Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rovers review 19:09 - Apr 11 with 3837 views442Dale

Good point but should have been all three on chances alone. Henderson's header in the first half, while not as bad a miss as that at Preston, should have been on target and he'll have been disappointed to chip straight at Bywater when through in the second half. There was also a header by Bennett (I think) which was at the keeper when anywhere else would have resulted in a goal. Vincenti and everyone else realised he'd chosen the wrong option to shoot in the last minute too.

We benefitted from Allen's return as we always look much more composed when he's an option, Logan did well out wide too; always looking to beat his man and get a cross in. The full backs are a bit of an issue with Cannon, Rafferty and Bennett all getting a go at RB, while Rafferty and Rose shared LB duties. Some of this is down to Kennedy not only being needed at centre half, but excelling there - MotM again for me.

Finishing the game with a midfield of Camps, Cannon and Allen against a decent Doncaster side illustrates the strides we've made bringing players through.

Oh, and Doncaster really is a soulless place.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rovers review on 19:23 - Apr 11 with 3744 viewsTalkingSutty

Agree with that, a bit more ruthless in front of goal and it would have been three points today. Logan surprised me with his performance i was very impressed with his first half display,Allan was also very good.
Rovers review on 19:53 - Apr 11 with 3581 viewsdingdangblue

Rovers review on 19:23 - Apr 11 by TalkingSutty

Agree with that, a bit more ruthless in front of goal and it would have been three points today. Logan surprised me with his performance i was very impressed with his first half display,Allan was also very good.

Surprised by the Logan comment, he's impressed me every time I've seen him - think he's a terrific prospect and looks very positive and very skillful on the ball. Cant wait to see more of him next season.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rovers review on 19:58 - Apr 11 with 3551 viewsTomRAFC

Both teams had patches of excellent flowing football and patches of clumsiness. Allen was superb but seemed a little frustrated at the lack of runs being made. TK was excellent as well.

Bennett seemed off the mark and Cannon's first touch was poor. Camps looked good when he came on. Logan was a mixed bag for me today. Great when he got the ball running but needed to make more runs. There was no way he was going to out muscle their defence if the ball came to his feet.

All in all the draw was a fair result. Decent showing by dale.

Would like to add a rare bit of praise. Doncaster's stewards and ground staff were ace. Car park folk were really helpful. Plenty serving behind the bar before the game. Two kids allowed to play football below the stand at half time. Top notch.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2015 20:00]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Rovers review on 20:39 - Apr 11 with 3350 viewsYouTubeDale

Vincenti hitting the post was our best chance.

The peculiar situation when deciding whether their goal counted is also a talking point. Jones saying a Doncaster player was offside and obstructing his view therefore interfering with play. The lino puts his flag up very, very late and we thought the goal didn't count. After a conflab the goal was given.

But in the first minute Raff goes in their penalty area and gets sandwiched by two defenders and brought down. But it was far too early in the game to give a penalty !!!

We worked a really good goal with Hendo finishing off but it was given offside. I hope the lino got that one correct.

The pitch was very bobbly and the wind didn't help.

Yes, it would have been good for Vincenti to score at the end of the game, but I didn't blame him for taking the shot on.

Oh, and that stadium is far too big for them. Talk about a lack of atmosphere !!!
[Post edited 11 Apr 2015 20:41]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Rovers review on 22:30 - Apr 11 with 3083 viewsRosun

Fuk knows where that wind came from.
Moved from the front of the stand to the back of the stand and it still made no difference.
TK man of the match for me too. He played in a number of positions and looks at home in all of them.
I feel really sorry for the Doncaster fans, a few I spoke to hark back to the glory days when they were playing at BelleVue. I guess it's a be careful what you wish for scenario, rattling round like peas in a drum in a 15k stadium.
Top stewards and a decent pre match pint in the Belle Vue bar.
See you next season.
Rovers review on 22:32 - Apr 11 with 3067 viewsR17ALE

Rovers review on 19:58 - Apr 11 by TomRAFC

Both teams had patches of excellent flowing football and patches of clumsiness. Allen was superb but seemed a little frustrated at the lack of runs being made. TK was excellent as well.

Bennett seemed off the mark and Cannon's first touch was poor. Camps looked good when he came on. Logan was a mixed bag for me today. Great when he got the ball running but needed to make more runs. There was no way he was going to out muscle their defence if the ball came to his feet.

All in all the draw was a fair result. Decent showing by dale.

Would like to add a rare bit of praise. Doncaster's stewards and ground staff were ace. Car park folk were really helpful. Plenty serving behind the bar before the game. Two kids allowed to play football below the stand at half time. Top notch.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2015 20:00]

"patches of clumsiness"

There were some terrific spells of clumsiness which indicated the pitch also plays hosts to egg chasing. Add to that the very strong winds and it's a miracle both sides were able to serve up a decent game.

As I commented at the time, it was, occasionally, like watching 22 kids having a kick about on Clement Royds Street with a rubber bouncy ball.

Bloody rugby spoiling football again. If 1mark1 can get the Greens to ban rugby, then he'll get my vote!! And he'll probably be the town's next MP.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Rovers review on 22:38 - Apr 11 with 3042 viewszxcvbnm

The pitch was atrocious, on the surface it looked to have lots of grass on it but it was like the Ricoh's with grass too long just incase the egg chasers graze their knees

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Rovers review on 23:20 - Apr 11 with 2966 viewsBingoballs

I played football to a decent standard here in West Yorkshire and I'd have dreamt of have playing on a surface like that, today players we're either under hitting or other hitting a pass, you can't blame the surface for that.
Login to get fewer ads

Rovers review on 23:46 - Apr 11 with 2913 viewsdale4ever

Rovers review on 23:20 - Apr 11 by Bingoballs

I played football to a decent standard here in West Yorkshire and I'd have dreamt of have playing on a surface like that, today players we're either under hitting or other hitting a pass, you can't blame the surface for that.

The pitch was fine to look at, it was bobbling badly though in many areas. Found it difficult to see the white lines too.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2015 23:47]
Rovers review on 10:30 - Apr 12 with 2678 viewsboromat

When I first arrived I thought brilliant we'll be able to play some good stuff on this surface. But then we kicked off and at times the ball mid pass would jump a foot in the air it was that bobbly.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Rovers review on 13:06 - Apr 12 with 2541 viewsTVOS1907

Rovers review on 20:39 - Apr 11 by YouTubeDale

The peculiar situation when deciding whether their goal counted is also a talking point. Jones saying a Doncaster player was offside and obstructing his view therefore interfering with play. The lino puts his flag up very, very late and we thought the goal didn't count. After a conflab the goal was given.

But in the first minute Raff goes in their penalty area and gets sandwiched by two defenders and brought down. But it was far too early in the game to give a penalty !!!

We worked a really good goal with Hendo finishing off but it was given offside. I hope the lino got that one correct.

Yes, it would have been good for Vincenti to score at the end of the game, but I didn't blame him for taking the shot on.

Oh, and that stadium is far too big for them. Talk about a lack of atmosphere !!!

I disagree that the stadium is too big for them.

When it was built, Doncaster were on the up and heading for the Championship. They were regularly getting 6000-7000 home fans which, coupled with the larger away followings, meant the stadium was an ideal size.

Add to that all the surrounding facilities and the other events the stadium has hosted and it's clearly been a success moving from Belle Vue.

It's only this season that their crowds have dropped off again. They had lost four consecutive home games before yesterday and their season is effectively over, so it's no surprise that there was no atmosphere and a lower crowd.

Like Chesterfield, they have built a ground that is ideal when they are doing well, but like all clubs, it looks different when they struggle.

We could argue Spotland is too big for us.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rovers review on 13:35 - Apr 12 with 2472 viewsDaley_Lama

Still non-plussed that Raff wasn't given a penalty in the first minute.

Poll: DF in or out

Rovers review on 13:43 - Apr 12 with 2455 viewsTalkingSutty

Rovers review on 13:35 - Apr 12 by Daley_Lama

Still non-plussed that Raff wasn't given a penalty in the first minute.

Never a penalty, Rafferty was looking for it.
Rovers review on 13:50 - Apr 12 with 2429 viewsDaley_Lama

Ok, I'm now non-plussed that the ref didn't book him as he did with Main 15 minutes later.

ps A player looking for a penalty does not mean it is not a penalty, as years of watching the Premiership shows us all.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 13:50]

Rovers review on 14:13 - Apr 12 with 2385 viewsTVOS1907

Rovers review on 13:50 - Apr 12 by Daley_Lama

Ok, I'm now non-plussed that the ref didn't book him as he did with Main 15 minutes later.

ps A player looking for a penalty does not mean it is not a penalty, as years of watching the Premiership shows us all.

Nor does the fact that it wasn't a foul mean it was simulation!

It was Wabara who was booked for diving, not Main.

Rovers review on 14:22 - Apr 12 with 2345 viewsPDIDDY

How did ex shagger Kyle bennett play?saw that he scored.

Gissa job

Rovers review on 14:35 - Apr 12 with 2313 viewsTalkingSutty

Rovers review on 13:50 - Apr 12 by Daley_Lama

I just thought Rafferty went down pretty easily, not saying he dived but the fact he hit the ground wasn't as a result of being fouled, that was my interpretation of the incident anyway. I thought the ref made a good decision.

Doncasters goal was a different kettle of fish though, Jones was hindered by a player standing in a offside position(interfering with play) , it should have been chalked off.

Edit.. Credit to the ref, just seen the highlights and I think he was correct in awarding the goal, not as much interference as first appeared.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 14:44]
Rovers review on 17:15 - Apr 12 with 2135 viewsoff2div1

Rovers review on 20:39 - Apr 11 by YouTubeDale

There was a player on the line interfearing with play stoping Jones diving for it Deffo Offside
Rovers review on 19:00 - Apr 12 with 2046 viewsDickydaler

Rovers review on 17:15 - Apr 12 by off2div1

There was a player on the line interfearing with play stoping Jones diving for it Deffo Offside

Jones dive for the ball? Don't be silly!
Rovers review on 20:02 - Apr 12 with 1937 viewsD_Dale

Rovers review on 14:35 - Apr 12 by TalkingSutty

I just thought Rafferty went down pretty easily, not saying he dived but the fact he hit the ground wasn't as a result of being fouled, that was my interpretation of the incident anyway. I thought the ref made a good decision.

Doncasters goal was a different kettle of fish though, Jones was hindered by a player standing in a offside position(interfering with play) , it should have been chalked off.

Edit.. Credit to the ref, just seen the highlights and I think he was correct in awarding the goal, not as much interference as first appeared.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 14:44]

IMO, for what it's worth (nothing, really), Donny would have been very unlucky to have had their goal disallowed.

But that first-minute 'penalty' did seem like a genuine foul. It's a pity the highlights didn't include it.

The decision to disallow Henderson's 'goal' appears less clear cut from the video, but the angle makes a firm opinion difficult.
Rovers review on 20:57 - Apr 12 with 1857 viewsD_Dale

Rovers review on 13:06 - Apr 12 by TVOS1907

I disagree that the stadium is too big for them.

When it was built, Doncaster were on the up and heading for the Championship. They were regularly getting 6000-7000 home fans which, coupled with the larger away followings, meant the stadium was an ideal size.

Add to that all the surrounding facilities and the other events the stadium has hosted and it's clearly been a success moving from Belle Vue.

It's only this season that their crowds have dropped off again. They had lost four consecutive home games before yesterday and their season is effectively over, so it's no surprise that there was no atmosphere and a lower crowd.

Like Chesterfield, they have built a ground that is ideal when they are doing well, but like all clubs, it looks different when they struggle.

We could argue Spotland is too big for us.

Had Donny lost four consecutive home games before yesterday? According to Soccerbase, there were defeats by Bradford, Swindon and Peterborough, but the previous home fixture, on 28 Feb, was a 2-0 win over Colchester.
Rovers review on 21:08 - Apr 12 with 1833 viewsTVOS1907

Rovers review on 20:57 - Apr 12 by D_Dale

Had Donny lost four consecutive home games before yesterday? According to Soccerbase, there were defeats by Bradford, Swindon and Peterborough, but the previous home fixture, on 28 Feb, was a 2-0 win over Colchester.

Ah yes, you're right. I think I had it in my mind that if we won it would have been four consecutive losses.

Rovers review on 22:34 - Apr 12 with 1717 viewsD_Dale

Rovers review on 21:08 - Apr 12 by TVOS1907

Ah yes, you're right. I think I had it in my mind that if we won it would have been four consecutive losses.

"Even Homer nods."
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 22:39]
Rovers review on 00:09 - Apr 13 with 1619 viewsDaley_Lama

The last 15 minutes were odd for me.

Dale seemed gung-ho, Donny pedestrian.

Donny needed to win or season over. A draw for us was not the end of the world.

As it is, only Dale, Fleetwood or Bradford have any hope of catching Chesterfield, woth Donny, Barnsley, Posh and Oldham out of it most likely even with 12 points from 4.

Cheeky L2 upstarts to the fore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024