Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6700 attendance 17:56 - Jan 3 with 4586 viewsaleanddale

Good pay day but a disappointment only 3800 home fans.
6700 attendance on 18:04 - Jan 3 with 2812 views442Dale

They had 2900? I thought the home turn out was quite good.

I do wish we'd think ahead though, make an all ticket game have more value and tell people to keep hold of their ticket stubs for possible future games.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

6700 attendance on 18:05 - Jan 3 with 2794 viewsrochdale1987

It was always going to happen being all ticket, pay on the day for home fans would have been fine, given that forest sold nowhere near their allocation. We would of had at least another thousand there.
6700 attendance on 18:05 - Jan 3 with 2791 viewsSuddenLad

Thought Forest's entire allocation was 2,500.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

6700 attendance on 18:05 - Jan 3 with 2785 viewsolympicdale

Always liable to happen for all ticket matches, eliminates potential floater fans on the day, cracking atmosphere in the Pearl street though!

Life is a game of fate.

6700 attendance on 18:06 - Jan 3 with 2777 viewsirisaln

I wonder where we could have fitted in another 3000 to bring it up to the full house 10500?
6700 attendance on 18:06 - Jan 3 with 2744 viewsmexmike

Doesn't help attract new fancy when some tit in the sandy is constantly having digs at people coming as it's a big game, chanting 1 nil to the season tickets and when a chant about a player shouting if you dont know his name just clap along.
Sorry mate, you're not funny, no wonder we struggle to get new fans.
6700 attendance on 18:14 - Jan 3 with 2659 views1907

6700 attendance on 18:06 - Jan 3 by mexmike

Doesn't help attract new fancy when some tit in the sandy is constantly having digs at people coming as it's a big game, chanting 1 nil to the season tickets and when a chant about a player shouting if you dont know his name just clap along.

People who say the main stand is full of moaning bastards need to go and sample the knob heads of the Sandy Lane. They are FAR superior.
6700 attendance on 18:34 - Jan 3 with 2536 viewsYouTubeDale

We have got to have added at least another 200 regular fans after that spirited performance today. It's this type of game that adds momentum to our future gates.
We did ourselves plenty of favours today.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Login to get fewer ads

6700 attendance on 18:37 - Jan 3 with 2510 views442Dale

6700 attendance on 18:34 - Jan 3 by YouTubeDale

We have got to have added at least another 200 regular fans after that spirited performance today. It's this type of game that adds momentum to our future gates.
We did ourselves plenty of favours today.

Yeah, especially if you promote the next game to a captive audience.

6700 attendance on 18:49 - Jan 3 with 2423 viewsfrenzied

6700 attendance on 18:06 - Jan 3 by mexmike

Interesting that you mention that.

I get to about 8-10 home games and a couple of local away games a season..
but I too have seen an almost perverse inverted snobbery from a few Dale fans on these occasions...just be happy that these supporters have come on this occasion ..to deride their prescence aint helping
6700 attendance on 18:51 - Jan 3 with 2382 viewsmexmike

6700 attendance on 18:49 - Jan 3 by frenzied

Interesting that you mention that.

I get to about 8-10 home games and a couple of local away games a season..
but I too have seen an almost perverse inverted snobbery from a few Dale fans on these occasions...just be happy that these supporters have come on this occasion ..to deride their prescence aint helping

Definitely mate, I've followed dale since the 90's, I've had season tickets, done the goldbond rounds, but my new job means I can't get to every game now, so am I a less superior supporter now.

There's some right knobs in the sandy at times!
6700 attendance on 18:59 - Jan 3 with 2317 viewspnc4eva1

6700 attendance on 18:51 - Jan 3 by mexmike

Definitely mate, I've followed dale since the 90's, I've had season tickets, done the goldbond rounds, but my new job means I can't get to every game now, so am I a less superior supporter now.

I think you'll find it is not just refined to the Sandy but any stand of any football ground. I am a season ticket holder and personally don't care who comes as long as they spend their cash and come back every now and then. Cup matches will always attract floaters. A friend of mine who is an Oldham supporter came to watch today and was impressed.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

6700 attendance on 19:03 - Jan 3 with 2264 viewsTVOS1907

6700 attendance on 18:04 - Jan 3 by 442Dale

They had 2900? I thought the home turn out was quite good.

I do wish we'd think ahead though, make an all ticket game have more value and tell people to keep hold of their ticket stubs for possible future games.

Stop coming up with sensible, helpful suggestions.

Anyway, Forest following was 2611, making 4180 Dale fans.

If the game hadn't been all-ticket, I doubt the crowd would have been significantly different.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

6700 attendance on 19:13 - Jan 3 with 2192 viewsTVOS1907

6700 attendance on 18:59 - Jan 3 by pnc4eva1

I think you'll find it is not just refined to the Sandy but any stand of any football ground. I am a season ticket holder and personally don't care who comes as long as they spend their cash and come back every now and then. Cup matches will always attract floaters. A friend of mine who is an Oldham supporter came to watch today and was impressed.

Hope he wasn't in the wrong end.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

6700 attendance on 19:15 - Jan 3 with 2171 views442Dale

6700 attendance on 19:03 - Jan 3 by TVOS1907

If the game hadn't been all-ticket, I doubt the crowd would have been significantly different.

That's 4180 fans who should have a ticket which gives them priority for the next round. Make the supporter feel their patronage is valued and also create a system which actually makes the planning easier going forward.

6700 attendance on 19:29 - Jan 3 with 2058 viewsbennersdale

6700 attendance on 19:03 - Jan 3 by TVOS1907

That's a great home fans turnout, a vast improvement on recent league games.

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

6700 attendance on 19:33 - Jan 3 with 2011 viewsSuddenLad

6700 attendance on 19:29 - Jan 3 by bennersdale

That's a great home fans turnout, a vast improvement on recent league games.

Yes, and many will have undoubtedly been impressed by what they saw. Hopefully, some will have been sufficiently impressed to want to come back.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

6700 attendance on 19:37 - Jan 3 with 1981 viewsbennersdale

6700 attendance on 19:33 - Jan 3 by SuddenLad

Yes, and many will have undoubtedly been impressed by what they saw. Hopefully, some will have been sufficiently impressed to want to come back.

Fingers crossed Suddenlad, we could do with the dosh to try and hold on to our rising stars

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

6700 attendance on 20:33 - Jan 3 with 1827 viewsNinco

You've got to remember that Notts Forest were once a decent Premier League side and although they have lost their way a little, those fans they had in the Premier League don't just change their club because they are no longer Premier League. They stick by their team which is why they can bring a decent following.

We on the other hand have always been in the lower two divisions, so we have never had that Premier League fan base to retain.

It's a catch 22 situation. You need to play in a higher division to get more fans, but to get to that higher division, you need money and the only way you can get that money is by getting more fans.
6700 attendance on 22:46 - Jan 3 with 1676 viewstazzydjr

Perfect attendance about right for today could of been more could of been the best but we all know the reason behind it

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

6700 attendance on 22:47 - Jan 3 with 1657 viewsisitme

6700 attendance on 22:46 - Jan 3 by tazzydjr

Perfect attendance about right for today could of been more could of been the best but we all know the reason behind it

Rochdale is a poor town and many locals are not bothered about the football club?
6700 attendance on 22:51 - Jan 3 with 1624 viewsboromat

I was more disappointed with the away following to be honest, I was certain they'd fill the away stand. I suppose their lack of form is probably having an impact.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

6700 attendance on 22:53 - Jan 3 with 1607 views442Dale

6700 attendance on 22:51 - Jan 3 by boromat

I was more disappointed with the away following to be honest, I was certain they'd fill the away stand. I suppose their lack of form is probably having an impact.

I thought it was a good following. Their away support fluctuates quite a bit depending on form and 2k would have been my guess during the week.

6700 attendance on 00:27 - Jan 4 with 1512 viewsSandyman

Dear pail dale

3rd January 2015:

Attendance: 6,791 at Spotland today

And as Dagenham & Redbridge complete the double over bury down there, the game featuring the World's best supported club gets...

Attendance: 1,877
6700 attendance on 00:32 - Jan 4 with 1491 viewsfitzochris

6700 attendance on 18:51 - Jan 3 by mexmike

Same here, mate. But be careful, you get people creating alternate usernames on here and slagging you for stating the fact.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024