Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's your favourite moment following Dale? 14:37 - Jul 29 with 8093 viewsdale_spotland

Bar the obvious ones such as promotion, Darlo at home etc what's your favourite moment following the dale? Can be at home or away.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 18:08 - Jul 29 with 2252 viewsDomDale

Macc away in promotion season is up there. The game itself was a bit dire but there were fookin loads of us and the booze up on the journey there and afterwards was nice

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 18:13 - Jul 29 with 2238 viewsmaybee

In no particular order:

Winning 7-2 at Stockport

Watching us play some superb stuff in a 1-0 win at Northampton in Parkins first spell and thinking that we had turned a massive corner.

Seeing us walk out onto the pitch at Wembley

The 9 men win at Turf Moor and giving Mr Lunt the abuse he deserved at the end.

The celebrations following our promotion

The season we escaped re-election under Peter Madden (about 1979?) when we won loads of home games that had been postponed due to the bad weather.
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 19:27 - Jul 29 with 2187 viewsmidlandsdale

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:35 - Jul 29 by fitzochris

Hillcroft era aside... and Parkin's too...

Taking apart Rotherham in the FA Cup was pretty decent, back when they had the Goat and were a half decent side. They nearly clawed it back too, at the end.

Getting to the FA Cup third round against Liverpool was a nice moment... right up until kick-off!

Beating Doncaster 2-1 with nine men...

If I remember we were doing nicely until about the 43rd minute when Colly BOllocks got 2 in 2.

I rather enjoyed Cheltenham away on there first game in the football league and a certain Mark Monington opener!
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 19:39 - Jul 29 with 2179 viewsdale_spotland

Lincoln away in the promotion season is up there as one of my favourites, think it was around late December time, Lincoln went 1 nil up and nobody seemed to care, as we all knew we would still win, as we really were that good! A rare feeling at Dale!

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 19:42 - Jul 29 with 2170 viewsTVOS1907

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 19:27 - Jul 29 by midlandsdale

If I remember we were doing nicely until about the 43rd minute when Colly BOllocks got 2 in 2.

I rather enjoyed Cheltenham away on there first game in the football league and a certain Mark Monington opener!

Atkinson and Ford scored that day.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 19:46 - Jul 29 with 2163 viewsmidlandsdale

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 19:42 - Jul 29 by TVOS1907

Was the Monington brace a figment of my somewhat dwindling memory!
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 19:47 - Jul 29 with 2161 viewsBartRowou

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 19:42 - Jul 29 by TVOS1907

Mono was on a hat-trick in this game...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_news.php?storyid=229

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 19:50 - Jul 29 with 2152 viewsmidlandsdale

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 19:47 - Jul 29 by BartRowou

Mono was on a hat-trick in this game...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_news.php?storyid=229

Cheers, at least I'm not quite senile yet!
Login to get fewer ads

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 19:57 - Jul 29 with 2141 viewsisitme

Playing Liverpool away in the FA cup. The first time I had ever been to a ground of a big team. It was a great day out even if we got hammered.
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 21:17 - Jul 29 with 2113 viewsdogboy

Upsetting the big boys at home
Aston Villa 71/72
Notts County 72-73
Sheff Wed 2010-11
Charlton Athletic 2010-11
Southampton 2010-11
just loved leaving the ground classic comments from away fans
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 22:11 - Jul 29 with 2067 viewsPassmondsBlue

TK's goal celebrations v bury

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 22:13 - Jul 29 with 2061 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Excluding the Hillcroft years:

Daggers' last minute equaliser at Rushden - we were looking more and more doomed before he popped up.

A 2-0 win at Shrewsbury in a midweek game when Holt and Paul Tait(!) scored - if memory serves correct that was our seventh win on the spin, in Parkin's first full season back.

The 5-0 win at Darlington on a Friday night - Parkin's final season in charge, Sako bagged two and we were rampant!

Finally, one that does include Hilly (but with Griff as his assistant), his first game in charge, away at MK Dons. I was originally going to give it a miss but after second thoughts made the trip. And after the dross of the previous 12 months it was great to see a side that played with passion and guts that day. Despite the two late goals to lose 2-1 I came away with a sense of pride. Little did I know that was only the beginning though!
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 22:36 - Jul 29 with 2046 viewsmodelboydave

Besides all the obvious. Il go for two luton based moments.

The 1-0 win in 2001 that sent us above them to top of the league and the moment the 3rd goal went in after been 3-0 down in the FA cup tie.

Both goals gave me bragging rights for at least a week

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 22:41 - Jul 29 with 2041 views49thseason

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 22:13 - Jul 29 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

Excluding the Hillcroft years:

Daggers' last minute equaliser at Rushden - we were looking more and more doomed before he popped up.

A 2-0 win at Shrewsbury in a midweek game when Holt and Paul Tait(!) scored - if memory serves correct that was our seventh win on the spin, in Parkin's first full season back.

The 5-0 win at Darlington on a Friday night - Parkin's final season in charge, Sako bagged two and we were rampant!

Finally, one that does include Hilly (but with Griff as his assistant), his first game in charge, away at MK Dons. I was originally going to give it a miss but after second thoughts made the trip. And after the dross of the previous 12 months it was great to see a side that played with passion and guts that day. Despite the two late goals to lose 2-1 I came away with a sense of pride. Little did I know that was only the beginning though!

Stan Hepton running through six-inches-deep mud and scoring at Blackburn to take us the League Cup final
Promotion to Division 3
Dumping Coventry (twice!) out of FA Cup
9 men winning at Burnley
5th Round FA cup at Palace
Winning play off vs Darlo
Wembley
Promotion again.
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 22:46 - Jul 29 with 2033 viewsShun

SO MANY!

5-0 against MK Dons, just because it was the first time I looked at a Dale side and thought, "We're pretty special this year."

The final goal in the 3-3 at Morecambe after being 3-0 down at half time.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 23:39 - Jul 29 with 1904 viewsRowZ

Bar the obvious: TK's penalty at home against Bury 3-0 and of course the celebration.
Watching Chris O'Grady in the promotion season, even though he probably isn't the very best dale player in recent times, I loved to watch him play.
Paddy's wonder goal at home.

Obvious: Darlo
Promotion
1st season in League One - 2-0 away at Southampton was special
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 23:48 - Jul 29 with 1899 viewsTTNYear

Can't believe no one has mention the destruction of Bradford away tbh. It could have been 8 that neet

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 04:43 - Jul 30 with 1869 viewswimborne_dale

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:20 - Jul 29 by D_Alien

Jonah's piledriver away at Southampton in the 0-2

Sealed the victory and put us on a wider footballing map

Yes! That moment - Football heaven.

Edgar Allan's Crow

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 04:56 - Jul 30 with 1867 viewswimborne_dale

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 14:49 - Jul 29 by SaxonDale

Found £60 outside the ground once, that was good.Also saw Daryll Burgess dressed in full devil attire one Halloween, will never forget his face when he saw that I had a Rochdale top on.

I think you need to have a quiet word with "maybe". See his post under the thread "Whats your least favourite moment following Dale??"

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_mb.php?m=v&t=84809&page=2#47

edit- typo

Edgar Allan's Crow

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 10:21 - Jul 30 with 1794 viewspioneer

Beating Coventry in FA Cup January 1971. It had been 17 years since we had reached the third round of the cup - then the postponement and the Cantwell affair leading to a Monday afternoon kick off. A full ground, two great goals and the attention of the media since it was the only game played that day.

It was the first time we reached the fourth round (last 32) since before joining the football league (lost to swindon in 1914 or around there).

Amazing day. You can probably guess what my worst moment was (see other thread).
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 13:05 - Jul 30 with 1760 viewsSkiptonDale

It's the little things for me:

Seeing Lambert place the ball down for a free kick.

Seeing Dawson go up for a corner.

Seeing Will Buckley get the ball in acres of space and just the full back in front of him.

Similarly to Buckley, I used to love seeing Wiseman bomb on from right back. Always made me think something could happen.
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 13:38 - Jul 30 with 1743 viewsCornish_Dale

My favourite moment would be watching Kevin Townson make it 2-1 Dale against Bury in the F.A cup. What year was that again? 2004??
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 14:01 - Jul 30 with 1725 viewsTVOS1907

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 13:38 - Jul 30 by Cornish_Dale

My favourite moment would be watching Kevin Townson make it 2-1 Dale against Bury in the F.A cup. What year was that again? 2004??

November 2003

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:32 - Jul 30 with 1694 viewsSandyman

Won't repeat lots of the above, but the very late comeback to win 3-2 against MK Franchise (and their linesmen) was sweet.
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 22:14 - Jul 30 with 1628 viewsfinberty

Watching numerous opposition strikers attempting, unsuccessfully, a one on one against Keith Welch.

Watching Dale score, then looking at the opposite end to see said Welch trudging back to his goal-line, head down, no emotion. A quality player who kept us in the League.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024