Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opening game of season 15:31 - Aug 19 with 4780 viewsdalian

Just a quick question.... who can remind me when was the last occasion that Dale won the season curtain raiser? Am I right in thinking it was the 2-0 win at Cheltenham under Parkin?
Opening game of season on 15:59 - Aug 20 with 1311 viewsfitzochris

Opening game of season on 15:52 - Aug 20 by PotterDale

"It was perhaps P*****'s second spell that spoiled his esteem with us"
No its the fact that he turned out to be a money grabbing Judas c*** that spoiled his esteem. How certain sections of the crowd, who incidently were booing Keith Hill recently, welcomed back the aforementioned person with open arms has always puzzled me.

In my opinion, and it's only that, you can't compare Hilly's departure with Parkin's. I never blamed Parkin for leaving, quite simply because he was bettering his career by managing at a higher level. Sure, the timing was crap, but he never spun us any lines. He was offered the job and he went.

Hilly, on the other hand, made the mistake of publically saying that Barnsley weren't the right club for him and that he still had a job to do at Dale etc etc, before then leaving for said club. For me, that was worse. If he had just left, it would have been fine.

To call Parkin a Judas for leaving us to manage at a higher level is crazy. And money-grabbing! Aren't we all? If someone offered me more money to do the same job at a different company, I'd take it. I don't know anybody who wouldn't.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Opening game of season on 15:59 - Aug 20 with 1309 viewsSalwaDale

No its the fact that he turned out to be a money grabbing Judas c*** that spoiled his esteem. How certain sections of the crowd, who incidently were booing Keith Hill recently, welcomed back the aforementioned person with open arms has always puzzled me.

Yeah, money grabber. How dare he take a job that paid so much more than the job he had at the time.

TBBT

Opening game of season on 16:03 - Aug 20 with 1303 viewsTVOS1907

Do you know WarrBlue?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Opening game of season on 16:04 - Aug 20 with 1301 viewsPotterDale

Opening game of season on 15:59 - Aug 20 by SalwaDale

Yeah, money grabber. How dare he take a job that paid so much more than the job he had at the time.

Yes
Opening game of season on 16:08 - Aug 20 with 1292 viewsmacro

Opening game of season on 15:59 - Aug 20 by fitzochris

In my opinion, and it's only that, you can't compare Hilly's departure with Parkin's. I never blamed Parkin for leaving, quite simply because he was bettering his career by managing at a higher level. Sure, the timing was crap, but he never spun us any lines. He was offered the job and he went.

Hilly, on the other hand, made the mistake of publically saying that Barnsley weren't the right club for him and that he still had a job to do at Dale etc etc, before then leaving for said club. For me, that was worse. If he had just left, it would have been fine.

To call Parkin a Judas for leaving us to manage at a higher level is crazy. And money-grabbing! Aren't we all? If someone offered me more money to do the same job at a different company, I'd take it. I don't know anybody who wouldn't.

Football and loyalty don't mix look at Dempsey at fulham. Very few genuine players or managers who arent filling their own pockets, can't blame them but some do know how to make themselves look good through it. Exceptions to the rule maybe Paul scholes
Opening game of season on 16:10 - Aug 20 with 1283 views442Dale

Over a decade since Parkin left and people are still annoyed?

Remarkable.

Do we still hate Dolan too?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Opening game of season on 16:12 - Aug 20 with 1278 viewsPotterDale

Opening game of season on 16:03 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

Do you know WarrBlue?

I don't think so
Opening game of season on 16:16 - Aug 20 with 1270 viewsSalwaDale

It's like none of us have ever changed jobs for whatever reason. I find it staggering that anybody objects to someone who moves to a bigger club, or a club further up the footballing food chain. Thinking about it, did Ricky Lambert move to a club below us?

TBBT

Login to get fewer ads

Opening game of season on 16:27 - Aug 20 with 1258 viewsfitzochris

Opening game of season on 16:16 - Aug 20 by SalwaDale

It's like none of us have ever changed jobs for whatever reason. I find it staggering that anybody objects to someone who moves to a bigger club, or a club further up the footballing food chain. Thinking about it, did Ricky Lambert move to a club below us?

Yeah, but at least we ended the season with Hilcroft in charge and Daggers firing on all cylinders.

Opening game of season on 16:28 - Aug 20 with 1256 viewsdingdangblue

Opening game of season on 16:16 - Aug 20 by SalwaDale

Not for long!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Opening game of season on 16:30 - Aug 20 with 1253 viewsPotterDale

Opening game of season on 16:10 - Aug 20 by 442Dale

Remarkable.

Since Hillcroft finished the job (to a certain degree) they started, I am no longer annoyed with s**** p*****. I was merely responding to a post that stated he lost his esteem at the conclusion of his 2nd spell at the club. The fact remains that he bailed out before completing anything with us. On that basis he was, is, and will always be a c*** in my opinion. And thats all it is, my opinion.
Opening game of season on 16:32 - Aug 20 with 1248 viewsSalwaDale

Opening game of season on 16:30 - Aug 20 by PotterDale

Since Hillcroft finished the job (to a certain degree) they started, I am no longer annoyed with s**** p*****. I was merely responding to a post that stated he lost his esteem at the conclusion of his 2nd spell at the club. The fact remains that he bailed out before completing anything with us. On that basis he was, is, and will always be a c*** in my opinion. And thats all it is, my opinion.

Fair enough. Completely disagree with you but can kind of understand the 'unifinshed job' thing.

TBBT

Opening game of season on 16:33 - Aug 20 with 1244 viewsTVOS1907

Opening game of season on 16:10 - Aug 20 by 442Dale

Remarkable.

Yeah.

And Chris Lee.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Opening game of season on 16:36 - Aug 20 with 1232 views442Dale

Opening game of season on 16:32 - Aug 20 by SalwaDale

Fair enough. Completely disagree with you but can kind of understand the 'unifinshed job' thing.

Why didn't anyone let Barrow finish the job too?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Opening game of season on 16:37 - Aug 20 with 1226 viewsSalwaDale

Opening game of season on 16:36 - Aug 20 by 442Dale

We all misheard. He actually said "Judge me in 30 years"

TBBT

Opening game of season on 16:47 - Aug 20 with 1193 viewsPotterDale

Opening game of season on 16:36 - Aug 20 by 442Dale

I think we can all agree on barrow, and Buckley
Opening game of season on 16:52 - Aug 20 with 1187 viewsColDale

I believe that the following list is an incomplete list of people who have left Spotland in the past ten years or so to earn better money elsewhere

Steve Parkin
Keith Hill
Chris Dagnall
David Perkins
Will Buckley
Grant Holt
RIckie Lambert
Adam Le Fondre
Glenn Murray
Gary Jones
Tom Kennedy
Jean Louis Akpa Akpro
Scott Wiseman
Matt Done
Craig Dawson
Chris O'Grady
Matt Gilks
Simon Ramsden
Joe Thompson

Some of them earned the club handsome rewards, and most of them went up a division at least. I'm not one for deriding ex employees, especially those to have served us well, but it would seem to me there is massive inconsistencies about who is respected and those who aren't.

Surely those who did so for footballing reasons and earned us a few quid in the process should be top of that list for those to be respected?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Opening game of season on 16:52 - Aug 20 with 1185 viewsfitzochris

Opening game of season on 16:47 - Aug 20 by PotterDale

I think we can all agree on barrow, and Buckley

Yep, one managed us using prehistoric tactics, the other managed us by remote control.

Opening game of season on 19:49 - Aug 21 with 1094 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Opening game of season on 16:52 - Aug 20 by fitzochris

Yep, one managed us using prehistoric tactics, the other managed us by remote control.

Did Craig the groundsman not leave for better money as well lol :)

Can add Steve Walmersley to the list as well!!!!

Remember us winning 2 - 1 at Oxford first day with Homer Coleman making his only positive telling contribution for the season with his arse!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024