Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters meeting 6th Jan 21:58 - Jan 4 with 12947 viewsjudd

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2024/01/supporters-meeting-6-th-january-2024/

All supporters should access the link and see the bullet point slides that have been put together ahead of Saturday, hopefully giving supporters time to see the options we have looked at, and how we see things as of now. We will go through them on Saturday with narrative in order to expand on the individual points.

All questions are welcomed and if you cannot be there in person then please email them to info@daletrust.co.uk.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 21:33 - Jan 10 with 1336 viewsdownunder

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 16:59 - Jan 10 by TalkingSutty

Excellent post. The Trust purchasing the pitch from the club for a token fee, even ÂŁ1, would protect it from having houses built on it and deter investors with the wrong intentions. It woukd pave the way for a proper community club. I think that would be something that would also attract the council and local businesses to get involved in future projects.

Following on from this, am i correct in thinking that parts of Scotland/Peak district/Wales are split into sections, to allow people to buy and become a "Lord"?
Who fancies being Lord Spotland of the Penalty spot? For a suitable fee to the club of course.
This may be the legal pathway to follow...If they can do it, so can the Trust or club.
Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 22:39 - Jan 10 with 1219 viewsTalkingSutty

Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 17:17 - Jan 10 by 100notout

I personally don't think it would TS.

In the event of administration or worse, the insolvency practitioner might be able to "set aside" the pitch purchase as a "Transaction at undervalue". I'm not an expert in the field (pardon the pun) of insolvency but no doubt the Trust could get some (pro bono?) professional advice on this?

Voted your post down in error, sorry about that, not the first time I've done that lately. Your post makes senseđź‘Ť
Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 09:22 - Jan 19 with 750 viewsShun

Unsure where exactly to post this, but Accrington’s owner has been transparent in letting fans know he’s had plenty of interest in the club but nothing concrete. I imagine that’s where we are, and just shows how difficult the process is, especially as they’re a league higher and a potentially more attractive project.
Supporters meeting 6th Jan on 09:52 - Jan 19 with 679 viewsEllDale

They may be a league higher but their catchment area is relatively smaller to ours so could they increase the fan base significantly? And they can’t really extend that stadium.
Something else I did notice yesterday was a piece on Scunthorpe in The Guardian.
They had to raise £3 million to buy the ground back and managed it with a £2.5 million grant from the government’s Levelling Up fund.
Could Dale apply for some money from this scheme? Few towns are as impoverished statistically as Rochdale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024