Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ogden Family 14:07 - Mar 25 with 24483 viewsHorton_Mouse

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/march/clubstatement_250324/
The Ogden Family on 15:26 - Mar 25 with 4322 viewsDale_4_Life

The Ogden Family on 15:09 - Mar 25 by kel

Wow wow wow 😉

Nicely done Kel..
The Ogden Family on 15:37 - Mar 25 with 4201 viewschrishill

With this sort of philanthropic investor, I've always fantasised about an incentivised investment. Something like, after steadying the finances, they would put x% of the amount raised from season ticket sales into the club each year for five years. It would fire up the fan base to build the club.

Need to calm down. Getting a little over-excited.

Daleleeds

The Ogden Family on 15:38 - Mar 25 with 4163 viewsRodingdale

Brilliant news, the local connection is just so important.
The Ogden Family on 15:48 - Mar 25 with 4026 viewsste1

Wonderful news. Thanks so much to all who helped bring this about

On a pale blue dot

The Ogden Family on 15:50 - Mar 25 with 4001 viewsEdindale

Great news!
Very well done to all those involved and responsible for the deal.
A lot of hard work to be done but with an air of optimism.
The Ogden Family on 15:51 - Mar 25 with 3981 viewsfermin

This must be the third option that would blow the others out of the water mentioned by Richard Knight during the Oxford game.

This looks like an investment into the club as a community asset and getting it to run on a sustainable basis rather than pumping money in to get up the leagues. This sits well with me and what I have read online about him from the various links suggests that the statement is not just hot air. Hopefully they put some people in to sort the organisation of the club out.

Trust statement - https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2024/03/trust-statement-the-ogden-family/
The Ogden Family on 15:56 - Mar 25 with 3917 views49thseason

The Ogden Family on 14:54 - Mar 25 by Cedar_Room

I thought the same. Sounds more like they are there to underpin any losses and ensure the club survives - but don't be expecting them throwing millions into the club to get us into the Championship. What that would mean (I imagine) is that we'll still need good business people in charge who make us sustainable. Perhaps at best they can provide some help with training facilities? But certainly there should never be any danger that they are going to sell the ground to claw back their losses. So pretty much as good an outcome as anyone could have hoped for.

Their statement says the first team and the academy will be in their medium term plans, if we can grow and improve the Academy and hang on to the graduates a season longer rather than selling them in a fire sale situation it could become self financing. If we were to be financially secure, decisions can be made based on what is right for the club as well as the player, which should result in higher transfer fees and more youngsters coming into the academy.
The Ogden Family on 15:57 - Mar 25 with 3917 views_Windydale

Brilliant news.
Investors with seemingly the community and town at heart. It's what it should be all about.
Login to get fewer ads

The Ogden Family on 15:59 - Mar 25 with 3893 viewsDown_the_Ale

Excellent news on the face of it. Should stabilise us at least initially, allowing for better decision making and some sort of reset. Hopefully changes at the top from within are high on the agenda as the club needs to be run right going forwards. Fingers crossed. It's brightening up (Carling advert style)!!!
The Ogden Family on 16:16 - Mar 25 with 3701 viewsYouTubeDale

Hopefully a fairytale ending to the protracted ownership hot potatoe saga.

...and the Dale fans lived happily ever after !!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

The Ogden Family on 16:20 - Mar 25 with 3640 viewsDorkingDale

The Ogden Family on 14:54 - Mar 25 by Cedar_Room

I thought the same. Sounds more like they are there to underpin any losses and ensure the club survives - but don't be expecting them throwing millions into the club to get us into the Championship. What that would mean (I imagine) is that we'll still need good business people in charge who make us sustainable. Perhaps at best they can provide some help with training facilities? But certainly there should never be any danger that they are going to sell the ground to claw back their losses. So pretty much as good an outcome as anyone could have hoped for.

They mention securing the Academy which is great news....
The Ogden Family on 16:23 - Mar 25 with 3610 viewsDorkingDale

The Ogden Family on 16:16 - Mar 25 by YouTubeDale

Hopefully a fairytale ending to the protracted ownership hot potatoe saga.

...and the Dale fans lived happily ever after !!!

Yes - it looks like some dreams really do come true! Buggar the Hollywood actors, we've bagged ourselves a local billionaire.....
The Ogden Family on 17:10 - Mar 25 with 3222 viewsfrenzied

i know nothing of these people

Hope it works out

When i saw the Ogden family my first thought was Stan and Hilda and their beloved "muriel"
The Ogden Family on 17:12 - Mar 25 with 3211 viewsDalenet

The Ogden Family on 14:40 - Mar 25 by EllDale

Didn't they loan Hornets a six-figure sum a few years ago and then wrote off the debt? Seems to ring a bell.

Wasn't that Paul Ormerod?
The Ogden Family on 17:18 - Mar 25 with 3141 viewsDalenet

Brilliant news - a philanthrapist who has already been using his foundation to support good causes in his home town. Wherever he lives now, he hasn't forgotten his roots. And he knows how critical this was so he has funded the club for the next month. No strings. Great news.

Would like to hear a lot more when the time is right. I liked the ideas that might have come from the other bids - including plans to grow the club and get us back into the League. I am assuming Peter Ogden will support the club financially and it will be up to the current Board and team to work out how we grow it. But what a relief and we can now work on rebuilding the club on and off the field.
The Ogden Family on 17:31 - Mar 25 with 3020 views442Dale

The Ogden Family on 17:18 - Mar 25 by Dalenet

Brilliant news - a philanthrapist who has already been using his foundation to support good causes in his home town. Wherever he lives now, he hasn't forgotten his roots. And he knows how critical this was so he has funded the club for the next month. No strings. Great news.

Would like to hear a lot more when the time is right. I liked the ideas that might have come from the other bids - including plans to grow the club and get us back into the League. I am assuming Peter Ogden will support the club financially and it will be up to the current Board and team to work out how we grow it. But what a relief and we can now work on rebuilding the club on and off the field.

Yeah, the details about the plans going forward will be interesting. It’s clear we need a better skillset off the field to take the club forward and this will hopefully enable the stability to allow those changes to happen.

The fantastic work of the Trust and others is hard to measure, thanks to all involved. Let’s hope for a positive outcome because it could potentially change the club forever.

And if it does, please god we don’t hear people saying we should be paying Cian Hayes and others whatever it costs!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Ogden Family on 17:44 - Mar 25 with 2924 viewssxdale

The Ogden Family on 17:18 - Mar 25 by Dalenet

I would rather someone who has clearly proved he has a high degree of business acumen employed his own people to take care of at least the commercial aspect of the club. The current board do not fill me with confidence if they were given money to spend as they wish.
This does appear to be great news, full credit to all those involved in the negotiations, and I include the board in that. Credit where it's due.
The Ogden Family on 17:55 - Mar 25 with 2811 viewsDale_4_Life

Deep Breaths..

It all sounds great so far.
The Ogden Family on 17:59 - Mar 25 with 2760 viewsNorthernDale

I must admit, the news is very positive and hopefully, when the complete the takeover, it will give us the stability we need.

May I ask, does that mean the American bid is dead or on hold.
The Ogden Family on 18:17 - Mar 25 with 2612 viewsRehsad

Wow, this has to be made to work - it is exactly what I was hoping for but never really thought it would happen. It's what both Rochdale and RAFC need.
The Ogden Family on 18:27 - Mar 25 with 2520 views49thseason

The Ogden Family on 17:59 - Mar 25 by NorthernDale

I must admit, the news is very positive and hopefully, when the complete the takeover, it will give us the stability we need.

May I ask, does that mean the American bid is dead or on hold.

Probably dead bearing in mind the Ogdens now are the preferred buyers. But it would be a foolish man who broke off all links to WSH, we need as many allies and friends around the globe as we can manage.
The Ogden Family on 18:41 - Mar 25 with 2384 viewsD_Alien

The Ogden Family on 18:27 - Mar 25 by 49thseason

Probably dead bearing in mind the Ogdens now are the preferred buyers. But it would be a foolish man who broke off all links to WSH, we need as many allies and friends around the globe as we can manage.

Agree with this. If details ever emerge as to why the Exclusivity period with WSH didn't result in a deal, it's hopefully due to technicalities rather than anything major. It could even be that (if things work out) SPO might welcome additional input from other parties with experience in the operational side of football clubs

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Ogden Family on 19:13 - Mar 25 with 2145 viewskel

The Ogden Family on 15:59 - Mar 25 by Down_the_Ale

Excellent news on the face of it. Should stabilise us at least initially, allowing for better decision making and some sort of reset. Hopefully changes at the top from within are high on the agenda as the club needs to be run right going forwards. Fingers crossed. It's brightening up (Carling advert style)!!!

Fully agree about changes at the top and as long as no former directors try to get involved then we’ll all be happy.
The Ogden Family on 19:33 - Mar 25 with 1963 viewsShun

I think we’re the only fanbase in the country who could be on the verge of being bought by a genuine billionaire and our first reactions aren’t ‘let’s buy our way up the leagues,’ but rather ‘let’s be sustainable.’ Heartening to see.
The Ogden Family on 19:37 - Mar 25 with 1916 viewsFrog

Had to smile at the part about insisting on 3 up and 3 down, like we'd ever have voted for that when we were in the league!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024