Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
According to Dunphy 14:23 - Mar 9 with 1781 viewselectricblue

In Dunphys pre match interview on NWT he feels that the current squad are a better squad than the promotion winning team...
I'm sure his comment said technically a better team but i'm not to sure...
Plus he mentioned that the finances are ok aswell as Dale work within a budget....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

According to Dunphy on 14:42 - Mar 9 with 1697 viewsMoonyDale

Apart from Cog and Dawson I would tend to agree, and this run in will show if this squad has the metal for the job after the last squad threw away a 12 point lead meaning we crawled across the finish line rather than sprint across it.....I somehow don't see our current players caving in like that.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

According to Dunphy on 18:11 - Mar 9 with 1334 viewsseasidedale

2010 team where better individuals but thinks current is better as a team working together
According to Dunphy on 14:13 - Mar 11 with 768 viewspioneer

I presume he means the recent promotion winning team - he must have also seen the 69 team.

I think the current squad is stronger (ie deeper), but the recent promotion winning team was, up until the end of season flunk (which I still cannot fathom) by far the dominant team in the division, both in terms of results and the type of football being played - and as with the 69 team the success continued into the following season.

The current team has been more prone to 'off days' (these all came in a bunch at season's end for the recent promotion team) but has shown tremendous character (last Friday being just one example) which id probably say is based on fitness and confidence in their ability. I dont think they are markedly better than the other teams at the top - and of course Scunthorpe wiped the floor with us in both games played (back to those off days).

Lets hope this time we can avoid the end of season flunk.
According to Dunphy on 14:43 - Mar 11 with 715 viewsdeeplishblue

According to Dunphy on 14:13 - Mar 11 by pioneer

I presume he means the recent promotion winning team - he must have also seen the 69 team.

I think the current squad is stronger (ie deeper), but the recent promotion winning team was, up until the end of season flunk (which I still cannot fathom) by far the dominant team in the division, both in terms of results and the type of football being played - and as with the 69 team the success continued into the following season.

The current team has been more prone to 'off days' (these all came in a bunch at season's end for the recent promotion team) but has shown tremendous character (last Friday being just one example) which id probably say is based on fitness and confidence in their ability. I dont think they are markedly better than the other teams at the top - and of course Scunthorpe wiped the floor with us in both games played (back to those off days).

Lets hope this time we can avoid the end of season flunk.

It's hard to argue against your comment that Scunny "wiped the floor with us" based upon the 0-4 and 3-0 scorlines.

but...... I think that that is a bit harsh. We were well in both of those games until the hour mark, and I would say that for periods of the games (especially at home) we were the better team.

Certainly I would not like to play Scunny in the playoffs - but if we did I think we would have a chance of beating them over 2 legs.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024