Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
january signings? 19:40 - Dec 27 with 4369 viewsRoChDaLe

whos on your wishlist from another league two club.. mine would be burtons calvin zola, hes a perfect target man we need who has pace and strength!

how is anthony elding still in league one?

january signings? on 19:42 - Dec 27 with 2274 views442Dale

Some centre halves who can deal with people like Zola.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

january signings? on 19:50 - Dec 27 with 2216 viewsRoChDaLe

january signings? on 19:42 - Dec 27 by 442Dale

Some centre halves who can deal with people like Zola.

i think ryan edwards needs to stock up a bit to reach his full potential... he hasn't got much pace anyway so adding a bit of muscle wouldn't do him any harm

january signings? on 19:54 - Dec 27 with 2202 views442Dale

january signings? on 19:50 - Dec 27 by RoChDaLe

i think ryan edwards needs to stock up a bit to reach his full potential... he hasn't got much pace anyway so adding a bit of muscle wouldn't do him any harm

He's not good enough yet. Time will tell if he ever will be.

january signings? on 20:42 - Dec 27 with 2123 viewsColDale

january signings? on 19:54 - Dec 27 by 442Dale

He's not good enough yet. Time will tell if he ever will be.

Was reflecting on Edwards after yesterday's game. It looks like he's been thrown in too soon, as he's not performing as well as he was in August. You'd have assumed that the experience of League football would make someone a better player, but it's all just a bit too soon.
january signings? on 20:47 - Dec 27 with 2107 viewsolympicdale

january signings? on 20:42 - Dec 27 by ColDale

Was reflecting on Edwards after yesterday's game. It looks like he's been thrown in too soon, as he's not performing as well as he was in August. You'd have assumed that the experience of League football would make someone a better player, but it's all just a bit too soon.

wouldn't be hugely surprised to see us go in for Procter and Winnard to name but two, centre half I feel will be an experienced loanee.

Life is a game of fate.

january signings? on 20:55 - Dec 27 with 2092 views442Dale

january signings? on 20:47 - Dec 27 by olympicdale

wouldn't be hugely surprised to see us go in for Procter and Winnard to name but two, centre half I feel will be an experienced loanee.

Procter is starting at PNE at the moment. Admittedly that doesn't mean much as Westley changes his team more than Claudio Ranieri does in a training session, also wouldn't he be on decent wages at Deepdale?

january signings? on 21:06 - Dec 27 with 2052 viewsColDale

the problem will be if we can't have Kevin Long. Gornell and Grant were always his first choices for up front, and eventually he got them. In the mean time, we signed Adebola, Curran and Donnelly.

We need to have someone in place for the Wimbledon game as Edwards leaves on 2nd January. If we don't get Long straight away, do we wait until the end of the month to try and get him or do we look for alternatives straight away? If this defensive run continues, the season will be over by the end of January and the board won't be shelling out for a player they will view as a free transfer in the Summer when there's nothing left to play for.

Unless a deal is in place which I doubt after his recent first team appearance, then we have to look for alternatives. Just hope they're better than his stand ins up front.
january signings? on 21:11 - Dec 27 with 2040 viewsleedsdale

Niall Byrne has come back from his Barrow loan - anyone read any reports on how he got on?
Login to get fewer ads

january signings? on 21:14 - Dec 27 with 2029 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

january signings? on 21:11 - Dec 27 by leedsdale

Niall Byrne has come back from his Barrow loan - anyone read any reports on how he got on?

Lets not forget his U19s call up over summer

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

january signings? on 21:16 - Dec 27 with 2023 views442Dale

january signings? on 21:14 - Dec 27 by DaleAwaydayBot

Lets not forget his U19s call up over summer

But again, he's not good enough.

Unless McLeish wants him back at Forest to hoof it.

january signings? on 21:20 - Dec 27 with 2006 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

january signings? on 21:16 - Dec 27 by 442Dale

But again, he's not good enough.

Unless McLeish wants him back at Forest to hoof it.

he certainly made a good captain in reserves last season against the buckets reserves in lancs senior cup i think he most overlooked defender who's got talent in our defense

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

january signings? on 21:22 - Dec 27 with 1995 viewsTVOS1907

january signings? on 21:20 - Dec 27 by DaleAwaydayBot

he certainly made a good captain in reserves last season against the buckets reserves in lancs senior cup i think he most overlooked defender who's got talent in our defense

If he was good enough for regular League 2 football (which he isn't) he wouldn't have been allowed to go out on loan to a lowly Blue Square Premier League club.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

january signings? on 21:23 - Dec 27 with 1988 viewsRoChDaLe

january signings? on 21:22 - Dec 27 by TVOS1907

If he was good enough for regular League 2 football (which he isn't) he wouldn't have been allowed to go out on loan to a lowly Blue Square Premier League club.

then again though, if he was good enough would he be put in ahead of colemans mates?

january signings? on 21:24 - Dec 27 with 1980 viewsColDale

he's not the answer. If he was, he'd already be in the first team squad. Soccerbase has him down as making just one appearance at Barrow (which isn't always 100% especially with Conf teams) but everyone at the club is well aware of Byrne's ability. That's why he's not featuring.
january signings? on 21:29 - Dec 27 with 1962 viewsphomem

january signings? on 21:11 - Dec 27 by leedsdale

He couldn't get into the barrow team and they're bottom of the conference
january signings? on 21:30 - Dec 27 with 1954 views442Dale

january signings? on 21:29 - Dec 27 by phomem

He couldn't get into the barrow team and they're bottom of the conference

And Matt Flynn is in their defence.

Two bald men fighting over a comb.

january signings? on 22:01 - Dec 27 with 1907 viewsTVOS1907

january signings? on 21:23 - Dec 27 by RoChDaLe

then again though, if he was good enough would he be put in ahead of colemans mates?

He isn't.

And Edwards (R & P) and Bennett are all better than Byrne.

january signings? on 23:15 - Dec 27 with 1825 viewsrich_dale

Without offering any names, the key has to be a new CB, someone with experience and leadership qualities - it could revitalise the whole back 5. Bennett and Lillis might flourish with someone decent alongside/in front. Wouldn't say no to a CM that shields the back four better.

Curran and Donnelly can go if we can get Gornell and keep Grimes. Getting Gray back will be like a new signing. Crainey can go too providing we keep Tutte and Kennedy.
january signings? on 23:25 - Dec 27 with 1812 viewsRoChDaLe

1.proctor to replace tutte(if he leaves)
2.offload donnelly and curran and if a genuine decent bid comes in for grimes then let him go and sign zola and gornell
3. get a tall 6ft plus centre defensive midfielder who plays the same sort of role as mikel - who just sits there and protects the back four!

january signings? on 00:27 - Dec 28 with 1752 viewsTVOS1907

january signings? on 23:25 - Dec 27 by RoChDaLe

1.proctor to replace tutte(if he leaves)
2.offload donnelly and curran and if a genuine decent bid comes in for grimes then let him go and sign zola and gornell
3. get a tall 6ft plus centre defensive midfielder who plays the same sort of role as mikel - who just sits there and protects the back four!

Can you explain how we are going to get Zola from Burton?

january signings? on 00:41 - Dec 28 with 1737 viewsrollo

You lot want to have a good look in the mirror! Half the current squad/ accy team worked their way up from non league. There is a lot of potential in non league football but you need to look in the right places and dont get on a high horse about it! Give youth a chance but most importantly have scouts looking at the right players. I remember watching a 18yr old craig dawson have mr donelly in his pocket for two games yet it took two yrs later for someone to take a chance on a cd then it did for gd!!
january signings? on 00:57 - Dec 28 with 1722 viewsTVOS1907

january signings? on 00:41 - Dec 28 by rollo

You lot want to have a good look in the mirror! Half the current squad/ accy team worked their way up from non league. There is a lot of potential in non league football but you need to look in the right places and dont get on a high horse about it! Give youth a chance but most importantly have scouts looking at the right players. I remember watching a 18yr old craig dawson have mr donelly in his pocket for two games yet it took two yrs later for someone to take a chance on a cd then it did for gd!!

When did CD have GD in his pocket?

january signings? on 01:42 - Dec 28 with 1700 viewsrollo

january signings? on 00:57 - Dec 28 by TVOS1907

When did CD have GD in his pocket?

Skem vs radcliffe borough...to be fair there is less yrs between the two of them than i thought, but the point i was trying to make is how gems can be found but its trial and error some will work and some wont!
january signings? on 01:51 - Dec 28 with 1697 viewsTVOS1907

january signings? on 01:42 - Dec 28 by rollo

Skem vs radcliffe borough...to be fair there is less yrs between the two of them than i thought, but the point i was trying to make is how gems can be found but its trial and error some will work and some wont!

Blimey, that is good recall. Did GD work hard in that game?

We know there are gems to be found in non-league, but by definition, not really that many, else they wouldn't be there.

january signings? on 01:58 - Dec 28 with 1695 viewsrollo

january signings? on 01:51 - Dec 28 by TVOS1907

Blimey, that is good recall. Did GD work hard in that game?

We know there are gems to be found in non-league, but by definition, not really that many, else they wouldn't be there.

Ha no idea but what ever he did must have worked to catch someones eye.

You are right, maybe not that many but we shouldnt be quick to right off players like Byrne. We only have to look at recent ex-non league clubs that are now climbing quickly up the ladder!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024