Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meeting with Justin Carrado 12:54 - Mar 9 with 4673 viewsjudd

Apologies for the delay in getting this out - work and family stuff took over.

Trust meeting with the Football Club LLC
8th March 2024

Further to the announcement of the letter of intent to buy the club, Managing Partner Justin Carrado and his UK based business partner, Dave Dwyer, invited the Trust Chair onto a Zoom call this evening.
Having previously met with Dave as part of his due diligence, the upbeat and positive nature on display at that meeting continued today.
We opened with a detailed discussion of what had happened at local clubs Bury and Oldham and there was a good understanding of these events.
A more detailed statement from Justin and Dave has been promised for 14th March, but we were able to discuss how the club will be funded, the multi-year commitment to sustaining the club, developing the academy, and a level-headed approach to how to get the club back into the EFL without risking everything.
Justin was keen to explore the aspirations and expectations of Rochdale supporters, the initial thoughts being survival, sustainability and sensible progression, which all sat well with how Justin and Dave saw the future.
Justin expects to be over again soon for a game and, if the takeover is successful, the new ownership team intends to be at around 65% of games and will be visible at the training ground without intending to interfere in training.
Fan engagement was high on the agenda, with discussions held about the recommendations of the fan-led review, including a shadow board, and Justin is keen to involve the Trust in discussing and implementing improvements that we may identify going forward.
We will report on any further contact, which I am sure will happen in the very near future.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Meeting with Justin Carrado on 12:59 - Mar 9 with 4624 viewsNewbury_Dale

When the time is right, will the Trust be issuing a recommendation on which of the two entities trying to buy the club they prefer ? I think it's needed personally.
[Post edited 9 Mar 13:00]
Meeting with Justin Carrado on 13:02 - Mar 9 with 4586 views_Windydale

Great update. Cheers Judd.
All sounds pretty promising.
Meeting with Justin Carrado on 13:05 - Mar 9 with 4547 viewsYorkshire_Dale

We are at a critical time were we need to trust the judgement of people in whom WE trust, so your take on these guys carries a lot of weight Judd.

Good that you are keeping us abreast of what is happening, please keep it all coming.
Meeting with Justin Carrado on 13:05 - Mar 9 with 4541 viewsBrierls

As always, thanks for the update.
Meeting with Justin Carrado on 13:25 - Mar 9 with 4443 viewsEdindale

Very encouraging - thank you Judd.

Justin sounds very switched on and the fan engagement plans should reassure supporters.
Meeting with Justin Carrado on 13:59 - Mar 9 with 4318 viewsSuddenLad

Excellent, informative update Judd. Thanks.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Meeting with Justin Carrado on 19:38 - Mar 9 with 3734 viewsblackdogblue

Time is ticking.. thanks Judd… we need to put our faith in you & the trust 👍

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Meeting with Justin Carrado on 19:51 - Mar 9 with 3647 viewsD_Alien

Meeting with Justin Carrado on 19:38 - Mar 9 by blackdogblue

Time is ticking.. thanks Judd… we need to put our faith in you & the trust 👍

I think it's important to recognise that whilst the Trust and its chairman can meet with and otherwise examine the credentials of potential investors, it shouldn't ever be expected that they'd bear any responsibility should things not turn out as planned/hoped with any party

The comms are really good but they're not an endorsement, just a description of what took place

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Meeting with Justin Carrado on 21:41 - Mar 9 with 3367 viewsjudd

Meeting with Justin Carrado on 19:51 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

I think it's important to recognise that whilst the Trust and its chairman can meet with and otherwise examine the credentials of potential investors, it shouldn't ever be expected that they'd bear any responsibility should things not turn out as planned/hoped with any party

The comms are really good but they're not an endorsement, just a description of what took place

Exactly that. Thank you.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Meeting with Justin Carrado on 08:32 - Mar 10 with 2879 viewsblackdogblue

Meeting with Justin Carrado on 19:51 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

That’s not what I meant DA and agree with you.

Open & honest Comms go a long way to stop speculations and worries nothing is happening in the background and the Trust is involved 👍

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Meeting with Justin Carrado on 09:17 - Mar 10 with 2754 viewswozzrafc

Meeting with Justin Carrado on 08:32 - Mar 10 by blackdogblue

That’s not what I meant DA and agree with you.

Open & honest Comms go a long way to stop speculations and worries nothing is happening in the background and the Trust is involved 👍

100% agree black dog

The trust don’t have right to decide who the deal is done with but they can help with talking to the parties, doing their due diligence and communicating with the fans independently from the board of directors.
Meeting with Justin Carrado on 10:40 - Mar 10 with 2567 viewsnordenblue

Meeting with Justin Carrado on 09:17 - Mar 10 by wozzrafc

100% agree black dog

The trust don’t have right to decide who the deal is done with but they can help with talking to the parties, doing their due diligence and communicating with the fans independently from the board of directors.

You can be sure the trust are acting purely in the clubs interests with transparency as has been continually displayed, sadly the same can't be said for others though.

Well done to the trust and co for all the hours of your own time trying to preserve the club and its best interests, it's very much appreciated
Meeting with Justin Carrado on 10:57 - Mar 10 with 2479 viewswozzrafc

Meeting with Justin Carrado on 10:40 - Mar 10 by nordenblue

You can be sure the trust are acting purely in the clubs interests with transparency as has been continually displayed, sadly the same can't be said for others though.

Well done to the trust and co for all the hours of your own time trying to preserve the club and its best interests, it's very much appreciated

Until we know more details of each of the bids, more of the people involved and what their finances are I’m not sure we can say.

There are rumours but that is all they should be taken as.WSH and TFC are both outside parties and we should judge their bids on their merits. I may be naive but with involvement of the trust I hope the board will too.

Like it or not as fans we will not be party to the facts. Hopefully though both sets of bids will set out their plans.
Meeting with Justin Carrado on 11:56 - Mar 10 with 2337 viewsnordenblue

Meeting with Justin Carrado on 10:57 - Mar 10 by wozzrafc

Until we know more details of each of the bids, more of the people involved and what their finances are I’m not sure we can say.

There are rumours but that is all they should be taken as.WSH and TFC are both outside parties and we should judge their bids on their merits. I may be naive but with involvement of the trust I hope the board will too.

Like it or not as fans we will not be party to the facts. Hopefully though both sets of bids will set out their plans.

You/we don't need any more details to realise the trust are acting in the clubs best interests, id imagine we won't ever know everything about any of the interested investors finances etc, some things will always remain secretive to a degree.
Meeting with Justin Carrado on 14:43 - Mar 10 with 1997 viewswozzrafc

Meeting with Justin Carrado on 11:56 - Mar 10 by nordenblue

You/we don't need any more details to realise the trust are acting in the clubs best interests, id imagine we won't ever know everything about any of the interested investors finances etc, some things will always remain secretive to a degree.

Absolutely the trust will act in the clubs interest. It’s what it was out there to do.i think you misunderstood me I wasn’t questioning the trust at all, the exact opposite.

I was making the point that we as fans can’t make judgement as we are not party to all the facts we can’t, but because the trust is involved, we need to hope the decision will be made for the best of the club.
Meeting with Justin Carrado on 14:51 - Mar 10 with 1978 viewsjakedwd

The football club LLC in attendance yesterday

The American/ Lancastrian guy from the football club LLC ( second LOI I think )
Dave Dwyer who is Justin Corrado business partner was at the game yesterday in the sandy lane singing with the masses

He was in the Radcliffe before and after the game , he was talking to lots of people , seemed a good bloke TBH
I had a good chat with him.

Apparently it was his 4th game this year , fair play !

Don’t think he will be back after that display though plus the risk of relegation Haha
Meeting with Justin Carrado on 15:48 - Mar 10 with 1794 viewsrochedale

Had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with Dave yesterday, came across as a decent bloke and appeared happy to converse with many others.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024