Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ogden Family 14:07 - Mar 25 with 24436 viewsHorton_Mouse

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/march/clubstatement_250324/
The Ogden Family on 14:11 - Mar 25 with 7469 viewsSandyman

Fantastic news.
The Ogden Family on 14:18 - Mar 25 with 7291 viewsD_Alien

The Ogden Family on 14:11 - Mar 25 by Sandyman

Fantastic news.

Indeed. That offer to sustain the club for the next 30 days is hugely significant

No chickens being counted, but this (on initial viewing) looks better than anything we might've hoped for

Good luck to all with the due diligence

[Post edited 25 Mar 14:30]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Ogden Family on 14:20 - Mar 25 with 7255 viewsmatthewdale1983

The Ogden Family on 14:11 - Mar 25 by Sandyman

Fantastic news.

Remember his name mentioned not that long ago on here, quite surprised after 2 promising offers from the Americans this has come from nowhere with seemingly very few strings attached and is now preference. Assuming this is preference as money can be made available immediately to keep the club running for the next month.
The Ogden Family on 14:24 - Mar 25 with 7162 viewsDareToCalvin

Massive news by the looks of it. Someone local who understands the club and its importance to the town.

Fingers crossed all goes through and the due diligence is carried out properly and effectively.
The Ogden Family on 14:27 - Mar 25 with 7082 viewsEllDale

WOW. This is massive.
The Ogden Family on 14:28 - Mar 25 with 7063 viewsNewbury_Dale

Fantastic that the short term future of the club is potentially going to be secured.

My reading of the carefully worded statement is that, despite the wealth of the Ogden family, huge sums of money arent going to be thrown at the club to get back into the league. Thats my take on it at least.
The Ogden Family on 14:30 - Mar 25 with 6989 viewsD_Alien

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/peter-ogden-net-worth-evening-standard-tech-

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/115385/sir-peter
[Post edited 25 Mar 14:31]

The Ogden Family on 14:32 - Mar 25 with 6918 viewsjoecooke

Fantastic news.Huge Rochdale connections and hugely succesful in business.

Not counting my chickens but this is the best news i have heard regarding our ownership for a very very long time.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Login to get fewer ads

The Ogden Family on 14:33 - Mar 25 with 6906 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Initial thoughts are promising. A local guy who’s not looking to profit off the back of the club. Excellent news about the 30 day funding. More upbeat than I’ve been for a while after reading the statement.
Let’s see in 4-5 weeks.
The Ogden Family on 14:39 - Mar 25 with 6746 viewschrishill

Brilliant news!

Daleleeds

The Ogden Family on 14:39 - Mar 25 with 6736 viewsMarjorie_Plane

I shall be going to church on Sunday to say thank you.

Now I can retire.
The Ogden Family on 14:40 - Mar 25 with 6707 viewsEllDale

Didn't they loan Hornets a six-figure sum a few years ago and then wrote off the debt? Seems to ring a bell.
The Ogden Family on 14:44 - Mar 25 with 6617 viewsjudd

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/knighthood-for-hero-of-p

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Ogden Family on 14:50 - Mar 25 with 6491 viewsBrierls

This is the one we all wanted.
The Ogden Family on 14:50 - Mar 25 with 6493 viewsJames1980

A major positive is this they look like investors the whole fanbase can get behind.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

The Ogden Family on 14:50 - Mar 25 with 6484 viewsjimmysbaldhead

This is what I wanted but didn't think it would happen. A local person with money who knows and gets Rochdale.

All those years ago I attended my first ever game at Old Trafford, I had enjoyed that game but that was it. However my 2nd ever game of football was Rochdale, when I climbed those old steps past the Sandy Lane turnstile, I can still remember the feeling on seeing the pitch come in to view. This felt like home. This felt like my football team. I was hooked.

Lets face it none of us started supporting Dale because we craved trophies. We just want a club that feels like ours. I know nothing is set in stone yet but a local self made man running the club is perfect.

These past few years have been emotionally draining and not knowing if we are going to have a club to support is bloody hard. If the Ogden family can give us that security then I'm all for it. I have everything crossed this goes through.
The Ogden Family on 14:51 - Mar 25 with 6456 viewsD_Alien

The Ogden Family on 14:39 - Mar 25 by Marjorie_Plane

I shall be going to church on Sunday to say thank you.

Now I can retire.

On Easter Sunday, rising from the dead would seem to be very appropriate

Thanks for your work Marjorie

The Ogden Family on 14:54 - Mar 25 with 6409 viewsCedar_Room

The Ogden Family on 14:28 - Mar 25 by Newbury_Dale

Fantastic that the short term future of the club is potentially going to be secured.

My reading of the carefully worded statement is that, despite the wealth of the Ogden family, huge sums of money arent going to be thrown at the club to get back into the league. Thats my take on it at least.

I thought the same. Sounds more like they are there to underpin any losses and ensure the club survives - but don't be expecting them throwing millions into the club to get us into the Championship. What that would mean (I imagine) is that we'll still need good business people in charge who make us sustainable. Perhaps at best they can provide some help with training facilities? But certainly there should never be any danger that they are going to sell the ground to claw back their losses. So pretty much as good an outcome as anyone could have hoped for.
The Ogden Family on 14:59 - Mar 25 with 6315 viewswozzrafc

Every Dale fan should be breathing a sigh of relief and crossing their fingers that everything goes through.

The shares are being put into the name of the football community trust. This is not a golden share to protect the badge or colour of the kit. The Rochdale community will own the club lock, stock and barrel with a billionaire benefactor behind it should it need a few quid when times are hard.

This is not about investing hundreds of millions into the club. Its about securing it for the future so that we can continue to survive. To build our own future

This is about as good news as it gets for a dale fan. Well done to all involved.
The Ogden Family on 15:09 - Mar 25 with 6128 viewskel

Wow wow wow 😉
The Ogden Family on 15:21 - Mar 25 with 5966 viewsdawlishdale

On the face of it; this is brilliant news for all concerned. Let's hope all is as it seems, but the local connection, plus the statement issued by the Ogden Family are both very positive.
The Ogden Family on 15:21 - Mar 25 with 5958 views49thseason

Sustainability regardless of football success is the clue to our future. The board have been pushing for a training ground / community facility at a designated space just off the new M62 exit at Heywood. Financing that would bring in sufficient revenue to allow the team to flourish and will save the cost of Platt Lane. Relatively small investments can re-ignite plans for things like using the kitchens for take aways , maybe some ground infrastucture refurbishment to attract more room hire etc. And a revitalised commercial department.
This is a turning point for the club, a one in a million opportunity to be grabbed with both hands. Lets make this work!
The Ogden Family on 15:22 - Mar 25 with 5945 viewsDuckegg

Never expected this to happen....

Great news for the supporters,and the community....
The Ogden Family on 15:23 - Mar 25 with 5927 viewsClitheroeDale

Amazing news, at last some positive news. Up the Dale
The Ogden Family on 15:24 - Mar 25 with 5914 viewsDale_4_Life

The Ogden Family on 14:54 - Mar 25 by Cedar_Room

I thought the same. Sounds more like they are there to underpin any losses and ensure the club survives - but don't be expecting them throwing millions into the club to get us into the Championship. What that would mean (I imagine) is that we'll still need good business people in charge who make us sustainable. Perhaps at best they can provide some help with training facilities? But certainly there should never be any danger that they are going to sell the ground to claw back their losses. So pretty much as good an outcome as anyone could have hoped for.

Wow this is terrific.

A massive second chance for the club after several poor years of decision making.

The club recalibrated and people in charge who look to move all parts of the club forward off the pitch, the biggest of which is do the seemingly impossible and get more Rochdale folk attending games on a regular basis. We need to continue the good work with schools and families and ideally get some stewards who understand how to welcome the vast majority NOT tar all attendees with the attitude they are attending to cause trouble.

Get everything stable and moving forward off the pitch we can finally have a decent summer of playing recruitment and hopefully have a really good go at getting back into the football league.

Up the Dale.. I would like to buy Sir Peter Ogden a pint should I ever be fortunate enough to meet him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024