Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daggers has signed for 12:44 - Jun 10 with 5971 viewsmacro

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33080351
Daggers has signed for on 13:10 - Jun 10 with 4234 viewsJumeirahDale

Going to admit I didn't guess that one!

Fair play to him, broadening his horizons and probably picking up a good bit of cash.
Daggers has signed for on 13:10 - Jun 10 with 4226 viewstazzydjr

Hope the Indian side get him back to his scoring way's in hindsight him moving to Leyton Orient looked a bad move

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Daggers has signed for on 13:27 - Jun 10 with 4172 viewspioneer

Good luck to him - I hope he is making a fortune because Kerala is a god awful place - the poorest part of India. I was there several years ago - watching the cricket world cup on giant TV in the hotel lounge when a rat the size of a small horse ran straight in front of the TV! Disabled kids on the streets begging etc etc. Not a place I enjoyed and was only there for a week.
Daggers has signed for on 13:34 - Jun 10 with 4149 viewsdingdangblue

Daggers has signed for on 13:10 - Jun 10 by tazzydjr

Hope the Indian side get him back to his scoring way's in hindsight him moving to Leyton Orient looked a bad move

At 2-0 up against Rotherham in the Wembley Play off final it wasn't a bad move. Crazy his penalty miss sent Rotherham up and a year later Orient find themselves in the 4th tier.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Daggers has signed for on 13:41 - Jun 10 with 4134 viewsSuddenLad

Daggers has signed for on 13:27 - Jun 10 by pioneer

Good luck to him - I hope he is making a fortune because Kerala is a god awful place - the poorest part of India. I was there several years ago - watching the cricket world cup on giant TV in the hotel lounge when a rat the size of a small horse ran straight in front of the TV! Disabled kids on the streets begging etc etc. Not a place I enjoyed and was only there for a week.

Wrong. Kerala is the richest state in India. It has the highest 'per state yield' of any Indian state, has the fastest growing economy of the Indian states and has a literacy level of over 90%. It was until recently the only state in India run by a communism based body. Three International airports, a huge IT industry based in the main city and a massive agriculture and tourism industry.

I have been several times and it makes Goa look like a ghetto.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Daggers has signed for on 14:01 - Jun 10 with 4082 viewsJumeirahDale

Kids begging on the street is unfortunately prevalent in every village, town and city in India. Can't claim to know myself but I have a few friends who have been to Kerala and said it was beautiful, very good food as well.
Daggers has signed for on 14:04 - Jun 10 with 4069 viewsdingdangblue

Dagnall's agent rang him up and said "listen Chris, we've got 2 options, Hilly wants you back at Rochdale but we've also had interest from Indian side Kerala. Now as tempting as it sounds, think it through carefully, the place is a dump, poverty, begging in the streets, unemployment, vermin running around in broad daylight, a right shit hole". Dagnall "What's Kerala like then"?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Daggers has signed for on 14:40 - Jun 10 with 3985 viewsaleanddale

Daggers has signed for on 14:04 - Jun 10 by dingdangblue

Dagnall's agent rang him up and said "listen Chris, we've got 2 options, Hilly wants you back at Rochdale but we've also had interest from Indian side Kerala. Now as tempting as it sounds, think it through carefully, the place is a dump, poverty, begging in the streets, unemployment, vermin running around in broad daylight, a right shit hole". Dagnall "What's Kerala like then"?

He he

Very good DDB.

Self depreciate is what we do best!!!

Despite the fact the town is an up and coming jewel!! Work in progress.
Login to get fewer ads

Daggers has signed for on 15:17 - Jun 10 with 3913 viewsrafc1984

Daggers has signed for on 13:41 - Jun 10 by SuddenLad

Wrong. Kerala is the richest state in India. It has the highest 'per state yield' of any Indian state, has the fastest growing economy of the Indian states and has a literacy level of over 90%. It was until recently the only state in India run by a communism based body. Three International airports, a huge IT industry based in the main city and a massive agriculture and tourism industry.

I have been several times and it makes Goa look like a ghetto.

I agree. Kerela is a beautiful place, the food is amazing and it has some great beaches. Very fond memories for me.
Daggers has signed for on 15:46 - Jun 10 with 3858 viewsdavidab2202

Perhaps he was just in a bit of a curry to get his future sorted
Daggers has signed for on 16:52 - Jun 10 with 3687 viewsD_Alien

Daggers has signed for on 15:46 - Jun 10 by davidab2202

Perhaps he was just in a bit of a curry to get his future sorted

He'll be able to find plenty of spice in the box over there

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Daggers has signed for on 17:01 - Jun 10 with 3655 viewsleedsdale

Daggers has signed for on 16:52 - Jun 10 by D_Alien

He'll be able to find plenty of spice in the box over there

That should give him time to tikka his chances
Daggers has signed for on 17:02 - Jun 10 with 3654 viewsPDIDDY

Daggers has signed for on 14:04 - Jun 10 by dingdangblue

Top notch , great how some people can laugh at themselves or their surroundings, pity pissy can't, he must be at work today,

Gissa job

Daggers has signed for on 17:21 - Jun 10 with 3592 viewsDaleiLama

Daggers has signed for on 17:01 - Jun 10 by leedsdale

That should give him time to tikka his chances

I wonder if the police still say aloo, aloo, aloo there?
Will he take all his family or just his naan?
If it gets too hot, he may start to Sag in the second half?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Daggers has signed for on 18:39 - Jun 10 with 3427 viewsD_Alien

Daggers has signed for on 17:21 - Jun 10 by DaleiLama

I wonder if the police still say aloo, aloo, aloo there?
Will he take all his family or just his naan?
If it gets too hot, he may start to Sag in the second half?

Lets hope he gets to biriyani chances before then

[Post edited 10 Jun 2015 18:40]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Daggers has signed for on 18:48 - Jun 10 with 3399 viewssissy

Daggers has signed for on 17:02 - Jun 10 by PDIDDY

Top notch , great how some people can laugh at themselves or their surroundings, pity pissy can't, he must be at work today,

Obsessed.

"Sign here please". #lol #clareslaw

Daggers has signed for on 19:08 - Jun 10 with 3335 viewspioneer

Daggers has signed for on 15:17 - Jun 10 by rafc1984

I agree. Kerela is a beautiful place, the food is amazing and it has some great beaches. Very fond memories for me.

Well I suppose it depends on which part of the state one visits and in what capacity.

I was working in the state capital, at one point called Trivandrum but name changed to something completely unpronounceable. It had the highest social development score in India (literacy and basic health measures) because of the investments made by the communist administration going back to the 1950s but the National government based its transfer payments to states on social development (as opposed to economic development) which meant that while at the time it was the poorest state economically it was a net contributor to the national government - hence the extreme poverty.

Yes I saw poverty were ever I went in India but this was by far the worst (though I cant claim to have traveled everywhere in the country)

However this is going back 10 years so maybe its now the Las Vegas of India. The coastal places around Trivandrum were attractive so for tourists its probably wonderful- but not sure that puts food in the bellies of the poor.

There is a great book "health status of Kerala: the paradox of economic backwardness and health development" by Panikar and Soman that lays out the roots of these challenges.
Daggers has signed for on 19:24 - Jun 10 with 3296 viewsPDIDDY

Daggers has signed for on 18:48 - Jun 10 by sissy

Obsessed.

Gissa job

Daggers has signed for on 19:43 - Jun 10 with 3252 viewsDaleiLama

Daggers has signed for on 18:39 - Jun 10 by D_Alien

Lets hope he gets to biriyani chances before then

[Post edited 10 Jun 2015 18:40]

He knocks enough in he'll be in the land of nod as soon as his head hits the pilau.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Daggers has signed for on 19:47 - Jun 10 with 3237 viewsSuddenLad

Daggers has signed for on 19:08 - Jun 10 by pioneer

Well I suppose it depends on which part of the state one visits and in what capacity.

I was working in the state capital, at one point called Trivandrum but name changed to something completely unpronounceable. It had the highest social development score in India (literacy and basic health measures) because of the investments made by the communist administration going back to the 1950s but the National government based its transfer payments to states on social development (as opposed to economic development) which meant that while at the time it was the poorest state economically it was a net contributor to the national government - hence the extreme poverty.

Yes I saw poverty were ever I went in India but this was by far the worst (though I cant claim to have traveled everywhere in the country)

However this is going back 10 years so maybe its now the Las Vegas of India. The coastal places around Trivandrum were attractive so for tourists its probably wonderful- but not sure that puts food in the bellies of the poor.

There is a great book "health status of Kerala: the paradox of economic backwardness and health development" by Panikar and Soman that lays out the roots of these challenges.

At different times, I've stayed at Kochi, Kovalam, Munnar, Kanyakumari (Tamil Nadu), Allepey and yes, there is some poverty but on a far smaller scale than in other states.

Kerala is one of the few states that has decent sanitation, quality hotels, it has an abundance of places to eat though the emphasis is heavily on vegetarian food - but don't let that put you off.

The rail network is easily accessible, reliable and cheap. Even in the many very decent hotels, food is cheap (by our standards) and the scenery in the country and up in the Ghats has to be seen to be believed.

It's nothing like Las Vegas and the capital is called Thiruvananthapuram. A bustling city, a few miles from the coast with a fantastic market area and a blaze of colours, smells and flavours. Had my specs made there at a fraction of the UK cost.

Top place, well worth a visit. It's also the sports capital of Kerala. Daggers will see some massive cultural changes, but I doubt that he will be disappointed.

[Post edited 10 Jun 2015 19:55]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Daggers has signed for on 20:11 - Jun 10 with 3171 viewssissy

Daggers has signed for on 19:24 - Jun 10 by PDIDDY

Funny you should post on this thread given your club are aiming at the Indian market.

"Sign here please". #lol #clareslaw

Daggers has signed for on 21:42 - Jun 10 with 2999 viewsColDale

Just reading that his new boss will be Peter Taylor and Sachin Tendulkar is listed as one of the owners of the club.
Daggers has signed for on 22:05 - Jun 10 with 2940 views49thseason

I bet the Indian market is bigger than the world famous bury market!
Daggers has signed for on 23:12 - Jun 10 with 2802 viewsdingdangblue

Daggers has signed for on 19:43 - Jun 10 by DaleiLama

He knocks enough in he'll be in the land of nod as soon as his head hits the pilau.

Same old Dagnall, always Pakora-ing.

Daggers has signed for on 06:36 - Jun 11 with 2698 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Daggers has signed for on 14:01 - Jun 10 by JumeirahDale

Kids begging on the street is unfortunately prevalent in every village, town and city in India. Can't claim to know myself but I have a few friends who have been to Kerala and said it was beautiful, very good food as well.

...a bit like Liverpool.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024