeting. Together with the recently improved comms, it feels much more like a move back towards Team Rochdale. Great to see. Thanks to everyone involved.

It was really positive. With the fans forum coming in a couple of weeks, it also gives the chance for the club to build upon the Trust’s excellent work and move forward these fundraising ideas so we aren’t losing more crucial time.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024