Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendo & Done 22:10 - Nov 29 with 1865 viewsR_AFC

New poster on here.

To me, we look weak when attacking without the Hendo and Done partnership. When one of the two isn't playing, the other doesn't look like scoring. Especially without Done, Henderson didn't play as well as he should. Also, I don't think we have much attacking power on the bench. When bringing on a striker from the bench, they never look like scoring to me. However, on a positive, I think the defence has many options and usually seem solid whatever back four is on the field.

Up the dale!
Poll: Who would you want to see in net against Barnsley?

Hendo & Done on 23:18 - Nov 29 with 1794 views442Dale

Would agree with some of that. Neither Henderson or Done are typical 'centre forwards' but they've come up with a way of playing that makes them an effective pair, especially the way they play wide and drift in. When either one of the two isn't there, it looks like a wideman playing up front.

We've had five games when one of the two have been missing: 3 defeats, a draw and the late win v Northampton.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hendo & Done on 10:41 - Nov 30 with 1656 viewssteofthedale

Over the summer, with the sale of Hogan (and to a lesser extent gorgeous George) the need to recruit suitable replacements was much discussed. However none of us I think realised just how effective the Done/Henderson partnership would prove. I think the current blip has more to do the impact of 2 red cards rather than the midfield issues.

I seems a little uncharitable to criticise Muldoon and Andrew who have had limited opportunities to make any impression yet.

steofthedale*

Hendo & Done on 12:19 - Nov 30 with 1552 viewsboromat

Agree completely with the comments about hendo and done. I don't think you can underestimate the importance of Vincenti in the equation as well the three of them had some goals between them early on.

I feel a bit sorry for the more out and out strikers in the team like Muldoon and Andrew because the way we play changes when these players come in and as a team we're not giving them the chances they need. The lack of opportunities in front of goal recently has been severe.

Hopefully in a couple of games time we'll be back to a full available and full fit squad firing on all cylinders.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024