Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... 21:36 - Apr 13 with 3260 viewsTrue_Blue2

... our very small pitch!! A couple of quotes from their board:

The pitch was poor and seemed really small which meant that it was always going to be difficult for a fluent game of football.

The pitch was shocking and very small.
Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 21:37 - Apr 13 with 3241 viewsKenBoon

So long as we didn't put a roof up overnight they shouldn't have anything to moan about.
Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 21:37 - Apr 13 with 3226 viewsAtThePeake

The pitch wasn't in the best of nick ever, but smaller pitches generally suit players with better feet and technique.

Sure I read somewhere that the Nou Camp has one of the smallest pitches in the world.

But our pitch isn't even small! Haha.

Tangled up in blue.

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 21:39 - Apr 13 with 3197 viewsDomDale

Diluted

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 21:40 - Apr 13 with 3192 viewsTrue_Blue2

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 21:37 - Apr 13 by AtThePeake

The pitch wasn't in the best of nick ever, but smaller pitches generally suit players with better feet and technique.

Sure I read somewhere that the Nou Camp has one of the smallest pitches in the world.

But our pitch isn't even small! Haha.

That's my point - It's actually one of the bigger pitches in the Football League.

It probably looks a lot smaller than the one at Vale Park because it's not surrounded by an archaic, falling down old ground.
Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 21:41 - Apr 13 with 3184 viewsAtThePeake

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 21:40 - Apr 13 by True_Blue2

That's my point - It's actually one of the bigger pitches in the Football League.

It probably looks a lot smaller than the one at Vale Park because it's not surrounded by an archaic, falling down old ground.

I've only been to Vale Park once but I seem to remember it being very wide... almost square in fact.

Tangled up in blue.

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 21:44 - Apr 13 with 3156 viewsTrue_Blue2

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 21:41 - Apr 13 by AtThePeake

I've only been to Vale Park once but I seem to remember it being very wide... almost square in fact.

According to this http://www.footballgroundguide.com/ Vale Parks pitch is a yard wider and the same length as Spotland - both are wide pitches.
Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 22:06 - Apr 13 with 3088 viewsR17ALE

Bizarrely, they also seem to think we are a team of bullies! Many of them have labelled us as bullies on their board.

I'm getting the words....irony, stupid, piss taking, Hughes.

In fact they are a team of Hughes'. I've never seen a team collectively out-stretch their arms so often. I thought the ref had an excellent game standing up to the intimidating murderer. And it made a change him not scoring against us!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 22:16 - Apr 13 with 3015 viewsSalwaDale

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 22:06 - Apr 13 by R17ALE

Bizarrely, they also seem to think we are a team of bullies! Many of them have labelled us as bullies on their board.

I'm getting the words....irony, stupid, piss taking, Hughes.

In fact they are a team of Hughes'. I've never seen a team collectively out-stretch their arms so often. I thought the ref had an excellent game standing up to the intimidating murderer. And it made a change him not scoring against us!

You thought the ref was good?

Second half, maybe but first half all he did was blow his whistle after every 50-50/

TBBT

Login to get fewer ads

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 22:20 - Apr 13 with 2990 viewsR17ALE

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 22:16 - Apr 13 by SalwaDale

Second half, maybe but first half all he did was blow his whistle after every 50-50/

Yep, I thought he was very good.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 22:21 - Apr 13 with 2980 viewsMoonyDale

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 22:16 - Apr 13 by SalwaDale

I also thought the ref did a good job in the face of some ridiculous gesticulating from Hughes and Pope in particular. They both tried to boss the ref and constantly moaned their collective arses off at him, he did well not to bow to their intimidating tactics.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 22:24 - Apr 13 with 2963 viewsmacaroo

Don't forget the failure to hold up the board and announce the time allowed. Some very blinkered fans over there.
Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 22:29 - Apr 13 with 2932 viewsSalwaDale

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 22:21 - Apr 13 by MoonyDale

I also thought the ref did a good job in the face of some ridiculous gesticulating from Hughes and Pope in particular. They both tried to boss the ref and constantly moaned their collective arses off at him, he did well not to bow to their intimidating tactics.

Agree with both of you on that part but some of the fouls given were ridiculous. At one point Micky Adams seemed to be having a go at the ref, for giving Port Vale a free kick.

Him and Hill then spent the next minute or two in some mutual shoulder shrugging.

In fairness to the ref he did let the second half flow more.

TBBT

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 22:31 - Apr 13 with 2923 viewsColDale

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 22:29 - Apr 13 by SalwaDale

Agree with both of you on that part but some of the fouls given were ridiculous. At one point Micky Adams seemed to be having a go at the ref, for giving Port Vale a free kick.

Him and Hill then spent the next minute or two in some mutual shoulder shrugging.

In fairness to the ref he did let the second half flow more.

I thought the ref had a decent game, and was very consistent. Vale had a very good shout for a penalty in the first half which taken on its own merits, looked nailed on. However, moments earlier he'd allowed play on from a similar of sort of challenge.
Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 22:33 - Apr 13 with 2916 viewsSalwaDale

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 22:31 - Apr 13 by ColDale

I thought the ref had a decent game, and was very consistent. Vale had a very good shout for a penalty in the first half which taken on its own merits, looked nailed on. However, moments earlier he'd allowed play on from a similar of sort of challenge.

He was relatively consistent, guess I've always been a fan of refs who let the game flow a bit more.

TBBT

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 22:43 - Apr 13 with 2876 viewsAtThePeake

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 22:21 - Apr 13 by MoonyDale

The constant berating of the referee from Hughes and Pope warranted a yellow card each in my opinion, but otherwise he was good.

Tangled up in blue.

Apparently the reason Port Vale didn't win was ... on 22:49 - Apr 13 with 2853 viewsregjenkins

Took a friend along today whos a Liverpool fan.. comments included... "Their number 4 is really annoying me with his constant falling over" "This ref is a bit whistle happy" and "which ones the promotion side again? "

Can't say fairer than a bit of independent observation...

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024