Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2013 Calendar 21:59 - Dec 23 with 1847 viewsjohndale

Calendar is on sale in wilkinsons - £6.50. Nice to see Dale stuff for sale in town rather than in just the club shop.
2013 Calendar on 22:31 - Dec 23 with 1812 viewsR17ALE

Aye, it's good to see a Dale product in town, but the manner in which this little earner has ended up in town might be a damning inditement on the club's cba attitude.

From what I'm led to believe, each copy sold benefits the outsourced company, who have been responsible for its design, print and sales, and who keep the proceeds.

I don't know what fee said company paid Dale to secure these rights. If it was over £2000 then it's good business by the club.

And it's saved somebody the hassle of designing one, advertising it and selling it.

What problem?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

2013 Calendar on 22:39 - Dec 23 with 1796 viewsThacks_Rabbits

2013 Calendar on 22:31 - Dec 23 by R17ALE

Aye, it's good to see a Dale product in town, but the manner in which this little earner has ended up in town might be a damning inditement on the club's cba attitude.

From what I'm led to believe, each copy sold benefits the outsourced company, who have been responsible for its design, print and sales, and who keep the proceeds.

I don't know what fee said company paid Dale to secure these rights. If it was over £2000 then it's good business by the club.

And it's saved somebody the hassle of designing one, advertising it and selling it.

What problem?

I would be able to get 1000 designed and printed for around £1800 Razz - So would have to sell 270 give or take to break even.

I would guess we will sell more than that so.....

Maybe thats another one of those missed opportunities.

I am assuming its the typical calender you see in all the shops - decent glossy quality - we would sell that many in a week pre x mas if we had done it and marketed as a club.

Only saying like :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

2013 Calendar on 22:50 - Dec 23 with 1780 viewsColDale

2013 Calendar on 22:39 - Dec 23 by Thacks_Rabbits

I would be able to get 1000 designed and printed for around £1800 Razz - So would have to sell 270 give or take to break even.

I would guess we will sell more than that so.....

Maybe thats another one of those missed opportunities.

I am assuming its the typical calender you see in all the shops - decent glossy quality - we would sell that many in a week pre x mas if we had done it and marketed as a club.

Only saying like :)

Previously I believe sponsorship of the calendars has paid for all the production costs, meaning every one that was sold was 100% profit.
2013 Calendar on 22:53 - Dec 23 with 1771 viewsThacks_Rabbits

2013 Calendar on 22:50 - Dec 23 by ColDale

Previously I believe sponsorship of the calendars has paid for all the production costs, meaning every one that was sold was 100% profit.

If so why are we selling them in Wilko's - assuming they are in shop as well and we are getting a kickback from every sale from Wilko's and more if sold on site :)

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

2013 Calendar on 22:59 - Dec 23 with 1757 viewsTVOS1907

2013 Calendar on 22:53 - Dec 23 by Thacks_Rabbits

If so why are we selling them in Wilko's - assuming they are in shop as well and we are getting a kickback from every sale from Wilko's and more if sold on site :)

Is that £6.50 in Wilkinson's a sale price, because they are £7.99 in the club shop?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

2013 Calendar on 23:25 - Dec 23 with 1729 viewsThacks_Rabbits

2013 Calendar on 22:59 - Dec 23 by TVOS1907

Is that £6.50 in Wilkinson's a sale price, because they are £7.99 in the club shop?

You have to be fooking kidding me!!!!!!!

2013 Calendar on 23:47 - Dec 23 with 1706 viewschuckleberry

They are also on sale in Leeds, not sure how popular they will be over there!
2013 Calendar on 01:15 - Dec 24 with 1665 viewsTVOS1907

2013 Calendar on 23:25 - Dec 23 by Thacks_Rabbits

You have to be fooking kidding me!!!!!!!

Nope.

Login to get fewer ads

2013 Calendar on 01:31 - Dec 24 with 1661 viewsSpike

They are also cheaper (and have been for a while) on Amazon. I brought that up in the club shop to be told 'well we won't be selling them any cheaper'

I'll add to that, I wasn't asking for them to be cheaper, just wondered if it was us selling them on there. (it isn't, and whatever is made from the sales don't go into the club apparently)

Personally don't like next years calendar so had to opt for non Dale related ones as gifts this time round.
2013 Calendar on 01:39 - Dec 24 with 1657 viewsTVOS1907

2013 Calendar on 01:31 - Dec 24 by Spike

They are also cheaper (and have been for a while) on Amazon. I brought that up in the club shop to be told 'well we won't be selling them any cheaper'

I'll add to that, I wasn't asking for them to be cheaper, just wondered if it was us selling them on there. (it isn't, and whatever is made from the sales don't go into the club apparently)

Personally don't like next years calendar so had to opt for non Dale related ones as gifts this time round.

Is it socks all round then?

2013 Calendar on 07:40 - Dec 24 with 1624 viewsHarry_Dale

Also being sold in Clintons, Manchester Arndale for £7.99
2013 Calendar on 09:53 - Dec 24 with 1560 viewselectricblue

2013 Calendar on 01:31 - Dec 24 by Spike

Currently unavailable on amazon as ive just looked...
Someone as been busy buying then.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

2013 Calendar on 09:55 - Dec 24 with 1554 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Available at the Trafford Centre for £7.99...buy one get one free. My nephew picked two up last week.
2013 Calendar on 10:04 - Dec 24 with 1540 views442Dale

Of course the club will be analysing the results of producing/selling the calendar this way. The staff/board will be able to compare to previous calendar sales and assess which was the most effective method with a view to incorporating it next year.

Well done to all concerned if this is the plan. I look forward to seeing a report on this on the OS in the new year, will make for interesting reading.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

2013 Calendar on 10:33 - Dec 24 with 1508 viewsBoss_Hog

2013 Calendar on 10:04 - Dec 24 by 442Dale

Of course the club will be analysing the results of producing/selling the calendar this way. The staff/board will be able to compare to previous calendar sales and assess which was the most effective method with a view to incorporating it next year.

Well done to all concerned if this is the plan. I look forward to seeing a report on this on the OS in the new year, will make for interesting reading.

Having seen who has made the calendars I would be very surprised if The Club Shop were making anything from sales at other outlets.
2013 Calendar on 10:39 - Dec 24 with 1498 viewsR17ALE

2013 Calendar on 10:04 - Dec 24 by 442Dale

Arf. You need to dilute your laying it on with a trowel!

That will have gone way over their heads!

I'd love to know the fee the club secured from the outside company. When I used to do the calender I always made £2500 for the Trust from it. I think I did it for 3 years, being told when I secured it that I was "hijacking the calendar" by a member of staff, only to be told by the same person when I returned it to the club that "I was dumping it on them".

Add to that the fixture poster and the End of Season Awards Night

Edit! It has to be said, there really are some bone idle people at our club.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

2013 Calendar on 10:44 - Dec 24 with 1487 views442Dale

2013 Calendar on 10:39 - Dec 24 by R17ALE

Arf. You need to dilute your laying it on with a trowel!

That will have gone way over their heads!

I'd love to know the fee the club secured from the outside company. When I used to do the calender I always made £2500 for the Trust from it. I think I did it for 3 years, being told when I secured it that I was "hijacking the calendar" by a member of staff, only to be told by the same person when I returned it to the club that "I was dumping it on them".

Add to that the fixture poster and the End of Season Awards Night

Edit! It has to be said, there really are some bone idle people at our club.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

The Trowel Of Common Sense.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

2013 Calendar on 10:46 - Dec 24 with 1482 viewsR17ALE

2013 Calendar on 10:44 - Dec 24 by 442Dale

The Trowel Of Common Sense.

Simon Trowel? Tosser?

2013 Calendar on 11:59 - Dec 24 with 1428 viewsTVOS1907

2013 Calendar on 10:46 - Dec 24 by R17ALE

Simon Trowel? Tosser?

Trowel Services - motorway servicing area?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024