Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back 23:02 - Oct 11 with 3613 viewswimborne_dale

Unbelievable!
Where the XXXX was everyone???!!! 250 mile round trip. Half a tank of diesel and NO GAME!!! Not even any info as to why it was off. I thought it was odd when I parked up and got near the ground and there was hardly anyone around.

Just kidding

Edgar Allan's Crow

Just got back on 00:12 - Oct 12 with 3518 viewsBrighouseDale

For a minute there I was genuinely worried WD!

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Just got back on 00:40 - Oct 12 with 3481 viewsD_Alien

Just got back on 00:12 - Oct 12 by BrighouseDale

For a minute there I was genuinely worried WD!

Decent wind up

Must be a WD forte

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just got back on 12:00 - Oct 12 with 3190 viewsYouTubeDale

I set off from Nottingham, where I was a student, on Saturday 4th January 1986 to Old Trafford for our game in the FA Cup 3rd round against Man U. I thought it was a bit quieter than Spotland. I didn't know the game had been called off. I couldn't stay until the following Thursday when the game was actually played, so I missed it again.

Managers: Man Utd ... Ron Atkinson Rochdale ... Vic Halom

Players: Man Utd: TURNER - GIDMAN - ALBISTON - WHITESIDE - McGRATH - GARTON - BLACKMORE - STRACHAN - HUGHES - STAPLETON - GIBSON

Rochdale: REDFERN - HEATON - GRANT - McMAHON - COOKE - HICKS - THOMPSON - TAYLOR - MOORE - SEASMAN - JOHNSON

[Post edited 12 Oct 2014 12:13]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Just got back on 09:04 - Oct 15 with 2765 viewsaleanddale

Just got back on 12:00 - Oct 12 by YouTubeDale

I set off from Nottingham, where I was a student, on Saturday 4th January 1986 to Old Trafford for our game in the FA Cup 3rd round against Man U. I thought it was a bit quieter than Spotland. I didn't know the game had been called off. I couldn't stay until the following Thursday when the game was actually played, so I missed it again.

Managers: Man Utd ... Ron Atkinson Rochdale ... Vic Halom

Players: Man Utd: TURNER - GIDMAN - ALBISTON - WHITESIDE - McGRATH - GARTON - BLACKMORE - STRACHAN - HUGHES - STAPLETON - GIBSON

Rochdale: REDFERN - HEATON - GRANT - McMAHON - COOKE - HICKS - THOMPSON - TAYLOR - MOORE - SEASMAN - JOHNSON

[Post edited 12 Oct 2014 12:13]

Saturday 04th jan 86 was the most disapointed i have ever been!!

Called off - frozen pitch!! They had undersoil heating pipes that had frozen and would not work apparantly.

if it was 2014 then i am convinced it would have been a sky televised game.. how times have changed.
Just got back on 09:17 - Oct 15 with 2751 views442Dale

Just got back on 09:04 - Oct 15 by aleanddale

Saturday 04th jan 86 was the most disapointed i have ever been!!

Called off - frozen pitch!! They had undersoil heating pipes that had frozen and would not work apparantly.

if it was 2014 then i am convinced it would have been a sky televised game.. how times have changed.

Called off on the Tuesday too. For that one everyone was praying for the weather to improve as the undersoil heating hadn't been fixed, by the Thursday they'd sorted it I think.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back on 11:26 - Oct 15 with 2645 viewsD_Alien

Just got back on 09:17 - Oct 15 by 442Dale

Called off on the Tuesday too. For that one everyone was praying for the weather to improve as the undersoil heating hadn't been fixed, by the Thursday they'd sorted it I think.

And those were the days when GMP presence could be sorted with 24/48 hours notice, and when hooligans were still hooligans not sad old geezers living in the past. Don't recall anyone being at any more risk of coming to harm than they would these days.

Just goes to show what a money-spinning exercise GMP have turned it into.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just got back on 11:32 - Oct 15 with 2632 views442Dale

And we all knew the details of the rearranged games without having to check the internet every five minutes. It's amazing anyone even managed to get to matches to cause trouble.

We were one of the first in Old Trafford that night; my dad had a thing about getting to matches early and games of count the stewards/police/fans were commonplace. I noticed straight away that we'd changed to white socks.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024