Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. 14:34 - May 10 with 15739 viewsWhiteyBFC

On twitter.

Would he?
Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 14:42 - May 10 with 6260 viewsmingthemerciless

I'd be very surprised. In no way is that a step up.
Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 14:45 - May 10 with 6242 viewsWhiteyBFC

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 14:42 - May 10 by mingthemerciless

It'd be a slightly small step up, but in my opinion not enough of one to make it worthwhile.

Dean Saunders favourite. God knows how/why.
Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 14:55 - May 10 with 6194 viewsfunkkk

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 14:42 - May 10 by mingthemerciless

Of course it's a step up, can't see it though.
Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 15:01 - May 10 with 6158 views442Dale

Is Cook off to Pompey then?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 15:04 - May 10 with 6145 viewsfitzochris

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 14:55 - May 10 by funkkk

A small step up but a comparatively unambitious one. I would hope he wouldn't leave us again after just one season in League One, especially for a club that only marginally outperformed us over the season.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 15:21 - May 10 with 6062 viewstazzydjr

It'd be like me going on Barnsley forum and posting a thread called "LJ Sacked by Christmas"

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 15:52 - May 10 with 5983 viewselectricblue

Its all about asparations and if a club can match that with decent wages, decent players wages budget....

Then i dont see why not..

But Hill as had his fingers burnt........so would he!

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 15:57 - May 10 with 5967 viewsmingthemerciless

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 14:55 - May 10 by funkkk

I may be a bit slow but why is that a step up ?
Login to get fewer ads

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 16:17 - May 10 with 5910 viewsAtThePeake

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 15:57 - May 10 by mingthemerciless

They finished above us, have more financial strength, have a new ground, have more fans,

Tangled up in blue.

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 16:23 - May 10 with 5882 viewsfunkkk

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 15:57 - May 10 by mingthemerciless

As the post above says really. They are far, far better placed to support Championship football than we are.
Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 16:23 - May 10 with 5882 viewsBigKindo

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 16:17 - May 10 by AtThePeake

They finished above us, have more financial strength, have a new ground, have more fans,

Are you sure. Wasn't it a well publicized fact a few months ago that are £ 8 million in the red.
Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 16:35 - May 10 with 5845 viewswmgunit

If they're so well placed for Championship football then why did Paul Cook leave for a league 2 side?
Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 17:31 - May 10 with 5675 viewsjokerthief

Of course its a step in the right direction.....If Rochdale had any ambition at all, they would have bought Jack O,Connell for a measly 200 grand...It wasn't an outlay too big..It was an obvious investment..He would be worth 10 times that amount in 2 or 3 years...But Rochdale would have accepted a paltry 400 grand..
Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 18:09 - May 10 with 5547 viewsD_Dale

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 16:23 - May 10 by BigKindo

Are you sure. Wasn't it a well publicized fact a few months ago that are £ 8 million in the red.

And accordingly a very hands-on board - anyone appointed as Chesterfield manager should expect to be 100% accountable to the chairman.
Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 18:12 - May 10 with 5529 viewsSuddenLad

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 18:09 - May 10 by D_Dale

And accordingly a very hands-on board - anyone appointed as Chesterfield manager should expect to be 100% accountable to the chairman.

As Keith says, 'pick the Chairman, not the club'.

They owe too much money for another thing. It will bite them in the arse sooner rather than later.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 18:40 - May 10 with 5445 viewsroccydaleian

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 17:31 - May 10 by jokerthief

Of course its a step in the right direction.....If Rochdale had any ambition at all, they would have bought Jack O,Connell for a measly 200 grand...It wasn't an outlay too big..It was an obvious investment..He would be worth 10 times that amount in 2 or 3 years...But Rochdale would have accepted a paltry 400 grand..

Do you think we could pay the wage he's on at Brentford?
Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 18:44 - May 10 with 5419 viewsTalkingSutty

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. on 18:12 - May 10 by SuddenLad

As Keith says, 'pick the Chairman, not the club'.

They owe too much money for another thing. It will bite them in the arse sooner rather than later.

Fred Ratcliffe
Lyndon Symmonds
Steve Taylor
Peter Madden
The Fighting Fund guys and gals who manned the tea stalls
The old Dale supporters club
The Kilpatricks
David Clough
Chris Dunphy
Supporters who stick with the club through thick and thin
The great escape
Steve Parkin and the players he recruited
Gary Jones ( I couldn't resist)

Keith hill has brought us riches we could never have dreamed of and is undoubtedly our best manager ever but without the above role of honour he wouldn't have had a job at Rochdale because there wouldn't be a club ( or possibly not). Build a statue to one of the Chairman or Cloughy before a manager.

You don't leave Rochdale to go to Chesterfield if your commited to the long haul. He needs to move to a decent sized Championship Club when the opportunity arises, anything else is underselling himself.

No matter what happens in the future let's not lose sight of the bigger picture, the club is bigger than any individual and the reason we support the club.
[Post edited 10 May 2015 18:48]
Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. (n/t) on 19:33 - May 10 with 5258 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Of coarse he would!

Expect a denial, a permission to speak to and a confirmation in the coming weeks.

Déjà vu as predicted.

[Post edited 10 May 2015 19:36]

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. (n/t) on 19:56 - May 10 with 5162 viewsmightydale

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. (n/t) on 19:33 - May 10 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Of coarse he would!

Expect a denial, a permission to speak to and a confirmation in the coming weeks.

Déjà vu as predicted.

more chance of tazzy getting a season ticket then hill going to Chesterfield.
exciting times to be a Rochdale fan

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. (n/t) on 19:59 - May 10 with 5151 viewsTalkingSutty

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. (n/t) on 19:33 - May 10 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Of coarse he would!

Déjà vu as predicted.

Gotta disagree with you on this one Mr Boot. I credit Hilly with having plenty of intelligence and don't see him giving up a good secure job for anything less than a decent sized Champioship Club.

He can afford to wait, secure a fantastic salary/contract and he will be set up for life. His next move is the big one and I don't see a Chestefield coming into the equation, he's better than Chesterfield!!

We don't have the desire from the Boardroom or some of our fanbase to push for the Championship so anybody with ambitions reaching higher than league one needs to move on and we should wish them well, you can't knock people for reaching for the stars. It's all about knowing your limitations.
Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. (n/t) on 20:03 - May 10 with 5127 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. (n/t) on 19:56 - May 10 by mightydale

more chance of tazzy getting a season ticket then hill going to Chesterfield.
exciting times to be a Rochdale fan

Exciting?

A great achievement to get into league one, but our manager and chairman have no appetite to push on as proved on GMR.

Since the Stoke game, this season has been a bore.

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. (n/t) on 20:23 - May 10 with 5055 views442Dale

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. (n/t) on 20:03 - May 10 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Exciting?

A great achievement to get into league one, but our manager and chairman have no appetite to push on as proved on GMR.

So when Andrew scored that late winner v Port Vale and the play-offs looked on again it was boring? We might have fallen short, but it wasn't a bore.

Even the defeats against Swindon and MK were great games to watch, something surely we all want when heading to a match?

I can recognise disappointment at some performances and choices by the manager, but football wise I don't expect much more than what we've seen over the last campaign. If people are expecting a play-off challenge every year, for once I'm on the "expectations are too high" bandwagon. But then again, I don't think that's the case.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. (n/t) on 20:37 - May 10 with 5000 viewsTalkingSutty

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. (n/t) on 20:03 - May 10 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Exciting?

I know were you are coming from but being realistic on home support of 2500 it doesn't give you much incentive, even Fleetwood get bigger crowds.

Double that home support and it gives the Chairman and directors a realistic chance of progressing the club but it must be a bit soul destroying knowing that our highest ever finish in our 108 year history failed to attract a increase in attendances.

I feel sorry for Hilly and the players, they deserve much better.

Our home attendances will always hold us back and they are how the rest of the footballing world judge the size of the club, in that respect we are not that far in front of Accrington and Morecambe and they are playing in league two.
[Post edited 10 May 2015 20:44]
Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. (n/t) on 20:46 - May 10 with 4948 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. (n/t) on 20:37 - May 10 by TalkingSutty

I know were you are coming from but being realistic on home support of 2500 it doesn't give you much incentive, even Fleetwood get bigger crowds.

Double that home support and it gives the Chairman and directors a realistic chance of progressing the club but it must be a bit soul destroying knowing that our highest ever finish in our 108 year history failed to attract a increase in attendances.

I feel sorry for Hilly and the players, they deserve much better.

Our home attendances will always hold us back and they are how the rest of the footballing world judge the size of the club, in that respect we are not that far in front of Accrington and Morecambe and they are playing in league two.
[Post edited 10 May 2015 20:44]

They do TS, however the negative talk regarding expectations and the play offs doesn't inspire people.

We limped to our highest ever finish in all honestly and KH calling the game we achieved it a dead rubber, sums it up really.

We need to sell the dream, something that fans and potential fans can feel a part of!

I'm not sure that anyone knows what that dream is tbh.

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. (n/t) on 20:57 - May 10 with 4909 viewsTalkingSutty

Keith linked to Chesterfield job.. (n/t) on 20:46 - May 10 by SteTsGoldenBoot

They do TS, however the negative talk regarding expectations and the play offs doesn't inspire people.

We limped to our highest ever finish in all honestly and KH calling the game we achieved it a dead rubber, sums it up really.

We need to sell the dream, something that fans and potential fans can feel a part of!

I'm not sure that anyone knows what that dream is tbh.

Agree 100%. Shout from the rooftops, even use a loudspeaker on Yorkshire a Street. It can even be a load of bullsh*t and hard to believe but you have got to try to sell it when the opportunity presents itself. Double glazing salesmen have been getting away with it for decades.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024