Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFR-Rochdale Blog 15:22 - Mar 1 with 3748 viewsVespa

I tire of the negativity surrounding Rochdale and the way it's portrayed in the press some times.

It's a bit long but nice to read some positive opinions, just thought I'd share.

http://angelsawake.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/rochdale-beyond-redemption.html?m=1

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

NFR-Rochdale Blog on 19:06 - Mar 1 with 3549 viewsashes

Just read this. Definitely worth a read.
NFR-Rochdale Blog on 19:13 - Mar 1 with 3534 viewsDomDale

I'm at a crossroads. I'm told by my parents , and grad parents who moved to the area, that Rochdale WAS a nice place once a upon a time. Friendly folk, jobs in a abundance.
I now feel embarrassed telling anyone I'm from here. I really shouldn't. The town has so much it could expand upon. It's in an ideal location transport wise for exploiting the business market but inept councils of both blue and red stripe fail to take advantage as neighbouring towns advance.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

NFR-Rochdale Blog on 19:34 - Mar 1 with 3507 viewsfitzochris

NFR-Rochdale Blog on 19:13 - Mar 1 by DomDale

I'm at a crossroads. I'm told by my parents , and grad parents who moved to the area, that Rochdale WAS a nice place once a upon a time. Friendly folk, jobs in a abundance.
I now feel embarrassed telling anyone I'm from here. I really shouldn't. The town has so much it could expand upon. It's in an ideal location transport wise for exploiting the business market but inept councils of both blue and red stripe fail to take advantage as neighbouring towns advance.

I'm the same, Dom. Told that it was a nice place once upon a time etc, etc but it has got gradually worse over the years and, as much as it pains me to say it, Bury town centre is much better these days.

That said, I am proud to be from Dale and never shy away from the fact, I just don't look at the town through rose-tinted spectacles.

As for the blog, I smiled at the reference to sledging down the hill at St Vinnies. Fond memories of doing that myself thirty years ago.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

NFR-Rochdale Blog on 21:42 - Mar 1 with 3375 viewsD_Alien

I take a perverse pride in telling people I'm from Rochdale, if they ask.

Although born and raised locally, I spend a lot of time in Cheshire these days though I've still got a place in Rochdale which I use when Dale are at home and occasionally when I'm doing work at the Infirmary.

Most folk in Cheshire think of Rochdale as the back of beyond - I'd compare it favourably with Stockport!!

The thing I always associate with Rochdale is a certain kind of independence of mind and spirit - a kind of "tha can't kid us lot, tha knows" attitude. The going's on down the road in Bury seem to illustrate this pretty well; just a few miles away, but their mindset might as well be a different country. (Not everyone, of course!) I put it down to our sense of isolation from the metropolitan centre, and proximity to the Pennine moors.

I enjoyed reading the piece too, especially the references to St Wilfrid's. A fabulous place to spend three very formative years.

[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 21:51]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

NFR-Rochdale Blog on 21:56 - Mar 1 with 3345 viewsflyerdale

I'm a proud Rochdalian and never fail to mention that's were I'm from. I'd much rather live here than some of the inner city slums in London, Manchester, Birmingham etc. The trouble is people think the grass is greener elsewhere but then find the same social and economic baggage associated with most towns and cities in the country.

Rochdale and proud.
NFR-Rochdale Blog on 23:02 - Mar 1 with 3294 viewsFondles

NFR-Rochdale Blog on 21:42 - Mar 1 by D_Alien

I take a perverse pride in telling people I'm from Rochdale, if they ask.

Although born and raised locally, I spend a lot of time in Cheshire these days though I've still got a place in Rochdale which I use when Dale are at home and occasionally when I'm doing work at the Infirmary.

Most folk in Cheshire think of Rochdale as the back of beyond - I'd compare it favourably with Stockport!!

The thing I always associate with Rochdale is a certain kind of independence of mind and spirit - a kind of "tha can't kid us lot, tha knows" attitude. The going's on down the road in Bury seem to illustrate this pretty well; just a few miles away, but their mindset might as well be a different country. (Not everyone, of course!) I put it down to our sense of isolation from the metropolitan centre, and proximity to the Pennine moors.

I enjoyed reading the piece too, especially the references to St Wilfrid's. A fabulous place to spend three very formative years.

[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 21:51]

Is that you sir Jimmy?
NFR-Rochdale Blog on 23:20 - Mar 1 with 3265 viewsD_Alien

NFR-Rochdale Blog on 23:02 - Mar 1 by Fondles

Is that you sir Jimmy?

I've got fond memories, not fondle memories!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024