Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Community initiatives 11:45 - Mar 27 with 2889 viewsD_Alien

With the opening of this new facility on what was becoming a moribund area of the town centre, it'd be great to see the club extend its community-focused outreach to places such as this by creating mutually beneficial links

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/155580/a-new-gen

Having this venture advertise the club (and vice versa) and even provide membership discounts to games at the COA should imo be exactly the type of thing we should pursue under new ownership. It could act as Dale's focal point in the town centre

At the moment, the gym has links with Man U, and the two Liverpool clubs. There's an opportunity to change that by establishing a relationship with Dale
[Post edited 27 Mar 11:49]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Community initiatives on 12:34 - Mar 27 with 2741 viewsrochedale

You’d hope they could/would sort something out. I’d fear there’d be a lot of competition between the 2 due to the fact both will want to attract the most talented young footballers.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Community initiatives on 13:30 - Mar 27 with 2602 viewsD_Alien

Community initiatives on 12:34 - Mar 27 by rochedale

You’d hope they could/would sort something out. I’d fear there’d be a lot of competition between the 2 due to the fact both will want to attract the most talented young footballers.

The links we should be looking to create should be of a far wider scope than young footballers. It's the entire footfall in this type of venue, which itself says it wishes to engage with the community

Community initiatives on 13:49 - Mar 27 with 2534 views49thseason

Sounds exactly like what we need at the COA..must have cost a lot to put together too, but I would think its almost impossible to lose money on indoor 5 / 7 a side pitches given the weather locally.. i guess we could wait for it to go the same way as most town centre businesses seem to go.. bust... but it does have a car park so it should be OK.
BTW, I understand Man Utd are aggressively increasing their after/ in-school sports provision around most of Greater Manchester... something the community trust will need to be aware of. Clearly there must be a benefit to the parent club to have such a presence in schools.
Community initiatives on 14:05 - Mar 27 with 2500 viewsDale_4_Life

Interesting new venture all be it private (Good luck to the owner).

Excellent that they will have designated community days and absolutely its the type of thing Dale should be prepared to help with if it raises the profile of the town.

A promotion winning Dale side is obviously something we all want to see, but away from Spotland just how does the club broaden its ties with all the Rochdale community?.
Community initiatives on 21:45 - Mar 27 with 1961 views_Windydale

I welcome more community initiatives to bring the Rochdale people together, from all walks of life, talking about football and Dale's triumphs and woes.

This branching out to the community via schools, gyms, business etc. bringing in a real mix of people into the club. Different types from all backgrounds, posh farts, housewives, scally kids on weed, retired gammons, well behaved 6th formers, surfers. All sharing the same space. Bit of toleration needed to endure fruity language when doing sh1te, but all sharing the Joy when its a good win for 90 mins plus extra time with a totally random group, I think its good to leave your social comfort zone. Maybe get to learn more about other folk. Hopefully the new owners have some great ideas to attract more people to the the Dale role as a community hub.
Community initiatives on 08:14 - Mar 28 with 1671 viewsrkershaw

Community initiatives on 21:45 - Mar 27 by _Windydale

I welcome more community initiatives to bring the Rochdale people together, from all walks of life, talking about football and Dale's triumphs and woes.

This branching out to the community via schools, gyms, business etc. bringing in a real mix of people into the club. Different types from all backgrounds, posh farts, housewives, scally kids on weed, retired gammons, well behaved 6th formers, surfers. All sharing the same space. Bit of toleration needed to endure fruity language when doing sh1te, but all sharing the Joy when its a good win for 90 mins plus extra time with a totally random group, I think its good to leave your social comfort zone. Maybe get to learn more about other folk. Hopefully the new owners have some great ideas to attract more people to the the Dale role as a community hub.

Rochdale is, ofcourse, the birthplace of the co-operative movement. In my opinion this should be MASSIVE in terms of sponsorship opportunities and potential revenue; especially from from the CO-OP chain itself. I've also mentioned previously that Rochdales' twin towns could prove a valuable source of spreading the word / matchday experiences etc. We have a brand new regional attraction in the town centre called Rochdale Town Hall )15 minute walk / 5 mins bus ride to the COA). Get the 'Crown Oil Cruiser' picking up from there on the way from the Deeplish / Hamer areas?? Get the Crown Oil tankers advertising the next home game?? Reintroduce the Goldbond with agents being the face of the club in the community. Dale walking clubs focusing on community physical / mental health with participants resting their weary legs at 3pm on a match day. The Radcliffe Arms becoming a social hub for the local community. Rebuilding relationships with Rochdale Hornets (reduced admission for season ticket holders of both clubs)......and that's just a start!! :)
Community initiatives on 08:44 - Mar 28 with 1625 viewsDalliance

When I'm working with community groups I tend to get them to think about calendar events of significance as a way to increase their reach. So for the walking idea...

GM Walking Festival is in May. The theme of Mental Health Awareness Week is 'Movement for Mental Health' etc etc..

Aligning with national campaigns like #campaigntoendloneliness (on the pub/community hub idea) are other ways to create a bit more oomph in terms of reach.

Just find helps to structure thinking a wee bit and assist with planning.

Given Ogden Foundation's focus on education, doing something around British Science Week might be interesting in terms of bringing new audiences into the ground.

I'll shut up now or I'll bore you all to death 😁
Community initiatives on 09:02 - Mar 28 with 1566 views_Windydale

Community initiatives on 08:44 - Mar 28 by Dalliance

When I'm working with community groups I tend to get them to think about calendar events of significance as a way to increase their reach. So for the walking idea...

GM Walking Festival is in May. The theme of Mental Health Awareness Week is 'Movement for Mental Health' etc etc..

Aligning with national campaigns like #campaigntoendloneliness (on the pub/community hub idea) are other ways to create a bit more oomph in terms of reach.

Just find helps to structure thinking a wee bit and assist with planning.

Given Ogden Foundation's focus on education, doing something around British Science Week might be interesting in terms of bringing new audiences into the ground.

I'll shut up now or I'll bore you all to death 😁

Stuff id not thought about. Makes perfect sense and gives an insight how a strategy for getting the non footballing public at least talking about Dale. With a good product and winning runs on the pitch it's a great chance to tantalise those with that Dale connection via hub, to come on game day, buy a pie and watch some riveting playing it round the back stylee
Login to get fewer ads

Community initiatives on 09:15 - Mar 28 with 1537 views49thseason

Rkershaw, Dallience, these are excellent ideas, maybe the Trust should hold soome sort ov " visioning" event where we could get some sort of structure to all this , create some volunteer organisers and get started, (which is the hard part).
Bearing in mind rkershaws penchant for writing lyrics, maybe you can add a choir and a band to that list. There have been a few attempts to start community choirs that never seemed to grow so perhaps having a bigger tent to work under might be the secret of success.
There are also lots of other sports clubs that could be brought into the same " big tent" idea, doing a deal with our kit suppliers to get big discounts for local football clubs, help with IT, some sort of joint lottery participation, sponsoring cup competitions, providing facilities for presentation evenings, even recycling footballs down to junior clubs.
So much potential.....
Community initiatives on 09:23 - Mar 28 with 1522 viewsjudd

Community initiatives on 09:15 - Mar 28 by 49thseason

Rkershaw, Dallience, these are excellent ideas, maybe the Trust should hold soome sort ov " visioning" event where we could get some sort of structure to all this , create some volunteer organisers and get started, (which is the hard part).
Bearing in mind rkershaws penchant for writing lyrics, maybe you can add a choir and a band to that list. There have been a few attempts to start community choirs that never seemed to grow so perhaps having a bigger tent to work under might be the secret of success.
There are also lots of other sports clubs that could be brought into the same " big tent" idea, doing a deal with our kit suppliers to get big discounts for local football clubs, help with IT, some sort of joint lottery participation, sponsoring cup competitions, providing facilities for presentation evenings, even recycling footballs down to junior clubs.
So much potential.....

These ideas would be better managed by the Community Trust.

They are all great to read, and please don't stop the suggestions.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Community initiatives on 10:45 - Mar 28 with 1373 views49thseason

Community initiatives on 09:23 - Mar 28 by judd

Perhaps what we need first Judd, is a better understanding of what the Community Trust is set up to do and what the constraints on its abilities are.
I have no real idea how closely aligned the aims of the Club and the Trust are, or if there is any appetite on both sides to work together more closely.
I guess most people will know the Trust from their football activities in schools and during school holidays, and perhaps their activities with veterans and walking footballers. What else do they / can they do? Their Articles do not seem to restrict them to just football activities and the remit is very wide. The other question would be about what they are prepared to do.....
Community initiatives on 10:58 - Mar 28 with 1356 viewsjudd

Community initiatives on 10:45 - Mar 28 by 49thseason

Perhaps what we need first Judd, is a better understanding of what the Community Trust is set up to do and what the constraints on its abilities are.
I have no real idea how closely aligned the aims of the Club and the Trust are, or if there is any appetite on both sides to work together more closely.
I guess most people will know the Trust from their football activities in schools and during school holidays, and perhaps their activities with veterans and walking footballers. What else do they / can they do? Their Articles do not seem to restrict them to just football activities and the remit is very wide. The other question would be about what they are prepared to do.....

https://www.rochdaleafccommunity.org/who-we-are/

Poll: What is it to be then?

Community initiatives on 12:43 - Mar 28 with 1135 viewsD_Alien

Community initiatives on 09:23 - Mar 28 by judd

Yes, great to see something being sparked here

Not that ideas haven't been put forward in the past, but if the club can get the deal with SPO over the line, a unique opportunity presents itself for Dale to transform its outlook and hopefully utilise some of the experience that enabled great businesses to be developed. With the shares being lodged with the Community Trust, i can't see that SPO wouldn't want to have some oversight of activities, in a benign way and perhaps at a distance. All that remains to be seen

However, once settled, we'll never have a better chance of doing all those things that've been talked about endlessly, knowing that any initial start up costs might be absorbed within the wider framework and vision of where we need to go as a true community-focused football Club/Trust
[Post edited 28 Mar 12:44]

Community initiatives on 21:18 - Mar 28 with 787 viewsDalliance

Hi 49th Season,

He might not be the only lyricist but not sure my stuff would be that suitable for a community choir. Far too much potty mouthing 😁 Just on my way to torture people at the Vicolo Del Vino open mic.

Judd - yeps. Could do with chat with them anyway as I don't think I'm a million miles off re-assembling an old funded programme called Supporter to Reporter (just not in Rochdale - yet! 😁)

It's only taken me eight years 😁
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024