Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Academy Categorisation changed 11:38 - May 15 with 1708 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/may/academy-update-further/

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Academy Categorisation changed on 12:31 - May 15 with 1601 viewsD_Alien

As the article lays out, something of an inevitability

What it also tells us, just in case there was anyone out there thinking the new owners might just become liable to opening any spending taps (despite the well-publicised policy of not doing) that this is how it has to be from now on

There's also been mention on here of "an increased playing budget" for JM. Have we generated more money all of a sudden? Perhaps the ST pricing will allow a very modest increase, but i doubt that it'll be any different from last season due to inflationary pressures

A reality check then, not an open cheque

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Academy Categorisation changed on 13:01 - May 15 with 1485 viewsEllDale

I was always more or less reconciled to this happening, both by observing what has happened at other clubs, and by listening to George Delves remarks at the last Fans Forum.
Was pretty much inevitable. Sad news but the likes of Huddersfield operate in a similar way and concentrate on signing 16 year olds from other Academies so all is not completely lost.
Academy Categorisation changed on 13:09 - May 15 with 1475 viewsdiplodocus

Academy Categorisation changed on 13:01 - May 15 by EllDale

I was always more or less reconciled to this happening, both by observing what has happened at other clubs, and by listening to George Delves remarks at the last Fans Forum.
Was pretty much inevitable. Sad news but the likes of Huddersfield operate in a similar way and concentrate on signing 16 year olds from other Academies so all is not completely lost.

one thing i find surprising is he lack of 'interest' on here on news from 2 dys ago. if the figures are correct, then to run an academy is a huge leak on the clubs finances, with no guaranteed 'big sale' at the end of it. perhaps we could run an academy for mANu or citeh, which would still gie local youngsteres to enter the football family.
whatever the future state of finances, it looks like we will be shopping at lidl (nothing wrong with that, i do it all the time) instead of Tesco; their mobile reception is carp.
UpTheDale.
Academy Categorisation changed on 13:30 - May 15 with 1405 viewsDaleFan7

Academy Categorisation changed on 12:31 - May 15 by D_Alien

As the article lays out, something of an inevitability

What it also tells us, just in case there was anyone out there thinking the new owners might just become liable to opening any spending taps (despite the well-publicised policy of not doing) that this is how it has to be from now on

There's also been mention on here of "an increased playing budget" for JM. Have we generated more money all of a sudden? Perhaps the ST pricing will allow a very modest increase, but i doubt that it'll be any different from last season due to inflationary pressures

A reality check then, not an open cheque

I think the increased budget stems from them saying we'd have a play off budget and separately that they're aiming to get us in the FL within 3 years. Is that realistic on last year's budget? I'm not sure where in the pyramid we sat in terms of wages etc.

the academy was inevitable like you say, even if we could afford it, is it something worth running at such a cost if teams can come and nab our players with no protection once the EFL status of it has expired anyway.
Academy Categorisation changed on 13:30 - May 15 with 1406 viewsJames1980

Academy Categorisation changed on 13:09 - May 15 by diplodocus

one thing i find surprising is he lack of 'interest' on here on news from 2 dys ago. if the figures are correct, then to run an academy is a huge leak on the clubs finances, with no guaranteed 'big sale' at the end of it. perhaps we could run an academy for mANu or citeh, which would still gie local youngsteres to enter the football family.
whatever the future state of finances, it looks like we will be shopping at lidl (nothing wrong with that, i do it all the time) instead of Tesco; their mobile reception is carp.
UpTheDale.

Products from Lidl and Aldi often come high up in tests

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Academy Categorisation changed on 13:36 - May 15 with 1373 viewsYorkshire_Dale

UpTheDale.

I seem to remember a post some months ago that both Manchester Clubs are already deep trawling local schools ( including Rochdale) for any half decent youngsters and have put resources in place to that effect.
Academy Categorisation changed on 14:04 - May 15 with 1291 viewsEllDale

United have been doing this for years.
A bloke I know drives junior school lads from West Yorkshire across to Carrington in a minibus three nights a week.
Academy Categorisation changed on 16:45 - May 15 with 1045 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Academy Categorisation changed on 14:04 - May 15 by EllDale

United have been doing this for years.
A bloke I know drives junior school lads from West Yorkshire across to Carrington in a minibus three nights a week.

Exactly, what chance have Dale got against such resources, their tentacles run wide..

Do you live in Elland, Mr Ell?......you have been to a few matches at the Shay that I attended before Covid when t'Dale were away..

It's interesting your comment about Hudds picking up the kids released by other Academies as an alternative. How many of the bus load of kids tripping over to Carrington from Yorkshire really make the grade, very very few I would wager.
Login to get fewer ads

Academy Categorisation changed on 16:56 - May 15 with 1022 viewsEllDale

I go to the Shay occasionally, normally on a Tuesday night if Dale either have no game or are playing a long way from home. Just a short bus ride from Elland and it costs me nowt with my pass.
Talking of fees received for home reared players, there is a school of thought which says that we didn’t do badly from the sale of Luke Matheson but undersold the likes of Aaron Morley, Andy Cannon and Jamie Allen?
Academy Categorisation changed on 18:00 - May 15 with 914 viewskel

UpTheDale.

You could, of course, have started your own thread about it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024