Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! 22:01 - Aug 25 with 4326 viewsR17ALE

TVOS unearthed it tbf. I was a mere teenager in the Northampton match. And there's a wonderful Cyril gaffe in there too!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 22:06 - Aug 25 with 3399 viewsTVOS1907

Initial credit must go to modelboydave who, living at the posh end of a street in Luton, has the technology to put some old videos onto DVD and then onto here.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 22:19 - Aug 25 with 3367 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Thanks to whoever found this - really great memories of this - for many reasons!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 22:29 - Aug 25 with 3340 views442Dale

Some great stuff on there. Christ, Dolan was tedious.

And why did we wear white socks at Anfield?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 22:32 - Aug 25 with 3327 viewsTVOS1907

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 22:29 - Aug 25 by 442Dale

Some great stuff on there. Christ, Dolan was tedious.

And why did we wear white socks at Anfield?

To look like Chelsea.

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 22:33 - Aug 25 with 3327 viewsDevonDale

Sadly I had just left my teenage years when we met Northampton. Just over 9,000 there that day if my memory serves me right - an attendance that would not be bettered until 2003 again in the FA Cup v Coventry.
Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 22:35 - Aug 25 with 3315 views442Dale

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 22:32 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

To look like Chelsea.

Like Hull last season then.

That old club shop was ace. No goals DVDs in the window though.

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 22:56 - Aug 25 with 3261 viewsTVOS1907

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 22:19 - Aug 25 by Thacks_Rabbits

Thanks to whoever found this - really great memories of this - for many reasons!!!!

I regularly put up Dale Videos on YouTube to coincide with a Through The Years page in TVOS.

These games from 1994 have been featured so far:

Oldham (h), Rose Bowl

Bury (a), Div 3

Mansfield (a), Coca-Cola Cup

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 23:11 - Aug 25 with 3229 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 22:56 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

I regularly put up Dale Videos on YouTube to coincide with a Through The Years page in TVOS.

These games from 1994 have been featured so far:

Oldham (h), Rose Bowl

Bury (a), Div 3

Mansfield (a), Coca-Cola Cup

Was at all 3 of those - Paul Williams trying to look like a footballer Vs Oldham - soon went downhill!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 00:01 - Aug 26 with 3176 viewsmodelboydave

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 22:06 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

Initial credit must go to modelboydave who, living at the posh end of a street in Luton, has the technology to put some old videos onto DVD and then onto here.

TVOS I certainly do...... And you should see the other end do the street if I lived there I would be on the breadline.

On the video note, if anyone has any old dale related videos they want me to transfer and put them on you tube, let me know. Be nice to get as much old footage on line as possible. I must look through my old videos I still have and see if I can find any more stuff to get online.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 00:14 - Aug 26 with 3168 viewsmodelboydave

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 00:01 - Aug 26 by modelboydave

TVOS I certainly do...... And you should see the other end do the street if I lived there I would be on the breadline.

On the video note, if anyone has any old dale related videos they want me to transfer and put them on you tube, let me know. Be nice to get as much old footage on line as possible. I must look through my old videos I still have and see if I can find any more stuff to get online.

....on another note 89-90 was the season of the inflatables. ( for younger readers not the filthy type, but each club had an inflatable mascot so to speak).

Dale adopted a penguin..... And I can't remember for the life of me why?

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 08:32 - Aug 26 with 3017 viewsantmarina

Loving the memories of the cup runs, etc.

Just watched the fa cup matches with my 3 year old daughter who proclaimed all the way through "My favourite football team is rochdale!" That will please the tractor boys and girls on my fees side of the family!!
Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 09:31 - Aug 26 with 2959 viewsSuddenLad

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 00:14 - Aug 26 by modelboydave

....on another note 89-90 was the season of the inflatables. ( for younger readers not the filthy type, but each club had an inflatable mascot so to speak).

It was said at the time that that the penguin was the most obvious choice, because just like Dale, they had f*** all on the wings and could not get forward quickly.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2014 9:32]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 09:51 - Aug 26 with 2926 viewsPDIDDY

Big Cyril, licked cantwell, perv

Gissa job

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 10:15 - Aug 26 with 2887 viewsParkinsGimp

Thanks for these guys, great memories. I was in the Forresters on bury road when it all kicked off beforehand, pretty eventful day that and to see 9000 at the Dale was brilliant, good turn out at Crystal Palarse as well , but that train was a nightmare LOL
Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 11:54 - Aug 26 with 2787 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 00:14 - Aug 26 by modelboydave

To coincide with the centenary colours!
Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 14:38 - Aug 26 with 2649 viewsFrog

Cheers for that, happy days!

Has anyone got footage of the Liverpool game?

And just as an aside, why do people post videos of games off FIFA etc? Do people actually watch those?
Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 14:58 - Aug 26 with 2634 viewsmodelboydave

Had a look though the programmes from 88-89. Can only find one mention of the penguins. For sale in the club shop , but no mention as to why we had a penguin.

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 16:12 - Aug 26 with 2570 views_dezzy

I thought the reason for penguins was. Because they live in the cold and its always cold in Rochdale.

KHBA

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 18:27 - Aug 26 with 2485 viewsD_Alien

It's noticeable how much deeper the Sandy Lane terracing was in those days. When it was packed, the noise generated could be heard for some considerable distance, contributing to what was referred to in our first promotion season as "The Spotland Roar". Chants came across loud and clear to all parts of the ground. It's something of a shadow of it's former self now.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 18:38 - Aug 26 with 2466 views442Dale

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 18:27 - Aug 26 by D_Alien

It's noticeable how much deeper the Sandy Lane terracing was in those days. When it was packed, the noise generated could be heard for some considerable distance, contributing to what was referred to in our first promotion season as "The Spotland Roar". Chants came across loud and clear to all parts of the ground. It's something of a shadow of it's former self now.

Apart from the new crush barriers/roof etc, the actual size of the Sandy hasn't changed I don't think. Only been in there a couple of times since the late 90s but it seemed much the same to me.

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 18:43 - Aug 26 with 2461 viewsColDale

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 18:38 - Aug 26 by 442Dale

Apart from the new crush barriers/roof etc, the actual size of the Sandy hasn't changed I don't think. Only been in there a couple of times since the late 90s but it seemed much the same to me.

in those days there was the section at the front where people lined up against the front wall. These days its all yellow sectioned off.
Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 18:45 - Aug 26 with 2455 viewsDorsetDale

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 18:27 - Aug 26 by D_Alien

That's what has been confusing me! Assumed because of the depth it was a camera from the Willbutts not main stand. Was sure I remembered the Northampton fans streaming out after the 3rd from Pearl St. end.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 18:45 - Aug 26 with 2450 views442Dale

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 18:43 - Aug 26 by ColDale

in those days there was the section at the front where people lined up against the front wall. These days its all yellow sectioned off.

Yeah, they'd lean over and interrupt the concentration of even the most conscientious of ballboys.

That one celebrating Steve Johnson's goal next to the copper looks a right annoying get.

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 18:49 - Aug 26 with 2445 viewsD_Alien

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 18:45 - Aug 26 by DorsetDale

That's what has been confusing me! Assumed because of the depth it was a camera from the Willbutts not main stand. Was sure I remembered the Northampton fans streaming out after the 3rd from Pearl St. end.

It's a combination of changes.

Col's mentioned the boxed-off areas. There's a new breeze-block wall at the rear which lessens the depth of the available standing area, and to cap it all there's the capacity limit. The old Sandy would have at least twice as many fans crammed into it as would be allowed now.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Here's sommot you all should watch...aah the Cup memories! on 23:16 - Aug 27 with 2186 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

No video upload of Dale 6 Accy 3 then? On the 93rd anniversary of Division 3 North kicking off!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024