Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ogden Family 14:07 - Mar 25 with 24471 viewsHorton_Mouse

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/march/clubstatement_250324/
The Ogden Family on 08:29 - Mar 26 with 4616 viewsdingdangblue

The Ogden Family on 17:31 - Mar 25 by 442Dale

Yeah, the details about the plans going forward will be interesting. It’s clear we need a better skillset off the field to take the club forward and this will hopefully enable the stability to allow those changes to happen.

The fantastic work of the Trust and others is hard to measure, thanks to all involved. Let’s hope for a positive outcome because it could potentially change the club forever.

And if it does, please god we don’t hear people saying we should be paying Cian Hayes and others whatever it costs!

The problem we will have is when the outside world, agents, players, media know you are being backed by a multi millionaire the perception will be we have money to spend. Obviously yesterday's news was a massive boost for the club and it will need to be handled very carefully going forward with the right people pulling the (purse) strings.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The Ogden Family on 08:29 - Mar 26 with 4616 viewsBlackburnDale

Fantastic news !!! 😀
The Ogden Family on 08:44 - Mar 26 with 4530 viewsYouTubeDale

The Ogden Family on 20:04 - Mar 25 by downunder

A bit of a parallel with the guy in Oldham, and they quickly improved.
Business success, philanthropist, local, and scientific, all positives for me.
I wonder what influence W A E March, Owen Elbourne, and "Bull" Ramsey had on him?

I had the massive privilege of spreading some of Owen Elbourne's ashes at the tree for life up at Watergrove Res. What a great guy!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

The Ogden Family on 08:45 - Mar 26 with 4528 viewsJames1980

The Ogden Family on 08:29 - Mar 26 by dingdangblue

The problem we will have is when the outside world, agents, players, media know you are being backed by a multi millionaire the perception will be we have money to spend. Obviously yesterday's news was a massive boost for the club and it will need to be handled very carefully going forward with the right people pulling the (purse) strings.

On the plus side we won't have to accept an offer for a player to balance the books.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

The Ogden Family on 09:06 - Mar 26 with 4390 viewsFrog

I'm not getting giddy yet, quite happy to become a good NL side and a sustainable business model (like in the past) for a few seasons before even thinking of promotion. Enjoy the ride and look forward to a brighter future 😊
The Ogden Family on 09:10 - Mar 26 with 4369 viewsdingdangblue

The Ogden Family on 08:45 - Mar 26 by James1980

On the plus side we won't have to accept an offer for a player to balance the books.

Yes its a shame Mane has gone for nothing. Could be a godsend Nevett got injured in Jan now. It was quoted we had accepted 300k for him - hopefully now we can get a better fee, especially if Premier League teams are looking at him.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The Ogden Family on 10:09 - Mar 26 with 4131 viewsDuckegg

The statement says it all really.
The Lord and Lady Ogden have made it quite clear that their intentions are the first team and the academy setup in the medium terms..
Bringing the club and the community together and to get it running on a sustainable level.
To do this they will need to in put £££££s to get it working...

But they statement made it quite clear that they are not here to bank roll the club, supporters need to realise this.....
The Ogden Family on 11:18 - Mar 26 with 3849 viewssweetcorn

The Ogden Family on 10:09 - Mar 26 by Duckegg

The statement says it all really.
The Lord and Lady Ogden have made it quite clear that their intentions are the first team and the academy setup in the medium terms..
Bringing the club and the community together and to get it running on a sustainable level.
To do this they will need to in put £££££s to get it working...

But they statement made it quite clear that they are not here to bank roll the club, supporters need to realise this.....

Has anyone said anything otherwise?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

The Ogden Family on 11:53 - Mar 26 with 3666 viewsPeaky

The Ogden Family on 11:18 - Mar 26 by sweetcorn

Has anyone said anything otherwise?

This is absolutely the best news we have had in a long long time. Really hope this works out and hats off to everyone who contributed to this.
The Ogden Family on 17:59 - Mar 26 with 2844 viewsDale_4_Life

The Ogden Family on 08:29 - Mar 26 by dingdangblue

I hope the days of two year deals on big wages for very average players is well and truly behind Dale..

We offload all the league style wages contracts in June so I hope to god the club has learned a valuable lesson. The awarding of some contracts very nearly saw the end of the football club.

We should not make the same mistake twice!.

On the note of sustainability of course its down to everybody to spread the word and attend as many of the final 3 home games as possible. The club needs to get the ball rolling now with an attractive 2024/25 season ticket offer and the marketing department going into overdrive. (I know we don't curretly have one but we do need a really good one!!).

[Post edited 26 Mar 18:04]
The Ogden Family on 18:15 - Mar 26 with 2746 views442Dale

The Ogden Family on 17:59 - Mar 26 by Dale_4_Life

I hope the days of two year deals on big wages for very average players is well and truly behind Dale..

We offload all the league style wages contracts in June so I hope to god the club has learned a valuable lesson. The awarding of some contracts very nearly saw the end of the football club.

We should not make the same mistake twice!.

On the note of sustainability of course its down to everybody to spread the word and attend as many of the final 3 home games as possible. The club needs to get the ball rolling now with an attractive 2024/25 season ticket offer and the marketing department going into overdrive. (I know we don't curretly have one but we do need a really good one!!).

[Post edited 26 Mar 18:04]

Some more reasons why we have to get a structure in place that includes people who understand the football side of running a club properly. It’s simply not been good enough as illustrated by the way we’ve increased playing budgets, recruited in bulk for no reason and not been able to recognise the basic requirements to build a solid, cost effective squad.

Then we can come to raising other revenues and working better with supporters and the town. Despite the protestations of some, it’s obvious how far we fall short but hopefully we are approaching a time to address this properly and not make excuses.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Ogden Family on 18:21 - Mar 26 with 2691 viewsDaleiLama

Been away for a couple of days and came back to this - what a bloody relief. Might we finally be out of the woods? If so, Hallelujah. Seems like SG didn't just want to do a deal for his own benefit after all then?

This is surely the best opportunity ever to re-engineer RAFC from top to bottom to maximise all our opportunities on and off the field, hopefully emerging stronger and fitter.

My sincere thanks to everyone involved with getting this to the point of this statement and hopefully the rescue package we all dared not dream about.

Up the Dale with new hope.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The Ogden Family on 18:33 - Mar 26 with 2619 viewsD_Alien

The Ogden Family on 18:15 - Mar 26 by 442Dale

Some more reasons why we have to get a structure in place that includes people who understand the football side of running a club properly. It’s simply not been good enough as illustrated by the way we’ve increased playing budgets, recruited in bulk for no reason and not been able to recognise the basic requirements to build a solid, cost effective squad.

Then we can come to raising other revenues and working better with supporters and the town. Despite the protestations of some, it’s obvious how far we fall short but hopefully we are approaching a time to address this properly and not make excuses.

It's a concern, but building world-class businesses didn't happen without being able to recognise ability and that gives me hope that our operating structure will evolve towards one which provides confidence
[Post edited 26 Mar 18:34]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Ogden Family on 19:15 - Mar 26 with 2435 viewsMoonyDale

The Ogden Family on 20:56 - Mar 25 by 49thseason

Count me in ...... last of the 11 plus intake in 1964, and then taught there for 5 years 74-79

You probably taught me then I was there from 73 to 76.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

The Ogden Family on 19:17 - Mar 26 with 2416 viewsjonahwhereru

Hope the board have a truth and honesty approach to the due diligence. The must lay everything out there, no benefit at this juncture in being reticent. These things can be protracted at the best of times. Given the football is a medium term priority for the Ogdens the patience of some of the fans may be tested. The majority of us are at least used to wait along time for success where Dale are concerned.
I hope all goes well and the deal gets done with a bit of time before the new season starts.
The Ogden Family on 19:30 - Mar 26 with 2354 viewsdeeplishblue

The Ogden Family on 19:15 - Mar 26 by MoonyDale

In addition to the teachers already mentioned the ones that spring to my mind are.
Mr Dray (eng)
Ms Brett (eng)
Mr Kay (?)
Mr Buckley (chem)

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

The Ogden Family on 19:34 - Mar 26 with 2342 views49thseason

This club has been limping along for far too long. The sell a player, get a premiership cup tie mentality has ignored some basic truths, gates are stagnant, football has been often less than mediocre, customer service has been hit and miss and too many fans have simply given up and found better things to do.
The culture has become bunkered rather than outgoing and inclusive. Its hard to blame the current board as they have spent their entire period in charge lurching from crisis to crisis. Trusting people to do their jobs properly has proved to be a mistake and sacking them expensive.
As mentioned above its now time to re-build. But we need a clear plan for what the future has to look like, off the pitch more than on it in the first instance. A month by month plan to bring in new customers, make the occasion as enjoyable as possible, excite our younger fans, re engage with missing fans... clear, visible marketing and comms, aimed at a wider audience than just the regulars.
Whatever is built has to be resilient and built to last with multi-year timelines that are proofed against personel changes. I actually think this is a point in history for many football clubs and I fear many, including some with similar histories to ours will not survive, so, hopefully, the new influx of brains , business and financial know how and some cash, will enable a new Dale to emerge from the wreakage in a long-lasting and sustainable way playing decent football with lots of new faces watching and enjoying the experience. Just as it should be.
The Ogden Family on 19:40 - Mar 26 with 2305 views49thseason

The Ogden Family on 19:15 - Mar 26 by MoonyDale

Hmm you might be still on my " owes me a homework list" !!
The Ogden Family on 19:42 - Mar 26 with 2293 viewspioneer

The Ogden Family on 19:30 - Mar 26 by deeplishblue

In addition to the teachers already mentioned the ones that spring to my mind are.
Mr Dray (eng)
Ms Brett (eng)
Mr Kay (?)
Mr Buckley (chem)

Callan (geography) Davis (physics) and a short stumpy latin teacher with a lisp whose name escapes me.
The Ogden Family on 20:13 - Mar 26 with 2154 viewsmikehunt

Mrs Meek classics teacher.
And a young maths teacher who ended up marrying one of his pupils. How times have changed.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

The Ogden Family on 21:52 - Mar 26 with 1879 viewsEllDale

Was Graham Starkey teaching PE there around this time?
The Ogden Family on 22:23 - Mar 26 with 1750 viewspioneer

The Ogden Family on 21:52 - Mar 26 by EllDale

Was Graham Starkey teaching PE there around this time?

No he was up at Thornham School on Kirkholt. Balderstone was rugby union only in those days.
The Ogden Family on 23:25 - Mar 26 with 1612 viewsdownunder

The Ogden Family on 19:30 - Mar 26 by deeplishblue

Mr Dray (eng)
Ms Brett (eng)
Mr Kay (?)
Mr Buckley (chem)

The excellent Eddie Provis (Economics)
The excellent Colin Simkins (Geography)
Mrs Humphries (English Lit)
Mr Holt PE
Mr Mintoft PE
Ms Joshi (English)
Mr Bruere (Physics)

In answer to another post above, I made the effort to go to Owen Elbourne's funeral to pay my respects. He persuaded me into Rugby Union from League, and the contacts I made there led to life changing events for me.
The Ogden Family on 23:44 - Mar 26 with 1567 viewsdownunder

The Ogden Family on 19:42 - Mar 26 by pioneer

Callan (geography) Davis (physics) and a short stumpy latin teacher with a lisp whose name escapes me.

Matthews?
The Ogden Family on 05:00 - Mar 27 with 1376 viewspioneer

The Ogden Family on 23:44 - Mar 26 by downunder

Matthews?

Thats him…we called him piggy matthews.

Amo, amas, amat…….the garbage you remember for over 50 years yet I cant remember where I was last Monday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024