Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley & local council 09:27 - Jan 23 with 1881 viewsjudd

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2024/january/oakwell-lease/

Poll: What is it to be then?

Barnsley & local council on 11:06 - Jan 23 with 1699 views49thseason

Good news for Barnsley. The Barnsley Council clearly recognises the value of the club to the town. It would be wonderful if Rochdale Council were to adopt a similar stance, but unfortunately I can't see it happening.....
Barnsley & local council on 11:56 - Jan 23 with 1606 viewsD_Alien

Interesting juxtaposition here with the Halifax situation

I suspect we're nearer to the Halifax council position than Barnsley, but how come the latter can afford the option whilst others can't? Not sure that Barnsley as a town can be seen as any more prosperous than either Dale or Halifax?

Edit: just as an aside, i wish corporate-speak like "We will now be working to further integrate the club into our fantastic town centre offer" was binned. The word "offer" is just bollocks and unnecessary
[Post edited 23 Jan 11:59]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Barnsley & local council on 15:28 - Jan 23 with 1350 viewsDalenet

Barnsley & local council on 11:56 - Jan 23 by D_Alien

Interesting juxtaposition here with the Halifax situation

I suspect we're nearer to the Halifax council position than Barnsley, but how come the latter can afford the option whilst others can't? Not sure that Barnsley as a town can be seen as any more prosperous than either Dale or Halifax?

Edit: just as an aside, i wish corporate-speak like "We will now be working to further integrate the club into our fantastic town centre offer" was binned. The word "offer" is just bollocks and unnecessary
[Post edited 23 Jan 11:59]

Maybe the council have levelling up money from a towns bid and they won that money because it was seen as regenerating the town centre. Oakwell is within walking distance of the centre. So the council feel they need to mention "the town centre offer" everytime.

The council bought their original 50% share of the stadium in 2003 before councils were seriously clipped financially. Maybe the family that has sold the rest to the council for peanuts on the understanding that Barnsley FC got an extended 30 year lease. The council now have a valuable asset on their hands. The club will have a fully insured and repair lease in place so the cost to the council will be zero.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024