Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill vs Nugent 13:31 - Sep 27 with 1111 viewsD_Dale

From the match preview on the OS. I think the happy occasion when KH was on the receiving end of Nugent's elbow was just 16 years ago, on 19 Sept 1998, when Dale played at Ninian Park. Hill was subbed after 34 min., with the score at 0-1. Cardiff scored twice in the second half, to win 2-1. Hoping for payback this afternoon!

Saturday’s game against Leyton Orient will see Hill go up against Kevin Nugent, who is in caretaker charge of the O’s following Russell Slade’s departure.

Hill and Nugent were team mates at Plymouth Arygle from 1992 through until 1995, and Hill admits that they’re good friends.

“I’m going to be up against one of my best friends in football — Kevin Nugent. You don’t get too many friends in football, so it’ll be a privilege to be competitive against Kevin Nugent as an opposing Manager because were team mates.

“We also played against each other. I remember Kev playing for Cardiff and I was playing for either Plymouth or Rochdale and within the first four minutes he’s laid an elbow right across my nose - that’s how competitive he is. He’s a superb person and I think he’ll do a great job for Leyton Orient.”
Hill vs Nugent on 13:33 - Sep 27 with 1101 viewsSalwaDale

Missed that game, I was busy getting married.

TBBT

Hill vs Nugent on 14:53 - Sep 27 with 992 views442Dale

Remember it being really warm that day and we were sat on the open terrace behind the goal. Completely uninterested in the match as Barrow had managed to alienate the most committed of fans with his horrible tactics and players.

Yet still we turned up. Foolish.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill vs Nugent on 01:39 - Sep 28 with 755 viewsDiddyDave

Hill vs Nugent on 13:33 - Sep 27 by SalwaDale

Missed that game, I was busy getting married.

That`s no excuse! Did any of you older Dale fans know Brian Wren from Littleborough who was Burnley`s most ardent supporter? He never missed a game home or away and got married on a Friday so he could go to Newcastle the following day to watch his beloved Clarets. This was a time when nobody,but nobody,got married on a Friday,50s I think it was. He was a painter and decorator whose boss gave him time off during the week if Burnley had a long away match,as long as he made up the hours sometime else. They reckon when he died there was nobody from Burnley who bothered to turn up. Maybe the club didn`t get informed,but pretty disappointing none the less. Good on ya SalwaDale,it`s a pretty special day putting that ring on the finger,Dale game or not!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024