Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Winsford 11:28 - Jul 29 with 5873 viewsBamfordDale

Last pre-season friendly at 7.30pm. £6 at the gate. Not sure how many first teamers will get a run out.
On a side issue, their website says that former Dale trialist Lois Maynard has signed for FC Halifax.
Winsford on 12:44 - Jul 29 with 4798 viewsoff2div1

Were you been 3 days ago

http://www.halifaxafc.co.uk/news/article/lois-signs-for-the-shaymen-944028.aspx

Winsford on 13:09 - Jul 29 with 4731 viewsBamfordDale

Winsford on 12:44 - Jul 29 by off2div1

Were you been 3 days ago

http://www.halifaxafc.co.uk/news/article/lois-signs-for-the-shaymen-944028.aspx

oops. Missed that bit of info as away on holiday. First pre-season game for me tonight so looking forwatrd to seeing new signings.
Winsford on 14:58 - Jul 29 with 4613 viewslurker

Surely this game is going to be called off tonight
Winsford on 15:33 - Jul 29 with 4585 viewsMoonyDale

Winsford on 14:58 - Jul 29 by lurker

Surely this game is going to be called off tonight

Don't think we will call it off unless the weather turns nasty. Not sure how familiar the team will look though...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Winsford on 15:44 - Jul 29 with 4567 viewslurker

Winsford on 15:33 - Jul 29 by MoonyDale

Don't think we will call it off unless the weather turns nasty. Not sure how familiar the team will look though...

I am planning on going but the forecast is a bitch and we've already had some decent downpours.

We should see a decent team. Even if he plays those he is not intent on starting on Saturday, it will still be a decent team given the depth of our current squad so worth the dosh I reckon.

I will be leaving it until the last minute to set off
Winsford on 18:22 - Jul 29 with 4432 viewsD_Dale

Officiallydale on Twitter say Dale team will be available at about 6.30. I'm guessing KH will field mostly younger players.
Winsford on 18:38 - Jul 29 with 4383 viewsSaxonDale

Dale XI v Winsford: Thomson, O'Connor, Bennett, Tanser, Vidal, Mendy (trialist), Aley (trialist), Gray, Logan, Bunney, Abadaki

Subs: Collis, Cannon, Whitehall, Allen, BBM, Martin

Quite a few unfamiliar names on that list. Great to see Bennett back in the team.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Winsford on 18:59 - Jul 29 with 4307 viewssweetcorn

Winsford on 18:38 - Jul 29 by SaxonDale

Dale XI v Winsford: Thomson, O'Connor, Bennett, Tanser, Vidal, Mendy (trialist), Aley (trialist), Gray, Logan, Bunney, Abadaki

Quite a few unfamiliar names on that list. Great to see Bennett back in the team.

safe to say none of these will be starting come saturday.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

Winsford on 19:32 - Jul 29 with 4235 viewsChaffRAFC

Winsford on 18:38 - Jul 29 by SaxonDale

Andy Cannon, Danny Whitehall (son of Stevie) and Connor Martin are all YTS players.

Really looking for Reece Gray to step up and take the reins tonight because, a once very promising young player is quickly sliding down and heading for a career of non-league football.

Interested to see how the two trialists do as well and it's fantastic to see Rhys Bennett back.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Winsford on 19:52 - Jul 29 with 4157 viewssweetcorn

scores?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Winsford on 20:02 - Jul 29 with 4094 viewsChaffRAFC

0-0. Dale apparently playing a 3-3-1-3 formation.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Winsford on 20:19 - Jul 29 with 4021 viewsBainesy15

1-1 on Twitter, Abadaki then they equalised a minute later
Winsford on 20:27 - Jul 29 with 3964 viewsBamfordDale

Half time 1-1. Tough game on sloping pitch (old greyhound track apparently) . Abadaki took goal well from central position. They scored with a looping header which chipped Thomson.
Winsford on 21:07 - Jul 29 with 3768 viewsNorthernSou1

@officiallydale: GOAL! Winsford Utd 1-2 Rochdale (Abadaki 72 mins)
Winsford on 21:13 - Jul 29 with 3716 viewsBamfordDale

Scorer of Dale second - trialist Cannon. V bright in midfield. Reece Gray substituted. Did not stand out and out muscled by opposition defence all too often.
Winsford on 21:15 - Jul 29 with 3687 viewsdale1968

Now 3-1

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Winsford on 21:22 - Jul 29 with 3610 viewsNorthernSou1

Winsford on 21:15 - Jul 29 by dale1968

Now 3-1

@officiallydale: GOAL! Winsford 1-3 Rochdale (Whitehall, 83)
Winsford on 21:24 - Jul 29 with 3578 viewsNorthernSou1

@officiallydale: Rochdale complete their pre-season friendly schedule with a 3-1 win, it means they have gone unbeaten in pre-season

Rhys Bennett also completed a full 90 minutes tonight
Winsford on 22:02 - Jul 29 with 3369 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Danny...Danny Whitehall..!!

Brings back happy memories seeing that surname on the scoresheet for Dale.
Winsford on 22:13 - Jul 29 with 3311 views442Dale

Winsford on 21:13 - Jul 29 by BamfordDale

Scorer of Dale second - trialist Cannon. V bright in midfield. Reece Gray substituted. Did not stand out and out muscled by opposition defence all too often.

Gray is well down the pecking order now. Unless something drastic happens, he'll probably be looking at moving to re-launch his career.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Winsford on 22:20 - Jul 29 with 3280 viewsD_Dale

Winsford on 21:24 - Jul 29 by NorthernSou1

@officiallydale: Rochdale complete their pre-season friendly schedule with a 3-1 win, it means they have gone unbeaten in pre-season

Rhys Bennett also completed a full 90 minutes tonight

After-match Tweet from RB:

Rhys Bennett ‏@RhysBeno91

Thanks for the messages of support and thankyou for everyone that's helped me get to where I am today @officiallydale #blessed #deusefiel
Winsford on 22:50 - Jul 29 with 3188 viewsmikehunt

Winsford on 22:13 - Jul 29 by 442Dale

Gray is well down the pecking order now. Unless something drastic happens, he'll probably be looking at moving to re-launch his career.

Gray seemed to show some spirit in the couple of games I saw him in last season. Don't know what has happened there. Sometimes difficult to fully commit after the kind of injury he had. Could be he has lost his bottle. Shame if so.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Winsford on 23:00 - Jul 29 with 3161 viewsboromat

Just got back.

It's pretty hard to give any real feedback. The pitch was horrible long straw like grass and quite uneven so it didn't make for a good game. I don't know what league they are in but they came across like a pub team. It was very hard for us to get started with the way we were set up Mendy was key in linking our play together but was useless in that position Cannon replaced him in the second half and made a huge difference just by finding space asking for the ball and moving it on. Reece Gray was as he always is good on the ball every now and again but rubbish without the ball. Another thing that didn't help our play was how static the back three were, they all stayed as a back three against a lone striker!

The trialist at left wing back looked like he is worth another look at. Whitehall did well when he came on and finished well.

Special mention and my MOTM is Abadaki his strength for a small lad and his work rate were great and he took both of his goals well.

Overall it wasn't really a performance at all because of the pitch and nature that the game was played. I'm not sure what the benefit of todays game was. Probably just game time for those players that haven't had much yet.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Winsford on 12:08 - Jul 30 with 2846 viewsColDale

Winsford on 22:13 - Jul 29 by 442Dale

the problem with Gray is that he cannot be considered as one of the youngsters any more. There's a fresh crop of kids who have come through, and another lot banging on the door. I know he's had the injury, and he's shown in the past he's got the talent, but the bar has been raised. He is supposed to be a couple of years ahead in the pecking order of some of the youngsters but performances wouldn't show this.
Winsford on 12:45 - Jul 30 with 2795 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Winsford on 12:08 - Jul 30 by ColDale

the problem with Gray is that he cannot be considered as one of the youngsters any more. There's a fresh crop of kids who have come through, and another lot banging on the door. I know he's had the injury, and he's shown in the past he's got the talent, but the bar has been raised. He is supposed to be a couple of years ahead in the pecking order of some of the youngsters but performances wouldn't show this.

Sounds like he could be right for the Joe Thompson role then...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024