Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lois Maynard 13:58 - Jul 25 with 3078 viewsdale_spotland

Signs for Halifax

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Lois Maynard on 14:06 - Jul 25 with 3048 viewsfitzochris

Shame it didn't work out for him with us. Hilly was enthusiastic about his prospects, but reports from posters on here who have been to the friendlies, and pals, suggest he wasn't quite ready for the step up.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Lois Maynard on 14:11 - Jul 25 with 3013 viewsSalwaDale

Lois Maynard on 14:06 - Jul 25 by fitzochris

Shame it didn't work out for him with us. Hilly was enthusiastic about his prospects, but reports from posters on here who have been to the friendlies, and pals, suggest he wasn't quite ready for the step up.

Yeah. Had he been 18 or 19 I'm sure we'd have seen him sign but he didn't quite look good enough, although he did look like he had all the attributes. Good luck to him.

TBBT

Lois Maynard on 14:13 - Jul 25 with 3000 viewslurker

Does this affect our Winsford friendly, or was the deal that we play a game in exchange for an opportunity to trial him?
Lois Maynard on 14:16 - Jul 25 with 2986 viewsBrierls

It's a good move for him. He looked to have all the physical attributes to be a great centre half, but just seemed to lack a bit of concentration or awareness. We needed a centre half who could challenge the starting XI, and Maynard wasn't quite ready. I wouldn't be surprised to see him earn of move to a league club in the future.
Lois Maynard on 14:18 - Jul 25 with 2977 viewsSalwaDale

Lois Maynard on 14:16 - Jul 25 by Brierls

It's a good move for him. He looked to have all the physical attributes to be a great centre half, but just seemed to lack a bit of concentration or awareness. We needed a centre half who could challenge the starting XI, and Maynard wasn't quite ready. I wouldn't be surprised to see him earn of move to a league club in the future.

I'd rather see him as a league player with Halifax. Would be a great fixture to return.

TBBT

Lois Maynard on 14:25 - Jul 25 with 2956 viewsBigKindo

I cannot really think what Halifax saw in him that we couldn't see? I though he was poor that day with, in particular, misdirected headers that put us under pressure.
Lois Maynard on 14:48 - Jul 25 with 2898 viewspl56

Lois Maynard on 14:25 - Jul 25 by BigKindo

I cannot really think what Halifax saw in him that we couldn't see? I though he was poor that day with, in particular, misdirected headers that put us under pressure.

be fair it was his first game at this level , and I thought Hilly summed it up beautifully with his "lasagna" analogy . The lad did start very uncertainly that day , but overall I thought got better as the game progressed , and was pretty sound at Stalybridge with an absolute donkey alongside him that night .

I think he did lack a yard of pace , and needed to concentrate on his strengths rather than trying to impress , so I'm not surprised he's not made it quite with us . Nevertheless , its a 4 step up in terms of non-league level , so overall I reckon he's done OK out of his association with us , and I'm delighted he's got a return on his personal investment as his attitude and approach looked spot on .

I wish him every success at Halifax .
Lois Maynard on 16:20 - Jul 25 with 2741 viewsmacro

Good luck to him at Fax, the writing was on the wall when me signed McConnell
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024