Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it time for a new chairman ? 21:12 - Dec 10 with 3296 viewsNewbury_Dale

The club is in danger of imploding if this poor run continues. The sell on clauses and Hillcroft era were undoubted high-spots, but is a new broom needed to clean this place up ?
Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:14 - Dec 10 with 3272 viewsSalwaDale

No, but I certainly don't think he is immune to criticism.

TBBT

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:15 - Dec 10 with 3257 viewsTTNYear

It's all well and good saying it, but implementing it may be a tad more difficult

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:32 - Dec 10 with 3198 viewsRalphs12

Would we be any better of with someone else? Who else would want to be a chairman of Rochdale right now?

Think we've got the right man myself, but I reckon he might need abit of help getting things running abit smoother. Perhaps the new directors will address this given time.
Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:39 - Dec 10 with 3177 viewsTTNYear

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:32 - Dec 10 by Ralphs12

Would we be any better of with someone else? Who else would want to be a chairman of Rochdale right now?

Think we've got the right man myself, but I reckon he might need abit of help getting things running abit smoother. Perhaps the new directors will address this given time.

I wonder today that he (Dunphy) has been forced to back Coleman, whether or not he was given permission to go to London/Dubai. Was having this discussion earlier this evening, and you wonder if, due to the amount of players that Coleman has brought to the club that Dunphy has had to back him, with an eye on how much it will cost to replace potential gaps in the squad should he leave.

After the debacle with Eyre last season this is a critical time for the chairmanship of the club.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:44 - Dec 10 with 3161 viewsRalphs12

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:39 - Dec 10 by TTNYear

I wonder today that he (Dunphy) has been forced to back Coleman, whether or not he was given permission to go to London/Dubai. Was having this discussion earlier this evening, and you wonder if, due to the amount of players that Coleman has brought to the club that Dunphy has had to back him, with an eye on how much it will cost to replace potential gaps in the squad should he leave.

After the debacle with Eyre last season this is a critical time for the chairmanship of the club.

I guess with the contract length not being all together clear (having read that accy article of a 12month rolling deal) Would it be better for Dunphy to just batten down the hatches for the rest of the season... see what happens, if it goes abit pete tongue the deal simply doesn't get renewed IF it is a 12 month deal.
Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:45 - Dec 10 with 3147 viewsrich_dale

I feel a level of trust for Dunphy despite the last 18 months - the sort of trust that is wearing thin with the management and playing staff. The amount of rumour, social media crap and trolling is ridiculous.

Coleman will surely have had pressure applied today and it's too early to make rash decisions. Remains to be seen now whether he persists with playing certain favourite players every week in the wrong position no matter what.
Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:50 - Dec 10 with 3131 views442Dale

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:44 - Dec 10 by Ralphs12

I guess with the contract length not being all together clear (having read that accy article of a 12month rolling deal) Would it be better for Dunphy to just batten down the hatches for the rest of the season... see what happens, if it goes abit pete tongue the deal simply doesn't get renewed IF it is a 12 month deal.

Not sure at all, but aren't rolling contracts just that - whenever you leave you get 12 months pay from that date unless the contract states otherwise?

As I said, just a guess.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:53 - Dec 10 with 3120 viewsRalphs12

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:50 - Dec 10 by 442Dale

Not sure at all, but aren't rolling contracts just that - whenever you leave you get 12 months pay from that date unless the contract states otherwise?

As I said, just a guess.

Not a clue, I thought it was a case of you get a contract for say a year... do well its extended if not you're out the door. Footy manager might hold the answer to this question.
Login to get fewer ads

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:55 - Dec 10 with 3108 views442Dale

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:53 - Dec 10 by Ralphs12

Not a clue, I thought it was a case of you get a contract for say a year... do well its extended if not you're out the door. Footy manager might hold the answer to this question.

Glenn Hoddle's contract:

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s115/st73284.htm

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:57 - Dec 10 with 3099 viewsThreeLions

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:44 - Dec 10 by Ralphs12

*tong ;)
Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:58 - Dec 10 with 3090 viewsRalphs12

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:55 - Dec 10 by 442Dale

Glenn Hoddle's contract:

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s115/st73284.htm

Well I didnt know that, interesting. Better than paying off a 8 year deal, but I guess it offers less compo if a team comes in a poaches you're manager.
Is it time for a new chairman ? on 22:04 - Dec 10 with 3071 viewsRalphs12

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 21:57 - Dec 10 by ThreeLions

*tong ;)

bully :(
Is it time for a new chairman ? on 22:23 - Dec 10 with 3028 viewsrafc1984

No, absolutley not. I am possibley Chris Dunphy's biggest fan, and the reason, He is Dale through and through.
Nothing could be worse, in my opinion, than a club like ours, being run by an out and out business man. We would be asset stripped (yes I know, that would be quite difficult at the moment) and lucky to survive in this division.
But make no mistake, without CD at the top of the tree, who in Rochdale would we have? The answer is no-one, there simply would not be, that many takers.

Be thankful for what we have in Mr Dunphy, he has the best interests of the club at heart.
Is it time for a new chairman ? on 22:24 - Dec 10 with 3016 viewsmizfit

I for one would miss his hat collection
Is it time for a new chairman ? on 23:24 - Dec 11 with 2835 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 22:23 - Dec 10 by rafc1984

No, absolutley not. I am possibley Chris Dunphy's biggest fan, and the reason, He is Dale through and through.
Nothing could be worse, in my opinion, than a club like ours, being run by an out and out business man. We would be asset stripped (yes I know, that would be quite difficult at the moment) and lucky to survive in this division.
But make no mistake, without CD at the top of the tree, who in Rochdale would we have? The answer is no-one, there simply would not be, that many takers.

Be thankful for what we have in Mr Dunphy, he has the best interests of the club at heart.

Although he has made a few bad decisions since Hilcroft left, he is the right man for the job and Dale through and through.

I do however think we would benefit from a managing director of the club, to over see the day to day running of the club.

Things like code of conduct could be put in place for all staff, better customer care, targets set for the commercial activities, a vision for how the future looked like and just more professionalism around the place.

Though football matters would be seperate, the employees would still fall under and the code of ethics for the club.

I know all the directors are busy men in their own right, so I wonder if these time constraints sometimes dont lend themselves with driving the club forward commercially?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 23:27 - Dec 11 with 2827 viewsDoris

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 23:24 - Dec 11 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Although he has made a few bad decisions since Hilcroft left, he is the right man for the job and Dale through and through.

I do however think we would benefit from a managing director of the club, to over see the day to day running of the club.

Things like code of conduct could be put in place for all staff, better customer care, targets set for the commercial activities, a vision for how the future looked like and just more professionalism around the place.

Though football matters would be seperate, the employees would still fall under and the code of ethics for the club.

I know all the directors are busy men in their own right, so I wonder if these time constraints sometimes dont lend themselves with driving the club forward commercially?

so what will the MD do different from what the CE should do?
Is it time for a new chairman ? on 23:44 - Dec 11 with 2805 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 23:27 - Dec 11 by Doris

so what will the MD do different from what the CE should do?

Managing the staff.

As CE I believe Colin G spends a lot of his time on the legal side of running the club, contracts, player registration etc.

I doubt he has time to do monthly 1-2-1's,Personal Development Reviews and monitor the performance of every member of staff to see if they are delivering against pre-agreed goals, targets and levels of service.

If he does, he needs to be a bit tougher with um!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Is it time for a new chairman ? (n/t) on 23:53 - Dec 11 with 2790 viewsDoris

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 23:44 - Dec 11 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Managing the staff.

As CE I believe Colin G spends a lot of his time on the legal side of running the club, contracts, player registration etc.

I doubt he has time to do monthly 1-2-1's,Personal Development Reviews and monitor the performance of every member of staff to see if they are delivering against pre-agreed goals, targets and levels of service.

If he does, he needs to be a bit tougher with um!

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Is it time for a new chairman ? on 08:04 - Dec 12 with 2703 viewsNorthernSou1

Yeah get someone like Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan! ........ Wake up pal
Is it time for a new chairman ? on 08:40 - Dec 12 with 2666 viewsdingdangblue

Is it time for a new chairman ? on 08:04 - Dec 12 by NorthernSou1

Yeah get someone like Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan! ........ Wake up pal

We've got a chance - just had a quick look in the phone book and there are a couple of those in Rochdale.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024