Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley Travel 11:40 - Apr 30 with 2222 viewsscooby

So, fishul site has the following up:

"Delays could be possible due to the Tour de Yorkshire, which will see teams of cyclists ride their way through 16km of Barnsley.

The following roads will be affected in the town centre - Eldon Street, Regent Street, Church Street, St Mary’s Gate and Church Lane . These will be closed from 10am until approximately 3pm to any form of public vehicle, although there will be access for pedestrians until shortly before and directly after the race.

Roads outside of the town centre include: A61 Barnsley Road, A61 Wakefield Road, A61 Old Mill Lane, A635 Huddersfield Road, A635 Wilthorpe Road, A635 Barugh Green Road, A635 Lane Head Road. These will be subjected to closures from 12.20pm to 1.15pm as part of rolling road closures.

Read more at http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/barnsley-important-travel-info-2428528

In simple terms for someone who doesn't know the area, just what the feck does that mean for getting there? Need to add i will have Papa Chaff with us, so minimal walking required. Where is best to park for easy access??
Barnsley Travel on 11:46 - Apr 30 with 2202 viewsBrighouseDale

If you're going on the motorway you should be fine, down the M1 til J37, then follow the A628 to the ground.

For those going by train, maybe take a push bike?

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Barnsley Travel on 12:21 - Apr 30 with 2116 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Le Tour de Yorkshire seems to be a bit of a very damp squib( or even squid) at the moment......not a great deal of interest brewing.

A bit early in season per chance?

The Grande departe was in July.
Barnsley Travel on 18:18 - Apr 30 with 1929 views442Dale

Head for the Metrodome, there are a couple of car parks as you approach it - one basically a field but pretty close to the ground. Not sure on the street parking restrictions around there.

The Metrodome is ok to go for a pint as well, either in its own bar or if we're deemed as massive as former European Champions Nottingham Forest, they may have temporary bars open in the sports hall bit.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024