Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Davis on Liverpool 13:42 - Apr 11 with 4590 viewssandylaner1

thoughts guise ?
Alan Davis on Liverpool on 13:50 - Apr 11 with 4574 viewsJumeirahDale

Don't have a go at Liverpool, it's not their fault etc etc.
Alan Davis on Liverpool on 13:56 - Apr 11 with 4554 viewsheywooddale

I think he makes a fair and valid point, he isn't disrespectful about the disaster.

Plus and this is just my opinion, but surely playing a game on that day in footballing terms is the best way to respect it. A stadium full of people people coming to watch the team and sport they love in the same way as the fans that went on that awful day.

Football has a way of uniting people in horrible circumstances, so surely it is fitting to unites people in remembrance and tribute to people from the wider football family that died.

Having said all that i also respect Liverpool's choice not to play on the anniversary of a horrible day in their history, just think it makes more sense to play.
Alan Davis on Liverpool on 14:06 - Apr 11 with 4537 viewsD_Alien

If a game is scheduled for a particular date, and a club decides they can't play on that date for whatever reason, they have the option (or should have the option) of forfeiting the game, especially a cup tie which doesn't affect the league position for other teams.

Liverpool FC obviously have strong feelings about the date, so are they prepared to put those feelings "ahead of football" ?

I very much doubt it. But that would be a true test of whether they're sincere or just like playing the sympathy card.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Alan Davis on Liverpool on 15:27 - Apr 11 with 4464 viewsDale_Pea

I totally agree with him.

And I support Liverpool!

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Alan Davis on Liverpool on 17:59 - Apr 11 with 4380 viewsTomRAFC

liverpool have the right to forfit or players who are too emotional can opt out but postponing the game would be absurd

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Alan Davis on Liverpool on 18:29 - Apr 11 with 4364 viewsDale_Iain

The amount of abuse he's received from Scousers about this is ridiculous, but not surprising. People on Twitter saying he's going to be killed next time he's in Liverpool - how they can say that in anger at comments about Hillsborough is beyond me.

He has a perfectly valid and correct point, so they obviously haven't listened to it properly, or if they have, decided to ignore at and get angry anyway for the sake of it.

I used to have a soft spot for Liverpool, they were my 'Premiership team', but I can't stand them now. They constantly come out with obnoxious bullshit, they're aggressive and rude, and have this really irritating, arrogant, 'We're always innocent and everyone picks on us' attitude, which is the exact opposite of the truth.

Apart from that though, they're ok.
Alan Davis on Liverpool on 23:59 - Apr 11 with 4304 viewsroccydaleian

Alan Davis on Liverpool on 15:27 - Apr 11 by Dale_Pea

I totally agree with him.

And I support Liverpool!

Thought you were a Dale fan, you grubby little oik.
Alan Davis on Liverpool on 00:48 - Apr 12 with 4272 viewsDale_316

i think hes bang out or odrermaking comments like that live on air

Oh when the dale go marching in

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Davis on Liverpool on 01:28 - Apr 12 with 4259 viewsDoolan_Is_God

It's an emotive topic for people and I personally wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole. I grew up in Sheffield (about as far from Hillsborough as you can get but still) and it was horrible for the fans, the clubs and cities involved and for Sheffield as well.

Looking from a logical perspective, I think he's right. However being right isn't always an excuse for opening your gob about a subject that has nothing to do with you.

Lesson for some of the posters on here perhaps? :D
Alan Davis on Liverpool on 10:55 - Apr 12 with 4206 viewspnc4eva1

Although an emotive topic Alan Davies made a valid point. Do Manchester United play on the anniverasary of the Munich disaster, do Rangers play on the day of the Ibrox disaster, do Liverpool play on the day of the Heysel disaster? The list could go on.

The fitting way to remember the fans who died that day would be a minutes silence on every game played on the anniversary. Both Liverpool and Everton fans would have made the anniversary something special and a true memorial to those who died.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Alan Davis on Liverpool on 12:41 - Apr 12 with 4169 viewsfirgrovedale51

Alan Davis on Liverpool on 10:55 - Apr 12 by pnc4eva1

Although an emotive topic Alan Davies made a valid point. Do Manchester United play on the anniverasary of the Munich disaster, do Rangers play on the day of the Ibrox disaster, do Liverpool play on the day of the Heysel disaster? The list could go on.

The fitting way to remember the fans who died that day would be a minutes silence on every game played on the anniversary. Both Liverpool and Everton fans would have made the anniversary something special and a true memorial to those who died.

In your opinion , it all about opinion it is neither right or wrong
Alan Davis on Liverpool on 20:16 - Apr 12 with 4106 viewspnc4eva1

Alan Davis on Liverpool on 12:41 - Apr 12 by firgrovedale51

In your opinion , it all about opinion it is neither right or wrong

The Munich disaster, Heysel etc are not opinion they're fact. Each of the teams involved in the disaster mentioned remembers the players and fans involved. Again not opinion but fact.

I feel very sorry for anyone who has lost a member of their family or a friend in any disaster. The fact is that most people remember their lost ones and get on with each day as it occurs. Again not based on opinion but fact.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024