Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aussie Dale fans 09:57 - Jul 27 with 2322 viewsMBoothman

Living in Sydney at the moment, wondered if there were any other Dale fans in the vicinity? I seem to remember a couple of Dale fans down under from usernames in the past (possibly off the old board).

Yes. That IS Sako.

Aussie Dale fans on 10:05 - Jul 27 with 2304 viewsBazzanne

A Dale fan here for about 65 years, now in Renmark, South Australia. Enjoy listening to Dale player even though later in the year kick off time is 1.30 am. Night matches early season around 4 am. Can't miss my dale fix!
Aussie Dale fans on 12:03 - Jul 27 with 2217 viewsdownunder

Diddy Dave is in Brizzy, another Dale fan is in Auckland, I am in NZ near Christchurch. There are a few Dale fans around our town, sevearal families followed each other over here, some of our children follow Dale results.

Edit. Just realised, I gave you advice some time ago. I see you took some of it on board.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Aussie Dale fans on 13:07 - Jul 27 with 2179 viewsMBoothman

Aussie Dale fans on 12:03 - Jul 27 by downunder

Diddy Dave is in Brizzy, another Dale fan is in Auckland, I am in NZ near Christchurch. There are a few Dale fans around our town, sevearal families followed each other over here, some of our children follow Dale results.

Edit. Just realised, I gave you advice some time ago. I see you took some of it on board.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

That's right, I remember now! Unfortunately not got any kind of sponsorship to stay here, but got at least a couple of years I reckon. What do you reckon to staying here permanently, do you still sort out that kind of thing for people? Would it be easier to do it now that I'm here?

Wonder if there's enough of us to start an Antipodean Dale fan club?

Yes. That IS Sako.

Aussie Dale fans on 17:21 - Jul 27 with 2088 viewsShun

Mind if I ask how you all ended up living down under?
Aussie Dale fans on 20:14 - Jul 27 with 2028 viewspioneer

Shame, i just got back from 3 weeks there organised around going to the british lions games.
Aussie Dale fans on 20:17 - Jul 27 with 2023 views442Dale

Aussie Dale fans on 17:21 - Jul 27 by Shun

Mind if I ask how you all ended up living down under?

It involved a plane, probably.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Aussie Dale fans on 20:19 - Jul 27 with 2020 viewspioneer

Aussie Dale fans on 20:17 - Jul 27 by 442Dale

It involved a plane, probably.

Or a stolen loaf of bread!
Aussie Dale fans on 21:10 - Jul 27 with 1992 viewsdownunder

Aussie Dale fans on 13:07 - Jul 27 by MBoothman

That's right, I remember now! Unfortunately not got any kind of sponsorship to stay here, but got at least a couple of years I reckon. What do you reckon to staying here permanently, do you still sort out that kind of thing for people? Would it be easier to do it now that I'm here?

Wonder if there's enough of us to start an Antipodean Dale fan club?

Yes, still in recruiting/migration, but only for NZ. The Christchurch re build means we are busy, and should remain so for another 10 years.No different just because you are in OZ, NZ remains the tougest country to get a visa for. Your chances will depend if you have managed to get qualifications for your skills you mentioned, and continue to build experience.
I came out when visited a friend, and realised how good a lifestyle his family had. He had worked for the Home Office, worked with the politicians and bureaucrats, and soon realised they were lining their own pockets for the present, without any care for the future. I reckon he has been proved right, as the fall in the value of the pound has made it less of an attraction to migrate. Lifestyle only shall we say. 6 famillies from our UK group of friends have done the same. One of those kids I mentioned before, has been invited to train with the Christchurch Football rep side. If he continues to progress, perhaps we will send him back for a trial at the Dale?
Login to get fewer ads

Aussie Dale fans on 00:16 - Jul 28 with 1937 viewsAucklandjeff

Aussie Dale fans on 21:10 - Jul 27 by downunder

Yes, still in recruiting/migration, but only for NZ. The Christchurch re build means we are busy, and should remain so for another 10 years.No different just because you are in OZ, NZ remains the tougest country to get a visa for. Your chances will depend if you have managed to get qualifications for your skills you mentioned, and continue to build experience.
I came out when visited a friend, and realised how good a lifestyle his family had. He had worked for the Home Office, worked with the politicians and bureaucrats, and soon realised they were lining their own pockets for the present, without any care for the future. I reckon he has been proved right, as the fall in the value of the pound has made it less of an attraction to migrate. Lifestyle only shall we say. 6 famillies from our UK group of friends have done the same. One of those kids I mentioned before, has been invited to train with the Christchurch Football rep side. If he continues to progress, perhaps we will send him back for a trial at the Dale?

Hi fellow exiled Dale fans

Really excited about the coming season. Looks the best squad for years. After 4 years here in Auckland I still religiously check this site (and the official site) everyday! In terms of immigration I too moved out for the lifestyle and it helps that the missus is a Kiwi!

Got to say the structure of amateur football over here is much better than the UK in terms of fields and facilities/club houses etc. My son and I belong to Beachlands/Maraetai FC (East Auckland) and I like many ex pats are playing in their late 30s 40s and 50s. You don't see that too much at Firgrove on a Sunday morning!

Will always miss Saturday afternoons at the shrine that is Spotland and the excitement of away games:)
Aussie Dale fans on 01:46 - Jul 28 with 1922 viewsTVOS1907

Aussie Dale fans on 00:16 - Jul 28 by Aucklandjeff

Hi fellow exiled Dale fans

Really excited about the coming season. Looks the best squad for years. After 4 years here in Auckland I still religiously check this site (and the official site) everyday! In terms of immigration I too moved out for the lifestyle and it helps that the missus is a Kiwi!

Got to say the structure of amateur football over here is much better than the UK in terms of fields and facilities/club houses etc. My son and I belong to Beachlands/Maraetai FC (East Auckland) and I like many ex pats are playing in their late 30s 40s and 50s. You don't see that too much at Firgrove on a Sunday morning!

Will always miss Saturday afternoons at the shrine that is Spotland and the excitement of away games:)

You should take up refereeing after your playing days are over.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Aussie Dale fans on 05:03 - Jul 28 with 1900 viewsdownunder

Aussie Dale fans on 01:46 - Jul 28 by TVOS1907

You should take up refereeing after your playing days are over.

I did. Back coaching again now. Good post by Auckland jeff. Back in the UK my lad had to trial for Cassy Gabs. He made the team, but there were plenty that failed, and did not get to play competetive organised football. NZ associations run 1st, second third and so on teams so every kid gets a game. Ok, 10th grade div 4 is not good viewing for a football purist, but at least there is participation, teamship, fitness etc. And daisy pickers. Plane watchers...
Aussie Dale fans on 08:10 - Jul 28 with 1876 viewsdavidab2202

May I suggest with all these fans "down under" that perhaps a home game could be played out there.The club could perhaps pay air fares for us to go and watch the game so that we don't miss out.Put my name in pole position for any trip.
Have a brother out in Napier NZ and I'm sure he would nip over for the game.
Aussie Dale fans on 12:10 - Jul 28 with 1819 viewsdownunder

Aussie Dale fans on 08:10 - Jul 28 by davidab2202

May I suggest with all these fans "down under" that perhaps a home game could be played out there.The club could perhaps pay air fares for us to go and watch the game so that we don't miss out.Put my name in pole position for any trip.
Have a brother out in Napier NZ and I'm sure he would nip over for the game.

Was you brother a milkman by any chance? If yes, I met him completely by chance. If not, there is ANOTHER Dale fan in Napier.
Aussie Dale fans on 14:10 - Jul 28 with 1782 viewsdavidab2202

Aussie Dale fans on 12:10 - Jul 28 by downunder

Was you brother a milkman by any chance? If yes, I met him completely by chance. If not, there is ANOTHER Dale fan in Napier.

Thats my boy--over in Rochdale at the moment for another week --A small world sometimes.I was over in Melbourne(amongst other places in OZ) 3yrs ago and within the first 18hrs there had bumped into 2 people with Rochdale connections.
Aussie Dale fans on 21:58 - Jul 28 with 1720 viewsdownunder

Aussie Dale fans on 14:10 - Jul 28 by davidab2202

Thats my boy--over in Rochdale at the moment for another week --A small world sometimes.I was over in Melbourne(amongst other places in OZ) 3yrs ago and within the first 18hrs there had bumped into 2 people with Rochdale connections.

Definite small world indeed. If I had not had my Dale shirt on that day, at the Winery concert, we would not have met, nor found out that their friends in Napier were related to our friends.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024