Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... 19:27 - Nov 10 with 4957 viewsSuddenLad

IF we beat Northampton. Dreadful journey

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 19:29 - Nov 10 with 2788 viewstazzydjr

Pompey would be ideal new ground for me better review than Aldershot

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 19:30 - Nov 10 with 2766 viewsMasher

Which one. Portsmouth or Aldershot?

Up The Dale!!

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 19:30 - Nov 10 with 2751 viewspedrodale

just have to beat whoever they put in front of us starting with Northampton
Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 19:32 - Nov 10 with 2726 viewshxdale

Aldershot. ..
Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 19:32 - Nov 10 with 2724 viewsFondles

Getting beaten off northampton would be the best option
Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 19:32 - Nov 10 with 2713 viewsColDale

We wanted a money spinning trip, something Aldershot always provides.
Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 19:35 - Nov 10 with 2667 viewsDaley_Lama

Aldershot.

Negative points: They throw coins at away fans (edit: wot Col said)

Positive points: They got relegated out of league football and therefore Vincenti and Lancashire joined us.

Portsmouth

Negative points: We got thumped there 3-0 last season

Positive points: The won the FA Cup more recent than them lot #obsessed and would have 10,000 fans in the ground not on £2 p/a season tickets.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2014 19:35]

Poll: DF in or out

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 19:39 - Nov 10 with 2593 views442Dale

Has to be said this whole 'Monday cup draw on BBC' thing is the footballing equivalent of watching something like Friends.

It's hyped so much that you think it must be good, but despite loads of supposedly interesting characters trying to out-do each other in the one liner stakes, by the end not much has actually happened and you're left with the hope it'll be better next time.

When we'll get Bournemouth.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 19:41 - Nov 10 with 2562 viewssweetcorn

Not an ideal draw for us either way.

However, I think aldershot would be the best option, as theres a slight chance that it could be a televised game, TV companies tend to like going to the underdogs home ground and most of the underdogs have been drawn away this time around, so we might have an outside chance of getting a slot.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 19:43 - Nov 10 with 2534 viewsTVOS1907

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 19:41 - Nov 10 by sweetcorn

Not an ideal draw for us either way.

However, I think aldershot would be the best option, as theres a slight chance that it could be a televised game, TV companies tend to like going to the underdogs home ground and most of the underdogs have been drawn away this time around, so we might have an outside chance of getting a slot.

Although our TV record is pretty poor, tbf.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 19:43 - Nov 10 with 2531 viewsFondles

Think its safe to assume Hartlepool match will be 1st on that list
Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 19:45 - Nov 10 with 2508 viewsTVOS1907

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 19:39 - Nov 10 by 442Dale

Has to be said this whole 'Monday cup draw on BBC' thing is the footballing equivalent of watching something like Friends.

It's hyped so much that you think it must be good, but despite loads of supposedly interesting characters trying to out-do each other in the one liner stakes, by the end not much has actually happened and you're left with the hope it'll be better next time.

When we'll get Bournemouth.

Thought Tony Ford might have drawn us at home.

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 19:56 - Nov 10 with 2408 viewsrichfoad32

Both reasonably local to me so from a purely selfish point of view it's a decent draw, horrible in every other way though. I've never been to Aldershot so would prefer that and as has been said above, there's an outside chance of it being televised especially as they would have just knocked out a 'name' club. Our record in televised games may not be the greatest but at least it will put some extra money in the coffers.

It's all academic anyway if we don't come through the replay, c'mon Dale!
Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 20:08 - Nov 10 with 2294 viewsdingdangblue

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 19:56 - Nov 10 by richfoad32

Both reasonably local to me so from a purely selfish point of view it's a decent draw, horrible in every other way though. I've never been to Aldershot so would prefer that and as has been said above, there's an outside chance of it being televised especially as they would have just knocked out a 'name' club. Our record in televised games may not be the greatest but at least it will put some extra money in the coffers.

It's all academic anyway if we don't come through the replay, c'mon Dale!

Have they chosen the televised replay game yet? That might be Aldershot v Portsmouth in which case can't see them being on again. Can see Hartlepool v Blythe Spartans, Bristol City v Basingstoke/Telford being chosen for 2nd round. Maybe Barnsley v Chester or even bury v Luton.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2014 20:10]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 20:14 - Nov 10 with 2245 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Must admit that I have about as much enthusiasm for rounds 1 and 2 of the FA Cup than I do for the Johnston's Sherpa Freight Van LDV Paint Shield thingy. Wake me up if we're still in it by the time of the third round.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 20:15 - Nov 10 with 2230 viewsjudd

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 20:14 - Nov 10 by BigDaveMyCock

Must admit that I have about as much enthusiasm for rounds 1 and 2 of the FA Cup than I do for the Johnston's Sherpa Freight Van LDV Paint Shield thingy. Wake me up if we're still in it by the time of the third round.

Fookin' glory HUNTER

Poll: What is it to be then?

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 20:20 - Nov 10 with 2183 viewsPDIDDY

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 19:43 - Nov 10 by Fondles

Think its safe to assume Hartlepool match will be 1st on that list

They are 50 miles apart, so hardly the LOCAL derby everybody is going on about but yes it will be on tv

Gissa job

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 20:22 - Nov 10 with 2170 viewsTVOS1907

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 20:08 - Nov 10 by dingdangblue

Have they chosen the televised replay game yet? That might be Aldershot v Portsmouth in which case can't see them being on again. Can see Hartlepool v Blythe Spartans, Bristol City v Basingstoke/Telford being chosen for 2nd round. Maybe Barnsley v Chester or even bury v Luton.

According to Whitey, Chester have drawn the biggest club still in the draw.

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 20:27 - Nov 10 with 2139 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 20:15 - Nov 10 by judd

Fookin' glory HUNTER

If we got to the FA Cup final we'd get there by avoiding a 'big' Premiership money-spinning draw (as Millwall did in 2003) we'd play Millwall in the final and we'd get drawn against Uzbekistan's equivalent of Leyton Orient in the following season's Europa League.

Leeds and a few other games aside, we're just not a cup club. Bury won it you know when people, who are not in ISIS, still thought thunder and lightening was because the gods were angry.

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 20:27 - Nov 10 with 2135 viewsrichfoad32

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 20:08 - Nov 10 by dingdangblue

Think Hartlepool is probably a given. Can't see it being Bristol City though, looks too one sided and not enough chance of a 'cupset'. Who knows what will be behind their thinking.
Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 20:48 - Nov 10 with 2021 viewsDaley_Lama

When Bristol City got drawn out at home with 4 balls to go, I played to the FG's that we were not the next ball out and that I'd take any of the others, be it played home, away or in Abu Dhabi.

Poll: DF in or out

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 20:50 - Nov 10 with 2008 viewsdean7321

Why do we always get crap draws

Poll: best ever center back

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 20:51 - Nov 10 with 1998 viewsjudd

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 20:27 - Nov 10 by BigDaveMyCock

If we got to the FA Cup final we'd get there by avoiding a 'big' Premiership money-spinning draw (as Millwall did in 2003) we'd play Millwall in the final and we'd get drawn against Uzbekistan's equivalent of Leyton Orient in the following season's Europa League.

Leeds and a few other games aside, we're just not a cup club. Bury won it you know when people, who are not in ISIS, still thought thunder and lightening was because the gods were angry.

Explain our LEAGUE CUP FINAL appearance then

Poll: What is it to be then?

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 20:58 - Nov 10 with 1957 viewsTTNYear

We could have tied the game in with a bury fans forum if it was Abu Dhabi tbf
[Post edited 10 Nov 2014 20:58]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 21:19 - Nov 10 with 1859 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Away at Aldershot or Portsmouth.... on 20:51 - Nov 10 by judd

Explain our LEAGUE CUP FINAL appearance then

It was the 1960s - Carnaby Street - where the hair is getting longer and the skirts are getting shorter. Free love, acid, opening the doors of perception and nobody else was in it apart from us, Norwich and Workington Match Girls.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024