Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Awards Night 20:22 - Apr 27 with 4941 viewsGhanaDale

I'd love to tell you who's winning what but I'm stood 20 feet from the stage and can't hear anything! Bobby Grant and George Donnelly aren't here

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Awards Night on 20:30 - Apr 27 with 3498 viewsGhanaDale

Kennedy fans player and club player of the year

Awards Night on 20:55 - Apr 27 with 3422 viewsSuddenLad

Pleased for JK. Deserves both awards for sure.

Surprised Grant & Donnelly are absent. Thought they would have been 'expected to attend'.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Awards Night on 21:25 - Apr 27 with 3356 viewsGhanaDale

Awards Night on 20:55 - Apr 27 by SuddenLad

Surprised Grant & Donnelly are absent. Thought they would have been 'expected to attend'.

Only saw 8 first team players, JK, Bennett, Rafferty, Edwards, Lillis, K Mac, Reece Gray and BBM.
Big shame really

Awards Night on 21:28 - Apr 27 with 3335 viewsD_Alien

Grant came over to the fans in the Pearl St during the aftermatch walkabout and seemed to be making a point about something, in a friendly kind of way. He was waving his arm as if to explain he had to be somewhere else shortly

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Awards Night on 21:38 - Apr 27 with 3301 viewsColDale

Awards Night on 21:28 - Apr 27 by D_Alien

Grant came over to the fans in the Pearl St during the aftermatch walkabout and seemed to be making a point about something, in a friendly kind of way. He was waving his arm as if to explain he had to be somewhere else shortly

They were there until about 7-45
Awards Night on 22:05 - Apr 27 with 3215 viewszxcvbnm

Awards Night on 21:25 - Apr 27 by GhanaDale

Only saw 8 first team players, JK, Bennett, Rafferty, Edwards, Lillis, K Mac, Reece Gray and BBM.
Big shame really

George and bobby were there at th start but buffered off it seems

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Awards Night on 22:06 - Apr 27 with 3207 viewsSpike

Awards Night on 21:28 - Apr 27 by D_Alien

He was telling someone who had asked for his shirt that it had already been given away.

Pretty much all the first team squad were present for at least part of the evening.
Awards Night on 22:22 - Apr 27 with 3166 viewsNewbury_Dale

Not really suprising Donnelly made a hasty retreat considering some of the names people have been calling him on here and Twitter. Think I'd probably have done the same.
Login to get fewer ads

Awards Night on 22:43 - Apr 27 with 3115 views442Dale

Awards Night on 22:22 - Apr 27 by Newbury_Dale

Not really suprising Donnelly made a hasty retreat considering some of the names people have been calling him on here and Twitter. Think I'd probably have done the same.

Cavanagh had a lot more vitriol aimed at him earlier in the season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Awards Night on 23:32 - Apr 27 with 3001 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Awards Night on 22:43 - Apr 27 by 442Dale

Cavanagh had a lot more vitriol aimed at him earlier in the season.

I am suprised it was not mandatory for all first team and youth to attend - maybe those released being given the option to not attend if they wished not to.

Credit to the professionalism shown by those released that still turned up!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Awards Night on 23:49 - Apr 27 with 2958 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Awards Night on 23:32 - Apr 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

I am suprised it was not mandatory for all first team and youth to attend - maybe those released being given the option to not attend if they wished not to.

Credit to the professionalism shown by those released that still turned up!

...any sign of Ashley,er what's his name?
Awards Night on 00:13 - Apr 28 with 2917 viewszxcvbnm

Awards Night on 23:49 - Apr 27 by Yorkshire_Dale

...any sign of Ashley,er what's his name?

No nor terry thingymajig

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Awards Night on 00:51 - Apr 28 with 2876 viewschuckleberry

Grant, Donnelly and Tutte were leaving when I arrived just before 7:30. Did anyone see Cavanagh?
On another note, I thought the PA system was poor, even though I was near the front I have no idea who won what. Thought it was quite disrespectful that I was unable to hear what Mrs Jenkins said.
Awards Night on 01:03 - Apr 28 with 2868 viewsKenBoon

Did they give away an award for biggest moaner?
Awards Night on 01:25 - Apr 28 with 2855 viewschuckleberry

Awards Night on 01:03 - Apr 28 by KenBoon

Did they give away an award for biggest moaner?

If they did I didn't hear it
Awards Night on 09:43 - Apr 28 with 2668 viewsHarry_Dale

I'll be honest, I thought it was an absolute disaster last night! With the club sneaking into the op half, Hill back, the team getting results - we had a real opportunity to harness the positivity around the club. Send fans away absolutely buzzing for next season, literally rushing to buy season tickets.

But no, players leaving before the fans got chance to speak to them, a PA system that barely worked, and a load of great awards won (apparently) but no one knows who got what! The place was empty by 9:15! That's a lot of bar revenue lost!!

Special mention to Jason Kennedy however, who stayed and met the fans and had photos all night. The name on the front of his short is clearly more important than that on the back!

Oh, and some scroat nicked me coat!!
Awards Night on 09:47 - Apr 28 with 2649 viewsColDale

Awards Night on 09:43 - Apr 28 by Harry_Dale

I'll be honest, I thought it was an absolute disaster last night! With the club sneaking into the op half, Hill back, the team getting results - we had a real opportunity to harness the positivity around the club. Send fans away absolutely buzzing for next season, literally rushing to buy season tickets.

But no, players leaving before the fans got chance to speak to them, a PA system that barely worked, and a load of great awards won (apparently) but no one knows who got what! The place was empty by 9:15! That's a lot of bar revenue lost!!

Special mention to Jason Kennedy however, who stayed and met the fans and had photos all night. The name on the front of his short is clearly more important than that on the back!

There's a problem with the PA system in the Ratcliffe Suite at the moment. It's picking up interference up from somewhere which meant that the mike had to go through the Dj's desk. Had the PA been working, it would have allowed the speakers at the back to be on which would have allowed everyone to hear and would probably have ensured there was less talking too. We'll make sure it's sorted for next season's.
Awards Night on 09:57 - Apr 28 with 2621 viewsjustanillusion

Awards Night on 09:47 - Apr 28 by ColDale

There's a problem with the PA system in the Ratcliffe Suite at the moment. It's picking up interference up from somewhere which meant that the mike had to go through the Dj's desk. Had the PA been working, it would have allowed the speakers at the back to be on which would have allowed everyone to hear and would probably have ensured there was less talking too. We'll make sure it's sorted for next season's.

i thought the posters for young fans to get autographs was a great idea ...so thanks for that
just a shame so many players were so hasty to leave with the exception of JK who made himself available to any fan who wanted to talk/have photo taken with him
Awards Night on 10:51 - Apr 28 with 2547 viewsRibbleblue

I couldn't agree more.Jason Kennedy is a gentleman and was so patient and polite,unlike others.It was like a cattle market in there last night at times.

Awards Night on 11:46 - Apr 28 with 2472 viewsG_Dale

With JK being a good guy and meeting the fans for photos, etc, did anyone manage to get him to 'autograph' a new contract?

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Awards Night on 12:30 - Apr 28 with 2397 viewsThreeLions

Awards Night on 11:46 - Apr 28 by G_Dale

With JK being a good guy and meeting the fans for photos, etc, did anyone manage to get him to 'autograph' a new contract?

Think a few told him he is well liked by the suporters and would be missed, agree with what has been said about him a great fella. Should he sign again a role of club captain should be given to him.
Awards Night on 12:34 - Apr 28 with 2378 viewsmacro

Awards Night on 12:30 - Apr 28 by ThreeLions

Think a few told him he is well liked by the suporters and would be missed, agree with what has been said about him a great fella. Should he sign again a role of club captain should be given to him.

Hopefully it wasnt his goodbye. Have a fear he'll be playing for bratfurt next season
Awards Night on 12:46 - Apr 28 with 2357 viewsYouTubeDale

Awards Night on 09:47 - Apr 28 by ColDale

Is there any way we can get the guests/announcers elevated on a temporary "stage" so that we can see them properly? Also, the film of the goals seemed very jerky, again is there any improvement that could be made?

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Awards Night on 13:02 - Apr 28 with 2334 viewsTalkingSutty

I also got the impression the players didnt want to be there last night in general. Even getting the recipients of the awards to come up to the stage to collect their trophy seemed a lot of effort for most of them, a genuine friendly smile doesnt go amiss neither.

They arent superstars they are lower league footballers and a few of them seemed to have a air of arrogance about them which is laughable really.

Having said all that when the manager takes to the stage to present a trophy and declines the opportunity to address the hundreds who turned up to support the event, is it any wonder the players seem as though they are there under duress.

Its the end of a tough season, we need to sell season tickets and a rallying cry from the manager or even a thank you would have been appreciated, its also good manners. Having said that about Hilly, i wondered afterwards if he takes offence at the "Baldy Mourinhio" chants that accompanied him onto the stage. If thats the case maybe thats why he chose not to address the public.

Its all about team Rochdale though !!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Awards Night on 13:11 - Apr 28 with 2304 viewsdale10

cavangh never went to the awards night but jk was fantastic stayed with the fans haveing his picture took with the fans signing autographs maybe if he signs he should be our captin
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024