Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Grimes 19:13 - Mar 28 with 6519 viewsdale_spotland

Do you want him here next season? If the news came through tomorrow he had signed a 3 year contract would you be happy? Or do you want him gone?

Want him gone personally.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Ashley Grimes on 19:16 - Mar 28 with 5241 viewsolympicdale

havent I heard this one before.

Life is a game of fate.

Ashley Grimes on 19:18 - Mar 28 with 5218 viewsdale_spotland

Ashley Grimes on 19:16 - Mar 28 by olympicdale

havent I heard this one before.

I know it seems to come up a lot and most may be sick of it and choose to ignore the thread, just wanted to know people's opinions in one definitive thread.

Ashley Grimes on 19:31 - Mar 28 with 5182 viewsDale57

Ashley Grimes on 19:18 - Mar 28 by dale_spotland

I know it seems to come up a lot and most may be sick of it and choose to ignore the thread, just wanted to know people's opinions in one definitive thread.

The question should be,does Ashley want to stay and if so,will he get his finger out so as to get fans on his side.
Ashley Grimes on 19:31 - Mar 28 with 5180 viewsolympicdale

Ashley Grimes on 19:18 - Mar 28 by dale_spotland

well personally I think he's terrible, definitely our worst player and needs to be gone asap..

Life is a game of fate.

Ashley Grimes on 19:35 - Mar 28 with 5171 viewsColDale

Again I know its been discussed a million times already, I'd turn it round, and say think back to the promotion team under Hill - that will be the benchmark and what we will aspire to. Does Grimes have in it him to reach the standards shown by those who took us up? There's no doubt he could do a supporting role, but would Grimes be happy to stay if he was only offered such a role?
Ashley Grimes on 19:47 - Mar 28 with 5135 viewsD_Alien

In a way, the question answers itself, simply through having been posed so many times.

We've all got opinions on players, but usually its of the "I'd pick A ahead of B" variety, not "do we want him at the club"

My own opinion is... I can't decide! I'll leave it to KH, who apparently is "comfortable" with Grimes either staying or going. Now, can you imagine him saying the same thing about, for instance, Glenn Murray? He nearly left over it!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ashley Grimes on 19:48 - Mar 28 with 5129 viewsolympicdale

Ashley Grimes on 19:35 - Mar 28 by ColDale

Again I know its been discussed a million times already, I'd turn it round, and say think back to the promotion team under Hill - that will be the benchmark and what we will aspire to. Does Grimes have in it him to reach the standards shown by those who took us up? There's no doubt he could do a supporting role, but would Grimes be happy to stay if he was only offered such a role?

Talent wise he is just as good as Daggers, but needs to be more adaptable to playing where he's told and get on with it.

Life is a game of fate.

Ashley Grimes on 20:05 - Mar 28 with 5087 viewsTalkingSutty

Ashley Grimes on 19:48 - Mar 28 by olympicdale

Talent wise he is just as good as Daggers, but needs to be more adaptable to playing where he's told and get on with it.

Trying to compare the two is just a insult to Dagnall.
Login to get fewer ads

Ashley Grimes on 20:15 - Mar 28 with 5063 views442Dale

Completely different to Dagnall as a player too. The only thing the same is that they'd both like playing in a front two with COG.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ashley Grimes on 20:15 - Mar 28 with 5062 viewsdale10

sorry but disagree he aint anything like dagnall daggers was quality
Ashley Grimes on 20:16 - Mar 28 with 5060 viewsolympicdale

Ashley Grimes on 19:47 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

In a way, the question answers itself, simply through having been posed so many times.

We've all got opinions on players, but usually its of the "I'd pick A ahead of B" variety, not "do we want him at the club"

My own opinion is... I can't decide! I'll leave it to KH, who apparently is "comfortable" with Grimes either staying or going. Now, can you imagine him saying the same thing about, for instance, Glenn Murray? He nearly left over it!

I think he can take him or leave him, which is the case for the fans too. I'd be very happy to see him alongside Grant/Henderson next season.

In comparison to Daggers, i think he has the scoring ability of Dagnall, if not the overall work rate.

Life is a game of fate.

Ashley Grimes on 20:21 - Mar 28 with 5050 viewsSalwaDale

Ashley Grimes on 20:05 - Mar 28 by TalkingSutty

Trying to compare the two is just a insult to Dagnall.

I disagree, in terms of talent I think it is a fair comparison. Dagnall was a cross between Grimes and Donnelly; Donnelly's workrate and Grimes's ability.

We've had a fair few players recentlywith Donnelly's ability and Grimes's workrate.

TBBT

Ashley Grimes on 20:31 - Mar 28 with 5026 viewsolympicdale

Ashley Grimes on 20:21 - Mar 28 by SalwaDale

I disagree, in terms of talent I think it is a fair comparison. Dagnall was a cross between Grimes and Donnelly; Donnelly's workrate and Grimes's ability.

We've had a fair few players recentlywith Donnelly's ability and Grimes's workrate.

I'd be more than happy to see him stay and forge a partnership with Bobby Grant, I think them two could hit 30 goals between them. Its a cliche used on this board many times relating to Grimes, but you either build the team around his skill and ability, or you get rid.

Life is a game of fate.

Ashley Grimes on 20:48 - Mar 28 with 4998 viewsroccydaleian

Ashley Grimes on 20:31 - Mar 28 by olympicdale

I'd be more than happy to see him stay and forge a partnership with Bobby Grant, I think them two could hit 30 goals between them. Its a cliche used on this board many times relating to Grimes, but you either build the team around his skill and ability, or you get rid.

Agreed. Keep Grimes and play to his strengths.
Ashley Grimes on 21:16 - Mar 28 with 4961 viewsSuddenLad

As an aside, Ashley Grimes was a guest player at a Q&A session this afternoon at my grandsons' school (along with Joe Thompson). One of the lads in the class asked him what he thought was the biggest difference in having Keith Hill as the new manager.

'It's much, much harder' was his reply.

Good, I say.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ashley Grimes on 21:16 - Mar 28 with 4961 viewsSalwaDale

Ashley Grimes on 20:48 - Mar 28 by roccydaleian

What, only play games in August and January?

TBBT

Ashley Grimes on 21:17 - Mar 28 with 4957 views49thseason

Ashley Grimes on 20:48 - Mar 28 by roccydaleian

This is difficult for me as I have thought Grimes to be probably our most talented player this season but I have been disappointed with his seeming lack of total commitment to the cause. I suspect its probably a good time for us to say thank you and goodbye and spend a chunk of his salary on harder working if less talented players. I have no doubt he could be a top player in the right system but I can't see it happening at Spotland. If nothing else, Keith will demand effort and a willingness to sweat blood next season, I'm not sure Grimes is capable of that.
Ashley Grimes on 22:06 - Mar 28 with 4908 viewssandylaner1

Ashley Grimes on 21:16 - Mar 28 by SuddenLad

As an aside, Ashley Grimes was a guest player at a Q&A session this afternoon at my grandsons' school (along with Joe Thompson). One of the lads in the class asked him what he thought was the biggest difference in having Keith Hill as the new manager.

'It's much, much harder' was his reply.

Good, I say.

interesting
Ashley Grimes on 22:31 - Mar 28 with 4872 viewsroccydaleian

Ashley Grimes on 21:16 - Mar 28 by SalwaDale

What, only play games in August and January?

Ok W.D. We'll just have to beg to differ on A.G. Personally i think, apart from Bobby Grant, Grimes is our next best player. When i see Grimes play, i see the passes he plays, the intelligent runs he makes, and probably our best poacher.
Ashley Grimes on 22:33 - Mar 28 with 4865 viewsSalwaDale

Ashley Grimes on 22:31 - Mar 28 by roccydaleian

Ok W.D. We'll just have to beg to differ on A.G. Personally i think, apart from Bobby Grant, Grimes is our next best player. When i see Grimes play, i see the passes he plays, the intelligent runs he makes, and probably our best poacher.

So do I.

I also see his petulant nature and what often seems a lack of real effort. Time will tell whether he ever fulfills his undoubted potential/ability.

TBBT

Ashley Grimes on 01:34 - Mar 29 with 4781 viewsShun

Gone.

I was one of his biggest defenders for so long but over his past few performances I've completely given up on him. A player with his undoubted talent should not have such a frustrating and, let's be honest, poor 2 seasons.
Ashley Grimes on 09:23 - Mar 29 with 4675 viewsfirgrovedale51

Ashley Grimes on 22:31 - Mar 28 by roccydaleian

Agree 100% he sees moves and passes other players do not.
Ashley Grimes on 09:34 - Mar 29 with 4661 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

I cant remember disliking any Dale player as much as I do Grimes! Leonard maybe? Oh Steve Doyle for sure!!!!

Sick of his slapped arse face and the screaming at other players when the ball is played half an inch out of his range.

The most flat footed footballer I have ever seen and will not miss his half arsed waddle when 'closing down' the opposition.

When his career finishes he will look back and think, 'what a waste of time that was'.

Could have been so different!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Ashley Grimes on 09:51 - Mar 29 with 4642 viewsNewbury_Dale

No desire, no committment, no balls. Surely one of our top earners and must be released.
Ashley Grimes on 12:14 - Mar 29 with 4570 viewsdale_spotland

Ashley Grimes on 09:34 - Mar 29 by SteTsGoldenBoot

I cant remember disliking any Dale player as much as I do Grimes! Leonard maybe? Oh Steve Doyle for sure!!!!

Sick of his slapped arse face and the screaming at other players when the ball is played half an inch out of his range.

The most flat footed footballer I have ever seen and will not miss his half arsed waddle when 'closing down' the opposition.

When his career finishes he will look back and think, 'what a waste of time that was'.

Could have been so different!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Agree with that first line, Dissapoints me every time he's on the pitch.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024