Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jones not playing 14:06 - Apr 14 with 10446 viewsDale1990

Partington on twitter has said that jones has been stripped of his captaincy and told to stay away today after an argument this week.
Jones not playing on 14:08 - Apr 14 with 4532 viewsSalwaDale

Not quite true, he says that they are the rumours.

TBBT

Jones not playing on 14:10 - Apr 14 with 4485 viewsJumeirahDale

Big shame if true. Regardless of the season he's had (which has been no poorer than anyone else), Jonah is a club legend. Such a waste for him to go out like this.
Jones not playing on 14:15 - Apr 14 with 4450 views442Dale

If true it's a shame. I've been one who has called for him to be left out but this is a sad way for it to go.

He's been let down by numerous managers who have refused to rest him. Now, instead of playing the role of an impact player who could really contribute we've a situation that nobody wanted.

Horrible.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jones not playing on 14:20 - Apr 14 with 4422 viewsD_Alien

It all depends (if true, etc.) on what the basis for the disagreement between Jonah and JC was.

If it was something personal then you can put it down to a clash of personalities, something which happens in every dressing room, and can even be healthy sometimes!

But if Jonah was trying to tell JC how to do his job, then Jonah is completely out of order. He had a chance to manoeuvre himself into a player/junior coach type of role this season where he could have eventually had an influence within the club beyond club captain. He chose not to, and therefore should take whats coming and accept there can only be one voice that matters in the dressing room.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jones not playing on 14:23 - Apr 14 with 4402 viewsR442D

THIS is what has actually said.

Richard Partington‏@richpartington
Just arrived at Spotland where there are unconfirmed reports Gary Jones has been stripped of the captaincy after bust up with the management

Richard Partington‏@richpartington
Reports suggesting skipper had a bust up with John Coleman and Jimmy Bell this week and has been told to stay away today.

Richard Partington‏@richpartingtonReply
If true, casts Gary's future at Dale in doubt - would be real shame if career at club ends on a sour note after years of great service

To me, this just rumours at the moment and in honesty its almost looking like sh*t stiring (that last one most of all). However if true, I'm very unhappy about this.
Roll on next season.
Jones not playing on 14:28 - Apr 14 with 4366 viewselectricblue

Jones not playing on 14:15 - Apr 14 by 442Dale

If true it's a shame. I've been one who has called for him to be left out but this is a sad way for it to go.

He's been let down by numerous managers who have refused to rest him. Now, instead of playing the role of an impact player who could really contribute we've a situation that nobody wanted.

Horrible.

Got to agree Jonah should have had a rest hee and there and helped with the youngsters by setting an captains example..

I just hope that these rumours are not true..

But this is my opinion jonah should never have been offered a 2yr contract in the summer..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Jones not playing on 14:32 - Apr 14 with 4323 viewsDaleFan7

About time.
Jones not playing on 15:30 - Apr 14 with 4142 viewsBlueDutch

Whatever was said, Jones is Rochdale through and through and as captain had the right to express his and his team mates views. Its pretty obvious from the results that Coleman is on a par with Eyre and Beech and doesn't have the blue blood of Jones running through his veins. Whether he was right or wrong with regard to the outburst, he obviously felt he couldn't stand by and see his club go down without a fight. It is a sad day and will see the end of an era of more ups (under the captaincy of Jones) than downs and the dawn of another generation of mediocrity in the lower reaches of League 2. I hope Dunphy has the balls to admit he has made another mistake.

upthedale.nl

Login to get fewer ads

Jones not playing on 15:36 - Apr 14 with 4085 viewsDaleFan7

Jones not playing on 15:30 - Apr 14 by BlueDutch

Whatever was said, Jones is Rochdale through and through and as captain had the right to express his and his team mates views. Its pretty obvious from the results that Coleman is on a par with Eyre and Beech and doesn't have the blue blood of Jones running through his veins. Whether he was right or wrong with regard to the outburst, he obviously felt he couldn't stand by and see his club go down without a fight. It is a sad day and will see the end of an era of more ups (under the captaincy of Jones) than downs and the dawn of another generation of mediocrity in the lower reaches of League 2. I hope Dunphy has the balls to admit he has made another mistake.

Jones' performances on the pitch this season have been on a par with Eyre's management. No room for sentiment in a relegation battle. Unfortunately there was too much this season.
Jones not playing on 15:40 - Apr 14 with 4071 viewsDorsetDale

I assume you have inside info on what's been going on, what's been said by who etc...

Care to share?

Or maybe you're in fiction land,, AGAIN!!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Jones not playing on 15:56 - Apr 14 with 3968 views442Dale

The same Steve Eyre you said fans were wrong to want rid of?

Brilliant.

Jones not playing on 16:05 - Apr 14 with 3913 viewsfunkkk

How is he Rochdale through and through?! Heard many negative things about GJ down the years about his influence on the club. Can't say I'll be sad to start life in League 2 without him.
Jones not playing on 16:19 - Apr 14 with 3856 viewsBlueDutch

Jones not playing on 15:56 - Apr 14 by 442Dale

The same Steve Eyre you said fans were wrong to want rid of?

Brilliant.

I haven't changed my mind, maybe you have. I still don't think it is right to sack a manager after 6 months, but if thats the way things are, by the same reasoning Coleman should be sacked also. The fact is the club is being run down, not run properly. If you spent more time looking at whats going on at the club instead of putting posts down you might see the obvious. I know only what I have read and unless you know something that nobody else knows .... Why aren't you at the relegation party anyhow?

upthedale.nl

Jones not playing on 16:32 - Apr 14 with 3809 viewsBlueDutch

Jones not playing on 16:05 - Apr 14 by funkkk

How is he Rochdale through and through?! Heard many negative things about GJ down the years about his influence on the club. Can't say I'll be sad to start life in League 2 without him.

Care to elaborate?

upthedale.nl

Jones not playing on 16:36 - Apr 14 with 3801 viewsMasher

Wont make any difference to us whether Jones plays or not as the rest of the team cant be ar5ed/not good enough so can understand Jones' frustrations to a certain extent. There are plenty of other players that need to be told to stay away as well.

Up The Dale!!

Jones not playing on 16:42 - Apr 14 with 3776 viewsnordenblue

Colemans on a par with Eyre and beech? On what do you base that the fact that he's inherited a load of jumped up players cleverly supplied by your man Eyre or the fact he's one of the most successful lower league managers of recent years? Just because Jones is captain it doesn't mean he also has a free reign to shoot his mouth off whenever he feels like it, without knowing the FACTS ill reserve the right to side in an argument, the only other thing to note is the man Coleman is the manager and what he says goes, no player is above him im afraid and rightly so in my eyes!! Enlighten us all what Dunphy has done wrong this time to own up to?
Jones not playing on 16:57 - Apr 14 with 3710 viewsBlueDutch

Jones not playing on 16:42 - Apr 14 by nordenblue

Colemans on a par with Eyre and beech? On what do you base that the fact that he's inherited a load of jumped up players cleverly supplied by your man Eyre or the fact he's one of the most successful lower league managers of recent years? Just because Jones is captain it doesn't mean he also has a free reign to shoot his mouth off whenever he feels like it, without knowing the FACTS ill reserve the right to side in an argument, the only other thing to note is the man Coleman is the manager and what he says goes, no player is above him im afraid and rightly so in my eyes!! Enlighten us all what Dunphy has done wrong this time to own up to?

I said, "express his and his team mates views", not shoot his mouth off whenever he likes. According to what you have said, this indicates Coleman is totally wrong in taking responsibility for the failure of the team, even though he says otherwise. I agree Coleman is manager and what he says goes, but if he does not allow players or their appointed voice to speak and express a point of view, then he will have problems. I don't want to insult your intelligence by stating the bleedin' obvious about Dunphy.

upthedale.nl

Jones not playing on 17:03 - Apr 14 with 3678 viewsSuddenLad

For what it's worth, the story is true. The fall out was between Bell & Jones.

Tutte was captain today, and got off to a winning start. Enough said.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jones not playing on 17:07 - Apr 14 with 3635 views442Dale

Jones not playing on 16:19 - Apr 14 by BlueDutch

I haven't changed my mind, maybe you have. I still don't think it is right to sack a manager after 6 months, but if thats the way things are, by the same reasoning Coleman should be sacked also. The fact is the club is being run down, not run properly. If you spent more time looking at whats going on at the club instead of putting posts down you might see the obvious. I know only what I have read and unless you know something that nobody else knows .... Why aren't you at the relegation party anyhow?

Try reading more of my posts, my concerns about off the field activity are there for all to see. If we shouldn't sack managers after 6 months, should Buckley have been given more time too?

And I was there thanks. We're not relegated yet.

Jones not playing on 17:07 - Apr 14 with 3632 viewsChaffRAFC

If this is the case, as was going round the ground today, that Jones is finished, then it's an awful way for a club legend to go out. He deserves much much more than that for his years of service.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Jones not playing on 17:11 - Apr 14 with 3595 viewsnordenblue

Jones not playing on 16:57 - Apr 14 by BlueDutch

I said, "express his and his team mates views", not shoot his mouth off whenever he likes. According to what you have said, this indicates Coleman is totally wrong in taking responsibility for the failure of the team, even though he says otherwise. I agree Coleman is manager and what he says goes, but if he does not allow players or their appointed voice to speak and express a point of view, then he will have problems. I don't want to insult your intelligence by stating the bleedin' obvious about Dunphy.

So you know for a fact all Jones said was simply airing his views, i take it you know it wasn't a personal attack on Coleman, as i said ill reserve judgement until i hear the FACTS unlike others whos only opinion is based on the view from rose coloured specs, if Coleman sees the "airing of views" sufficient enough to send him home and strip him of the captaincy id guess your assumption is way off the mark? With reference to your comments about Coleman accepting responsibility its called good management and detracting the pressure from certain players, a blind man on a galloping horse could see we were relegation certs weeks before he was even appointed, the foundations where set in place after the wizard that is Steve Eyre began his masterclass in management
Jones not playing on 17:14 - Apr 14 with 3559 views442Dale

Coleman on Jones' absence when asked on GMR: wanted to try a different formation, not a slight on Gary Jones, he's been a fantastic player for the club and can be for the next couple of years.

Jones not playing on 17:22 - Apr 14 with 3497 viewsDaleFan7

Jones not playing on 17:14 - Apr 14 by 442Dale

Coleman on Jones' absence when asked on GMR: wanted to try a different formation, not a slight on Gary Jones, he's been a fantastic player for the club and can be for the next couple of years.

Is that judged on his great form this season!?
Jones not playing on 17:22 - Apr 14 with 3500 viewsD_Alien

Jones not playing on 14:20 - Apr 14 by D_Alien

It all depends (if true, etc.) on what the basis for the disagreement between Jonah and JC was.

If it was something personal then you can put it down to a clash of personalities, something which happens in every dressing room, and can even be healthy sometimes!

But if Jonah was trying to tell JC how to do his job, then Jonah is completely out of order. He had a chance to manoeuvre himself into a player/junior coach type of role this season where he could have eventually had an influence within the club beyond club captain. He chose not to, and therefore should take whats coming and accept there can only be one voice that matters in the dressing room.

Right.

I now know what lies behind the rumours.

I would expect all parties concerned to shake hands on Monday and get on with the job of rebuilding our football club.

I'm saying no more.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jones not playing on 17:24 - Apr 14 with 3468 views442Dale

Jones not playing on 17:22 - Apr 14 by D_Alien

Right.

I now know what lies behind the rumours.

I would expect all parties concerned to shake hands on Monday and get on with the job of rebuilding our football club.

I'm saying no more.

And judging by Coleman's comments, he looks prepared to.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024