Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Share purchases update 09:48 - Jan 26 with 7851 viewsjudd

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2024/01/small-quantity-share-purchases-expressions-o

Poll: What is it to be then?

Share purchases update on 10:48 - Jan 26 with 5653 views100notout

An excellent move forward - well done to the trust and the Club.

It is now encumbent on each and everyone of us to dip in to our pockets and stump up a bit of cash - there are over 600 shareholders in the club and I'm sure several on here that are not shareholders.

Let's all take up this offer - 25 shares at £2.35 = £58.75. Better still buy 50 shares = £117.50.

Onwards and upwards.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Share purchases update on 12:18 - Jan 26 with 5488 viewsD_Alien

Share purchases update on 10:48 - Jan 26 by 100notout

An excellent move forward - well done to the trust and the Club.

It is now encumbent on each and everyone of us to dip in to our pockets and stump up a bit of cash - there are over 600 shareholders in the club and I'm sure several on here that are not shareholders.

Let's all take up this offer - 25 shares at £2.35 = £58.75. Better still buy 50 shares = £117.50.

Onwards and upwards.

I agree. I'm in

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Share purchases update on 13:14 - Jan 26 with 5363 viewsscooby

Question is, how quick will this need to run, and just what is the state of finances today? what impact will this have in a month or will it be too late?

I hate to be the voice of doom, however there are lots of rumours flying around (surprised no one is talking about them on here), I trust very few of them and the current board probably less... People like me will need answers before handover over cash to what could a blackhole and too late. The current world is a mess and people should be asking questions before chucking hard earned money away
[Post edited 26 Jan 13:31]
Share purchases update on 13:35 - Jan 26 with 5316 viewsJames1980

The club have answered the request to lower the threshold for share purchases to raise much needed funds. I know it isn't an investment that one would expect a return from but if I do buy an additional 25 shares I certainly won't see it as 'Throwing my money away'.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Share purchases update on 13:37 - Jan 26 with 5309 viewsD_Alien

Share purchases update on 13:14 - Jan 26 by scooby

Question is, how quick will this need to run, and just what is the state of finances today? what impact will this have in a month or will it be too late?

I hate to be the voice of doom, however there are lots of rumours flying around (surprised no one is talking about them on here), I trust very few of them and the current board probably less... People like me will need answers before handover over cash to what could a blackhole and too late. The current world is a mess and people should be asking questions before chucking hard earned money away

I don't think there's any hesitancy in asking questions, it's not in our DNA

We're all in the same boat, finance-wise, and no easy answers even if questions were being asked, but tbh, they've already been asked several times over, it gets a bit repetitive if you don't mind me saying...

Share purchases update on 13:54 - Jan 26 with 5250 viewsscooby

Share purchases update on 13:37 - Jan 26 by D_Alien

I don't think there's any hesitancy in asking questions, it's not in our DNA

We're all in the same boat, finance-wise, and no easy answers even if questions were being asked, but tbh, they've already been asked several times over, it gets a bit repetitive if you don't mind me saying...

I don't mind anyone saying anything However, I'm not fully clear on your point, should they no longer be asked if seen as repetitive?

Or do people keep asking the same thing as they are not getting answers, clear ones? I've no clear understanding of how things stand etc. Never have under the current board.
Share purchases update on 13:57 - Jan 26 with 5235 viewsD_Alien

Share purchases update on 13:54 - Jan 26 by scooby

I don't mind anyone saying anything However, I'm not fully clear on your point, should they no longer be asked if seen as repetitive?

Or do people keep asking the same thing as they are not getting answers, clear ones? I've no clear understanding of how things stand etc. Never have under the current board.

There are no new questions, and if those already asked haven't been answered to your satisfaction (and they haven't to mine) it's repetitive to talk to a brick wall (or plaque wall)

Share purchases update on 14:03 - Jan 26 with 5210 viewsscooby

Share purchases update on 13:57 - Jan 26 by D_Alien

There are no new questions, and if those already asked haven't been answered to your satisfaction (and they haven't to mine) it's repetitive to talk to a brick wall (or plaque wall)

a very fair point, and well made.

So for me it now purely comes down to personal feeling and how to use spare cash. an individual choice with no clarity, goal, or known impact.
Login to get fewer ads

Share purchases update on 14:26 - Jan 26 with 5137 viewsD_Alien

Share purchases update on 14:03 - Jan 26 by scooby

So for me it now purely comes down to personal feeling and how to use spare cash. an individual choice with no clarity, goal, or known impact.

Yep, and that's why i've not committed until this new arrangement. It'd be reasonable to assume the Trust have asked relevant questions about how far the purchase of shares (5000 @ £11750) will take us

Share purchases update on 14:33 - Jan 26 with 5100 viewsblackdogblue

25% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

I’m in & registered my interest with the Trust

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Share purchases update on 16:17 - Jan 26 with 4919 viewsDalenet

Share purchases update on 13:14 - Jan 26 by scooby

The Trust need to be very careful here as they cannot (in law) be seen to influence anybody to buy shares in a private business. Because it is a private business there is no prospectus and there is no financial disclosure. Nobody on here can legitimately help you directly with an answer to your questions.

Two things you might want to think about:
1. Read the thread following the AGM where there was some suggestion that the Board had again put cash in to keep us going and that there would be cash from a player sale to help the rest of the season. (We assumed Nevitt and then he got injured.) But others (including myself) have bought more shares on the belief that it will help for now. But you can draw your own conclusions from the comments made on that thread
2. Decide whether you can afford to lose the £100 or so you might use to pay for the shares. If you can't afford to lose it I would respectfully suggest you don't buy. Lets be honest there is little prospect of us ever getting our money back.

For most Daleys this is about the share certificate. About saying they own a tiny bit of the club they love. Nothing more than an emotional buy. The Board will use the money to help run the club, just the same as the Trust will pass cash to the club from the Squad builder fund on the caveat that it pays for a player(s).
Share purchases update on 17:32 - Jan 26 with 4793 viewsnordenblue

Share purchases update on 14:03 - Jan 26 by scooby

For those already with share "certificates" I'd guess the same folk will want some sort of reassurance there's still a club to support or even say they've got shares in before they tip up any more brass into what ultimately sounds very much sadly like a lost cause (black hole).
Share purchases update on 19:15 - Jan 26 with 4609 views442Dale

The full report from the Trust’s meeting with the board and the answers to questions sent in will be interesting.

On the ‘25 shares’ thing: say if only 100 people wish to buy them, will the club still sell them? That’s over £5k. Surely any money coming in is good money.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Share purchases update on 19:25 - Jan 26 with 4598 viewsD_Alien

Share purchases update on 19:15 - Jan 26 by 442Dale

The full report from the Trust’s meeting with the board and the answers to questions sent in will be interesting.

On the ‘25 shares’ thing: say if only 100 people wish to buy them, will the club still sell them? That’s over £5k. Surely any money coming in is good money.

Something i wondered about too

I presume the purchase would be facilitated in such a way that made the admin for the club less of an issue. So, why would the club turn the additional income down? It could be 195 potential buyers... what then?

Share purchases update on 19:34 - Jan 26 with 4569 views442Dale

Share purchases update on 19:25 - Jan 26 by D_Alien

Something i wondered about too

I presume the purchase would be facilitated in such a way that made the admin for the club less of an issue. So, why would the club turn the additional income down? It could be 195 potential buyers... what then?

Would love to know what makes this particular type of business administration so particularly worthy of discussion. You don’t hear about the complications of buying tickets for two different stands ten minutes before kick off of a pre season friendly.

Admin is admin. What extra costs are involved?

Share purchases update on 19:49 - Jan 26 with 4531 viewspioneer

Share purchases update on 19:34 - Jan 26 by 442Dale

Would love to know what makes this particular type of business administration so particularly worthy of discussion. You don’t hear about the complications of buying tickets for two different stands ten minutes before kick off of a pre season friendly.

Admin is admin. What extra costs are involved?

I ptromised myself I wouldnt buy any at this higher price which was set to make the directors feel better about the price they had to pay to avoid legal action. You can look at it as 17% inflation on the price of a share given the previous sales.

Yes the price was approved at an EGM…maybe they should hold another EGM to change that.
Share purchases update on 20:06 - Jan 26 with 4498 views442Dale

Share purchases update on 19:49 - Jan 26 by pioneer

I ptromised myself I wouldnt buy any at this higher price which was set to make the directors feel better about the price they had to pay to avoid legal action. You can look at it as 17% inflation on the price of a share given the previous sales.

Yes the price was approved at an EGM…maybe they should hold another EGM to change that.

Would you buy the equivalent of around £60 worth though?

I get all the arguments, and there are some very pertinent points in this thread about the continuing lack of clarity. However, that’s on the club and those involved will be remembered for what they do/don’t do.

That aside, as a stand alone chance for fans to become shareholders in their club for a more reasonable figure is a reasonable opportunity that could, and it’s only an opinion, mean more than whatever we feel about the current situation. I totally understand that others may disagree as well, but if you can afford sixty quid (and appreciate that’s still not an insignificant sum at present), please give it some thought.

Share purchases update on 13:19 - Jan 27 with 3857 views100notout

Share purchases update on 20:06 - Jan 26 by 442Dale

Would you buy the equivalent of around £60 worth though?

I get all the arguments, and there are some very pertinent points in this thread about the continuing lack of clarity. However, that’s on the club and those involved will be remembered for what they do/don’t do.

That aside, as a stand alone chance for fans to become shareholders in their club for a more reasonable figure is a reasonable opportunity that could, and it’s only an opinion, mean more than whatever we feel about the current situation. I totally understand that others may disagree as well, but if you can afford sixty quid (and appreciate that’s still not an insignificant sum at present), please give it some thought.

To put into context you could easily spend £60 on a night out - few beers, curry, taxis

Share purchases update on 14:01 - Jan 27 with 3795 viewskel

Share purchases update on 13:19 - Jan 27 by 100notout

To put into context you could easily spend £60 on a night out - few beers, curry, taxis

With respect, a lot of people don’t have the disposable income to either buy shares or have a night out.
Share purchases update on 14:33 - Jan 27 with 3744 views100notout

Share purchases update on 14:01 - Jan 27 by kel

With respect, a lot of people don’t have the disposable income to either buy shares or have a night out.

agreed

Share purchases update on 13:58 - Jan 28 with 3380 viewsRAFCBLUE

Share purchases update on 14:26 - Jan 26 by D_Alien

Yep, and that's why i've not committed until this new arrangement. It'd be reasonable to assume the Trust have asked relevant questions about how far the purchase of shares (5000 @ £11750) will take us

I’m not sure we need the presence of a maths teacher to work out if the club loses £0.5m per year (based on the last published accounts) then that amount of money willlast about one week.

Hopefully, those who are able to, dig deep and make the subscription offered by the Board and Trust a success.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Share purchases update on 14:36 - Jan 28 with 3305 views442Dale

Share purchases update on 13:58 - Jan 28 by RAFCBLUE

I’m not sure we need the presence of a maths teacher to work out if the club loses £0.5m per year (based on the last published accounts) then that amount of money willlast about one week.

Hopefully, those who are able to, dig deep and make the subscription offered by the Board and Trust a success.

Nobody is under any illusions.

Unfortunately, as has been pointed out time and again for over a year, if there had been greater emphasis put on the immediate need to sell shares after they were made available in November 2022, we might have taken a different path. But this has been also been put to the club on numerous occasions as well, and it’s added to the list of missed opportunities over the last 2.5 years plus.

Opportunities which, if taken, would have undoubtedly reduced losses.

Share purchases update on 15:06 - Jan 28 with 3237 viewsD_Alien

Share purchases update on 13:58 - Jan 28 by RAFCBLUE

One could always ask those 'itk' how many days that amount might equate to?

I asked at the AGM how far the input of further funds from SG might last, and the answer came back "around the end of January"

I'm sure we don't need the presence of an horologist to work out that's about now

Share purchases update on 12:51 - Jan 29 with 2857 viewsmatthewdale1983

I don't post much on those board, but as a life long fan I think its fair to say I don't want to see the club fail, however this current board literally can't communicate for toffee. We fought off a take over - would we of been in a worse position than now if we hadn't? I actually doubt it, I don't care what any body thinks we seem incapable of managing the club. How is it we are all on a funding drive which is being lead by individuals and the supporters trust (admirably, may I add) but for me and I'm sure others, I want to know if the money is being used correctly and not just 'pissed up the wall', squad builder aside we have youth team players etc and a large infrastructure with massive outgoings, in reality raising 10k for example is probably pissing in the wind in terms of costs and wages, and unless we sort out these outgoings and maximise income then as a business it is doomed to fail. I honestly can't see how any small share sale will help that, someone needs to make tough decisions, like a cull of the staff in none essential jobs within the club, if we aren't getting the funding from the league for youth team for example, wrap it up, as we don't seem prepared to utilise the players to fill the bench anyway. I will support and purchase merchandise from the club as much as possible (always have and will continue to do so), but we need changes to the club now - some communication and rallying calls from Simon wouldn't go amiss...just my thoughts, I and probably many more would be inclined more to purchase shares if this was the case.
Share purchases update on 06:40 - Feb 5 with 2163 viewsD_Alien

So today is another "deadline day" when Expressions of Interest should be made by 5pm for the Trust to take this forward, providing there's at least 200 made

Presumably, the current total is known and not sure why anyone would be waiting till just before the deadline before making their minds up, so i guess the Trust will already have a good idea whether this is a goer or not

A positive performance last Saturday might've helped any 'undecideds' but how much our form is linked to our overall situation is a moot point. Obviously, our finances impact our squad, but whether the seemingly apathetic displays since we returned to action spreads back to the fanbase is also worth mentioning
[Post edited 5 Feb 6:42]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024