Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Edwards Departs 13:23 - Jun 4 with 11231 viewssandylaner1

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/edwards-contract-853750.aspx

shame
Phil Edwards Departs on 01:13 - Jun 5 with 1944 viewsolympicdale

Phil Edwards Departs on 19:43 - Jun 4 by SuddenLad

Wouldn't say I was 'pleased to see him leave' because he showed he could 'do a job' but he wasn't by any means outstanding, nor is he irreplaceable.

I'm sure there are better options available (or soon will be) who will be willing to come to Spotland and work under KH. It wouldn't surprise me if there aren't already a few 'possibles replacements' already lined up.

He arrived on loan from Stevenage and on L1 wages, based on what Hill said about overspending last season, I would imagine he would have been on l1 wages to get him to sign, something we could not afford to do for his latest contract.

Life is a game of fate.

Phil Edwards Departs on 06:41 - Jun 5 with 1895 viewsPDIDDY

Phil Edwards Departs on 22:13 - Jun 4 by TVOS1907

At least they'll have a shiny new reception area through which to enter the ground.

By the way tv, them crisps for you on the Knowsley step.. Cheesey rings

Gissa job

Phil Edwards Departs on 07:02 - Jun 5 with 1881 viewsPops2

Lama, what's all the nonsense about loans being secured on the ground? A land registry check I arranged last week via my sisters firm of solicitors suggested otherwise.

Even if loans were secured, (which they are not) surely that just puts us in the same position as yourselves who do not own their ground. Like Diddy said, looks a bit like jealousy.
Phil Edwards Departs on 07:28 - Jun 5 with 1868 viewsDaley_Lama

It's based on the press release by your Club that requested investors to invest and that this investment would be guaranteed. What else can this be guaranteed against?

Put it another way. If you get investment and then the investors pull out and want their money back, what other assets have you got to sell? Andy Bishop's shins? Crazy Legs Futcher's leggings?

I didn't use the word "guaranteed" ,your club did.

Edit: Not jealousy from me, that I pormise. The last thing I would want to see is your club get raped by a self serving individual and for you to end up going the way of Chester/Halifax. Your 2 FA Cup wins would be consigned to famous history for starters.

I simply don't always think that the grass is greener on the other side.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: DF in or out

Phil Edwards Departs on 07:32 - Jun 5 with 1865 viewsPops2

Phil Edwards Departs on 07:28 - Jun 5 by Daley_Lama

It's based on the press release by your Club that requested investors to invest and that this investment would be guaranteed. What else can this be guaranteed against?

Put it another way. If you get investment and then the investors pull out and want their money back, what other assets have you got to sell? Andy Bishop's shins? Crazy Legs Futcher's leggings?

I didn't use the word "guaranteed" ,your club did.

Edit: Not jealousy from me, that I pormise. The last thing I would want to see is your club get raped by a self serving individual and for you to end up going the way of Chester/Halifax. Your 2 FA Cup wins would be consigned to famous history for starters.

I simply don't always think that the grass is greener on the other side.

The request for investors was on the basis of the previous board being still in place to boost their coffers which would have mean't a loan. This bloke has come in and taken the place over.

As for assets, we have now got some new furniture in reception that we could sell off.
Phil Edwards Departs on 08:28 - Jun 5 with 1830 viewsDaley_Lama

Phil Edwards Departs on 07:32 - Jun 5 by Pops2

The request for investors was on the basis of the previous board being still in place to boost their coffers which would have mean't a loan. This bloke has come in and taken the place over.

As for assets, we have now got some new furniture in reception that we could sell off.

He may have come in and taken you over, but the articles have carried on coming that negotations with potential investors are currently ongoing.

Poll: DF in or out

Phil Edwards Departs on 10:52 - Jun 5 with 1736 viewsTTNYear

Phil Edwards Departs on 07:32 - Jun 5 by Pops2

This chap Plops... What's he look like... Like?

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Phil Edwards Departs on 10:22 - Jun 8 with 1530 viewswmgunit

Like most people have said, he was solid but unspectacular. Would have liked to hold on to him for the purpose of stability. In keeping him we would have a good idea of the level of performance we would be getting every week. Many seasons we start with new/unproven centre back pairings which take time to, or never, settle in. Same will likely be the case with Edward's replacement.

With all that said, we couldnt keep paying him League 1 wages, and imagine a reduced wage contract explains why he left.
Login to get fewer ads

Phil Edwards Departs on 10:30 - Jun 8 with 1523 viewsR17ALE

Phil Edwards Departs on 10:22 - Jun 8 by wmgunit

Like most people have said, he was solid but unspectacular. Would have liked to hold on to him for the purpose of stability. In keeping him we would have a good idea of the level of performance we would be getting every week. Many seasons we start with new/unproven centre back pairings which take time to, or never, settle in. Same will likely be the case with Edward's replacement.

With all that said, we couldnt keep paying him League 1 wages, and imagine a reduced wage contract explains why he left.

Agree.

We know from the accounts that Coleman enjoyed around a 20% increase in the budget*, but the number of players didn't significantly increase, so we must have been paying average players above the odds. Clearly, mates don't come cheap these days!

Hill's identified this I would guess, and has offered the likes of Edwards what he considers to be his true market value. (An average League 2 centre back wage) Edwards' agent thinks he can find his man another club paying him what he earned last season. It's a decision both may live to regret.

*despite false claims to the contrary.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Phil Edwards Departs on 11:08 - Jun 8 with 1499 viewswmgunit

Phil Edwards Departs on 10:30 - Jun 8 by R17ALE

Agree.

We know from the accounts that Coleman enjoyed around a 20% increase in the budget*, but the number of players didn't significantly increase, so we must have been paying average players above the odds. Clearly, mates don't come cheap these days!

Hill's identified this I would guess, and has offered the likes of Edwards what he considers to be his true market value. (An average League 2 centre back wage) Edwards' agent thinks he can find his man another club paying him what he earned last season. It's a decision both may live to regret.

*despite false claims to the contrary.

Lets hope for a Wiseman situation with him resigning, but on a lower wage this time.
Phil Edwards Departs on 11:31 - Jun 8 with 1471 viewsAtThePeake

Phil Edwards Departs on 21:25 - Jun 4 by PassmondsBlue

ATP, I'm not a Troll, I've been to the majority of home games for the last 35 years and quite a few away games in my younger days

Just don't rate Phil Edwards and would have loved to have played against him, easy day for any big and fast centre forward me thinks.

It was the 'Well done Hilly' that reeled me in.

Hill offered him a contract, which he rejected.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024