Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Exiles are back in town….. 17:44 - Mar 22 with 8553 viewssuffolkdale

Will we maintain our proud record of never seeing the Dale lose at home, which must go back decades? Let us hope so!
Checked into the new Hampton in the town centre- great to see quality investment in the town - and who should be there to ‘welcome’ us none other than George Galloway. Sign him up Ian as we confidently expect to see him at the game tomorrow……
The Exiles are back in town….. on 20:22 - Mar 23 with 3707 viewsJames1980

The Exiles are back in town….. on 19:20 - Mar 23 by YouTubeDale

We were lucky not to concede with all the passing about at the back. Same old, same old...
Jim persists with his slow, slow, unexciting football. If he thinks that performance is good enough, then think again. Time for Jim to go I'm afraid.

Are you someone who posts on YouTube by any chance?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

The Exiles are back in town….. on 22:04 - Mar 23 with 3389 viewsnordenblue

The Exiles are back in town….. on 20:06 - Mar 23 by 442Dale

Without wanting to be repetitive, we are far from perfect and the manager has made plenty of mistakes, but explain how we sack a manager after three successive wins just because we might not like how often we overplay at the back?

To be fair to Jim and the players from what ive seen we don't seem to be playing it out quite as much or at least look to play an earlier "longer" ball out more often.

He's got them grinding out results too and can never grumble at a clean sheet, talk of sacking anyone after 3 wins on the bounce is just mental
The Exiles are back in town….. on 22:10 - Mar 23 with 3366 viewsmikehunt

Sassi actually made some match saving last ditch tackles in the second half, which kind of compensated for his rubbish first half. His stopping, putting his foot on the ball, waiting an age, then passing backwards was particularly frustrating.

Hard fought win was that. Let's hope it is the start of a new habit forming.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

The Exiles are back in town….. on 22:11 - Mar 23 with 3358 views442Dale

The Exiles are back in town….. on 22:04 - Mar 23 by nordenblue

To be fair to Jim and the players from what ive seen we don't seem to be playing it out quite as much or at least look to play an earlier "longer" ball out more often.

He's got them grinding out results too and can never grumble at a clean sheet, talk of sacking anyone after 3 wins on the bounce is just mental

Yep, it’s always been about getting the balance right. The biggest issue is when we do it in dangerous situations that have led to goals. Unfortunately some use negative results to bolster their arguments about style of play/individuals and disappear when a scrappy win doesn’t suit that narrative.

It’s all about being fair and saying what we see. And not changing our tune.

For what it’s worth, I think if McNulty had used Keohane and Henderson more effectively in January and February, we’d be seriously looking at the playoffs now. That’s been his biggest mistake, but everyone makes them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Exiles are back in town….. on 22:17 - Mar 23 with 3337 views49thseason

Sassi did OK bearing in mind he was thrown in at the deep end for his first senior game and was obviously nervous to start with. The new Keeper showed some excellent handling and seemed very calm, and even found time to order his defenders about a bit, something we have been short of...
We were discussing who might be around for next season , if there is one, and it could be another huge clear out, looking at those who are actually contracted, who we would want to keep and who might leave. there will be some big decisions to be made....If we get new owners and a bit of brass to spend, Chapman , on todays performance, would be at the top of my list, Hayes another, and you wonder if Mather might be loaned for a season in the NL or will United want him to play higher up the pyramid? Would we give Hendo another season? Would he want one? We concluded that Ferguson is the only contracted defender if Nevett leaves... Decisions decisions....
The Exiles are back in town….. on 22:17 - Mar 23 with 3338 viewsJames1980

The Exiles are back in town….. on 22:04 - Mar 23 by nordenblue

If YTD is who I think they are he has firmly nailed his colours to the Jim out mast

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

The Exiles are back in town….. on 22:30 - Mar 23 with 3267 viewsscarrow

The Exiles are back in town….. on 22:17 - Mar 23 by 49thseason

Sassi did OK bearing in mind he was thrown in at the deep end for his first senior game and was obviously nervous to start with. The new Keeper showed some excellent handling and seemed very calm, and even found time to order his defenders about a bit, something we have been short of...
We were discussing who might be around for next season , if there is one, and it could be another huge clear out, looking at those who are actually contracted, who we would want to keep and who might leave. there will be some big decisions to be made....If we get new owners and a bit of brass to spend, Chapman , on todays performance, would be at the top of my list, Hayes another, and you wonder if Mather might be loaned for a season in the NL or will United want him to play higher up the pyramid? Would we give Hendo another season? Would he want one? We concluded that Ferguson is the only contracted defender if Nevett leaves... Decisions decisions....

but it wasn't his first senior game

Poll: Final position

The Exiles are back in town….. on 23:18 - Mar 23 with 3119 viewsdingdangblue

The Exiles are back in town….. on 22:30 - Mar 23 by scarrow

but it wasn't his first senior game

I think he possibly means his first ever start and his first 90 mins of proper mans football.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

The Exiles are back in town….. on 00:42 - Mar 24 with 2975 viewsTVOS1907

The Exiles are back in town….. on 23:18 - Mar 23 by dingdangblue

I think he possibly means his first ever start and his first 90 mins of proper mans football.

He played the full game at Barnet.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The Exiles are back in town….. on 07:16 - Mar 24 with 2788 viewsNorthernDale

The Exiles are back in town….. on 22:17 - Mar 23 by 49thseason

Totally agree, Chapman looked a decent keeper, I would like Hayes to remain and he seems happy here, but I can image, he would get decent offers, and Henderson's experience would be invaluable. I have said it before, if you can keep most of the squad together and make one or two additions, we would be a serious contender next season for promotion.

I would also consider signing Armstrong as well, he is a decent player and it would be nice for United to allow Mather to spend next season on loan at the Dale.
The Exiles are back in town….. on 07:34 - Mar 24 with 2742 viewsfrenzied

Its gonna be proper shake of the bag in the summer.

There will be departures.

Will be good next season if we can keep Sinclair,,Devante and Mitchell all fit.

I think Hendo will be finished

Can Ebanks keep going or do we want him off the costs?

Nevett will be gone..poss East also.

Hayes will have bigger fish to fry.

Jimmy will be a key player along with Gilmour.

At least its much less depressing than this time last season was..Well done Jimmy Mac
The Exiles are back in town….. on 08:39 - Mar 24 with 2619 viewsEllDale

This team, like so many of their predecessors, don’t half put you through the wringer.
After about an hour I made the mental note that Chapman hadn’t had a shot to save.
That soon changed though as Maidenhead started to huff and puff and the keeper had to make a couple of excellent saves. He’s pretty cool with the ball at his feet too.
There were a couple of last ditch blocks as well and one really good intervention from Sassi.
I thought BJ managed his subs pretty well in the second half. The one for Hayes was forced on him but bringing on Armstrong and Taylor stiffened things up at the back.
I felt a bit sorry for Sassi in the first half as he seemed more or less to be expected to slot seamlessly into the footballing role that Nevett performs and he struggled a bit at times.
Was it my imagination but did the focus switch to EEL playing balls along to floor to Mitchell and Rodney? It was a different option which seemed to work.
We can only wonder how things might panned out if Mitchell and Rodney had been fit and available all season.
There were chances for a second goal of course. How did their keeper save that effort from SAJ for example?
As for next season’s squad….I don’t think anyone knows what sort of budget will be given to BJ.
He might want to keep the likes of John, EEL and Sinclair but it may all depend on if their agents can find them something more lucrative elsewhere.
I certainly can’t see Hayes being here. The lad will have bigger fish to fry and good luck to him. I dread to think where we might have been but for his return for a second loan spell.
The main is though that every player showed a resolve and plenty of fighting spirit. Given the circumstances of the last three months that’s extremely commendable.
[Post edited 24 Mar 8:41]
The Exiles are back in town….. on 10:20 - Mar 24 with 2378 viewsdingdangblue

The Exiles are back in town….. on 00:42 - Mar 24 by TVOS1907

He played the full game at Barnet.

Thanks - I was trying to forget that night.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The Exiles are back in town….. on 10:58 - Mar 24 with 2273 views49thseason

The Exiles are back in town….. on 10:20 - Mar 24 by dingdangblue

Thanks - I was trying to forget that night.

Barnet has been totally erased from my memory banks too.
The Exiles are back in town….. on 11:42 - Mar 24 with 2190 views442Dale

The Exiles are back in town….. on 10:58 - Mar 24 by 49thseason

Barnet has been totally erased from my memory banks too.

Aye, selective memory is a regular feature around here.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Exiles are back in town….. on 12:32 - Mar 24 with 2087 viewsdawlishdale

Yesterday game was a bit of a curates egg.

Good: Home win; third win on bounce, building a bit of momentum; keeper looked good.

Not so good: We could and probably should have won by more, but endured several nervy moments against a poor team; Hayes injury; Somewhat negative tactics after Hayes injury.

Overall; We are a mid table team who could have challenged for a play off spot. Strange decisions have cost us quite a few points.

Really hope we can get good quality new owners in and have a stable base from which to operate.

There are signs that the team can progress on the field.

Up the Dale
The Exiles are back in town….. on 14:54 - Mar 24 with 1789 viewsDale_4_Life

The Exiles are back in town….. on 07:34 - Mar 24 by frenzied

Its gonna be proper shake of the bag in the summer.

There will be departures.

Will be good next season if we can keep Sinclair,,Devante and Mitchell all fit.

I think Hendo will be finished

Can Ebanks keep going or do we want him off the costs?

Nevett will be gone..poss East also.

Hayes will have bigger fish to fry.

Jimmy will be a key player along with Gilmour.

At least its much less depressing than this time last season was..Well done Jimmy Mac

Rodney, John, EEL...

there are others.. all on bigger money than we can afford.

Got to trim all the excess.. All bigger earners will need to accept significantly less money to start the 2024/25 season. Lets get the takeover deal over the line and then we can move forward.

Dour opening 20 minutes v Maidenhead.. got the goal and 3 points so cannot complain with a 3rd consecutive win.. Oh for a 6 point Easter before heading over to Oldham!!!

1-0 - Clean sheet.. Defended really well under pressure second half, new keeper looked assured. I have not seen anywhere yet just hope Hayes got that Ankle in ice and he feels so much better this morning. Hayes has been a breath of fresh air just when we needed it.
The Exiles are back in town….. on 14:59 - Mar 24 with 1779 viewsDale_4_Life

The Exiles are back in town….. on 19:55 - Mar 23 by nordenblue

Gilmour for me is far too good for this level, his close control and keeping the ball in tight space is ridiculously good, very good understanding with him and East, its nice to feel some connection to this side and they do look like they genuinely care and graft for each other

Agree with this. A group that looks together and they care.. its a stark contrast to the last 3 or 4 seasons so credit to McNulty for creating a tight knit bonded set of lads who understand this level and what it takes.
The Exiles are back in town….. on 19:35 - Mar 24 with 1393 viewsDorkingDale

The Exiles are back in town….. on 20:06 - Mar 23 by 442Dale

Without wanting to be repetitive, we are far from perfect and the manager has made plenty of mistakes, but explain how we sack a manager after three successive wins just because we might not like how often we overplay at the back?

Do we have the money to pay off the manager's contract? I doubt it.....
The Exiles are back in town….. on 19:43 - Mar 24 with 1369 viewsEllDale

The head coach’s contract is something that hasn’t been mentioned much.
I’m presuming it only has three months to run?
We’re speculating about re-signing out of contract players but will BJ sign a new deal if offered one?
The Exiles are back in town….. on 23:13 - Mar 24 with 1017 viewsSandyman

The Exiles are back in town….. on 19:43 - Mar 24 by EllDale

The head coach’s contract is something that hasn’t been mentioned much.
I’m presuming it only has three months to run?
We’re speculating about re-signing out of contract players but will BJ sign a new deal if offered one?

1 year into a 2 year deal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65576165
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024