Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ogden Family 14:07 - Mar 25 with 24481 viewsHorton_Mouse

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/march/clubstatement_250324/
The Ogden Family on 05:05 - Mar 27 with 4144 viewspioneer

The Ogden Family on 23:25 - Mar 26 by downunder

The excellent Eddie Provis (Economics)
The excellent Colin Simkins (Geography)
Mrs Humphries (English Lit)
Mr Holt PE
Mr Mintoft PE
Ms Joshi (English)
Mr Bruere (Physics)

In answer to another post above, I made the effort to go to Owen Elbourne's funeral to pay my respects. He persuaded me into Rugby Union from League, and the contacts I made there led to life changing events for me.

A Mr Robinshaw as well…cant remember what he taught. Soft spoken older teacher.

I think Provis taught us religion…put me off for life. Simkins of course played for Hornets.
The Ogden Family on 09:20 - Mar 27 with 3736 views49thseason

The Ogden Family on 05:05 - Mar 27 by pioneer

I think Provis taught us religion…put me off for life. Simkins of course played for Hornets.

"Chalky" Robinshaw taught maths, outside the classroom he was a chain smoker , hence the stick of chalk constantly held like a ciggy where the nick name came from..
Other well remembered Staff from my schooldays.." Elsie" Tanner, the unfortunately named Mr Cox , Derek Slavin, Gilbert Spring, Geoff Holt, Sidney "pin" Richardson, Jack "Basher" Richardson, Roy Snape, Gordon Hedges, " Farmer" Randall, John Sanderson (music) , Eric Bamford, Don Altham, ... and then they let girls in!
The Ogden Family (n/t) on 10:15 - Mar 27 with 3590 viewsStatzdale

[Post edited 27 Mar 10:21]
The Ogden Family on 10:18 - Mar 27 with 3577 viewsStatzdale

The Ogden Family on 15:24 - Mar 25 by Dale_4_Life

Wow this is terrific.

A massive second chance for the club after several poor years of decision making.

The club recalibrated and people in charge who look to move all parts of the club forward off the pitch, the biggest of which is do the seemingly impossible and get more Rochdale folk attending games on a regular basis. We need to continue the good work with schools and families and ideally get some stewards who understand how to welcome the vast majority NOT tar all attendees with the attitude they are attending to cause trouble.

Get everything stable and moving forward off the pitch we can finally have a decent summer of playing recruitment and hopefully have a really good go at getting back into the football league.

Up the Dale.. I would like to buy Sir Peter Ogden a pint should I ever be fortunate enough to meet him.

They never should have got rid of us in the first place. I was a steward for 25 seasons between 1996-2020 and a supervisor on both Sandy and Main stand. They sacked a lot of fantastic stewards who were Dale fans and we put the customers first and I am led to believe things have deteriorated since we departed. Must contact Pete Hogan and see if he wants to return 😆😆😆😆
The Ogden Family on 10:30 - Mar 27 with 3531 viewsEllDale

The Ogden Family on 05:05 - Mar 27 by pioneer

Colin Simkins went onto be a leading head teacher in his own right.
Was awarded a gong in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List a few years ago for services to education.
The Ogden Family on 11:34 - Mar 27 with 3372 views49thseason

The Ogden Family on 10:30 - Mar 27 by EllDale

Colin Simkins went onto be a leading head teacher in his own right.
Was awarded a gong in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List a few years ago for services to education.

Colin got an OBE following his time as Head at Hodgson School in Poulton - Le- Fylde. He married Anne Butterworth , erstwhile Balderstone domestic science teacher and Milly Clamp protoge.
The Ogden Family on 13:05 - Mar 27 with 3118 viewsdiplodocus

The Ogden Family on 11:34 - Mar 27 by 49thseason

Colin got an OBE following his time as Head at Hodgson School in Poulton - Le- Fylde. He married Anne Butterworth , erstwhile Balderstone domestic science teacher and Milly Clamp protoge.

and these trips down memory lane have exactly what do with soccer.
The Ogden Family on 13:22 - Mar 27 with 3027 viewsMoonyDale

The Ogden Family on 23:25 - Mar 26 by downunder

The excellent Eddie Provis (Economics)
The excellent Colin Simkins (Geography)
Mrs Humphries (English Lit)
Mr Holt PE
Mr Mintoft PE
Ms Joshi (English)
Mr Bruere (Physics)

In answer to another post above, I made the effort to go to Owen Elbourne's funeral to pay my respects. He persuaded me into Rugby Union from League, and the contacts I made there led to life changing events for me.

Ahhh Ms Joshi, she was my form teacher....Lovely teacher she was...Remember the aptly named Mr Life the biology teacher who seemed about 9ft tall.....McCleland I remember kicked me out of school for a week because myself and Chris Alger were eating Lemons on the E corridor and he said we stunk the school out...I've always loved the smell of Lemons...Go figure...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

The Ogden Family on 14:03 - Mar 27 with 2889 views49thseason

The Ogden Family on 13:05 - Mar 27 by diplodocus

and these trips down memory lane have exactly what do with soccer.

Just passing the time whilst waiting. But, I was at RGSB when Peter Ogden was and its gratifying that a number of people here remember the school be it Grammar or Comprehensive with a degree of fondness and gratitude and its a testament to the quality of teaching that so many boys and girls have gone on to have successful careers around the world, there are 2 Knights of the Realm, PO and Joe Pilling who was also there when I was, he was a Civil Servant in charge of Prisons and a number of others with well earned " gongs" . Sadly we dont celebrate these successes enough in Rochdale. If the Ogden deal goes through, we should push for him to declared a Freeman of the Borough at the very least.....
The Ogden Family on 16:57 - Mar 27 with 2564 viewsdownunder

The Ogden Family on 05:00 - Mar 27 by pioneer

Thats him…we called him piggy matthews.

Amo, amas, amat…….the garbage you remember for over 50 years yet I cant remember where I was last Monday.

Correct. Gaudeamus Igitur...How come there has never been a football chant to that?
Apologies to Diplodocus for our self indulgence, but side tracking often happens on this forum.
The Ogden Family on 19:42 - Mar 27 with 2173 viewsdiplodocus

The Ogden Family on 16:57 - Mar 27 by downunder

Correct. Gaudeamus Igitur...How come there has never been a football chant to that?
Apologies to Diplodocus for our self indulgence, but side tracking often happens on this forum.

Ta, but i'm just being a miserable git 'cos my secondary school experience was so s**t.
The Ogden Family on 14:09 - Mar 28 with 1451 viewsBigKindo

The Ogden Family on 14:03 - Mar 27 by 49thseason

Just passing the time whilst waiting. But, I was at RGSB when Peter Ogden was and its gratifying that a number of people here remember the school be it Grammar or Comprehensive with a degree of fondness and gratitude and its a testament to the quality of teaching that so many boys and girls have gone on to have successful careers around the world, there are 2 Knights of the Realm, PO and Joe Pilling who was also there when I was, he was a Civil Servant in charge of Prisons and a number of others with well earned " gongs" . Sadly we dont celebrate these successes enough in Rochdale. If the Ogden deal goes through, we should push for him to declared a Freeman of the Borough at the very least.....

I was in the entry of 1954. Many of the master's names mentioned are familiar to me, March, Provis, Ramsey, Yates, Buckley, Hedges etc. and many obviously joined after I left in the early 1960's. For those who are interested there is book in Touchstones (not for loan) entitled 'Lucky Boys!' Some 10 years ago a fellow classmate resident in West Vancouver and I undertook re-connecting with the other 46 classmates we had in the A Stream and Reform. This we achieved - sadly 9 had passed. Those who wished made contributions to the book which gives an extensive history of the School and the then profiles of the authors.
The Ogden Family on 16:08 - Mar 28 with 1200 viewsfinberty

My father was in an earlier intake than that - probably when it was in the Town Centre, mid-Forties. His overriding memory was of the head, Dr. Payne. Even the mention of his name made him shudder. This was in the days of school uniforms with caps - apparently a daily ritual was for all the boys to be outside at the start of the day, cap held aloft. Only when every boy had fallen into line would Dr Payne allow entrance. And woe betide the boy who forgot his cap.

Funny how the most feared teachers made the biggest and most long-lasting impression. Although in the Doctor's case, I think the impression was actually physical, meted out by cane or slipper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024