Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilly not happy with certain players? 09:31 - Aug 1 with 3628 viewsfitzochris

Anyone know where this interview has come from? It turned up on the Rochdale Fan App.

Regardless, it's quite revelatory about his thoughts on our current squad.

Rochdale manager Keith Hill admits he will have to sign some more players to get his team up to the high standard he requires.

Dale have made several signings so far this summer, bringing in the likes of Lewis Alessandra, Donal McDermott and Jim NcNulty.

Hill still isn’t completely happy with his squad, though, and hopes to bring in some new names before the League One kick-off.

“I need to go into the transfer market because I want improvement and on evidence of what I’ve seen there are one or two players that can’t take us further,” he said.

“It’s no good using the same players and expecting them to get better. One or two players have been left behind and while I’m good friends with those players, this is a ruthless business.

“I’m in a hurry to bring in at least one or two players. We need to make sure we’re strong in certain areas of the pitch but we’ll never know just how good we are until we face Peterborough next week.

“I believe that one or two of the players that performed exceptionally well last season are falling a bit short and, in my eyes, that’s not good enough.

“At the start of pre-season I told some of the players in no uncertain terms what was required and they haven’t turned up with those developments.”

With that said, Hill is glad to have got through almost all of pre-season with the majority of his team intact.

“I’m reasonably happy as we more or less have a clean bill of health with the players that have played regularly throughout these friendly games,” he said.

“Rhys Bennett will be back in training in the next one or two weeks and Matty Lund had his operation on his knee on Wednesday.”

Dale host MK Dons in their final pre-season friendly this afternoon.

League rivals Bury also host a side promoted from League One last term as they welcome Preston to Gigg Lane.

Wigan Athletic, who were relegated from the Championship last term, finish their pre-season campaign away to Blackburn.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 10:09 - Aug 1 with 3495 viewsAucklandjeff

Its from an interview on DalePlayer
Hilly not happy with certain players? on 10:10 - Aug 1 with 3483 viewsChaffRAFC

All this was in his post Accrington interview.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 10:13 - Aug 1 with 3459 viewsfitzochris

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 10:09 - Aug 1 by Aucklandjeff

Its from an interview on DalePlayer

Cheers. I don't have DalePlayer so end up missing stuff like this. Should probably sign up to it.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 10:13 - Aug 1 with 3459 viewsMoonyDale

Having seen the pre season games I have my own thoughts on at least 2 players who seem to be struggling.....Or as Hilly says, may not have improved from last season..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 10:22 - Aug 1 with 3412 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 10:13 - Aug 1 by MoonyDale

Having seen the pre season games I have my own thoughts on at least 2 players who seem to be struggling.....Or as Hilly says, may not have improved from last season..

Bunny and either Lillis or Lancashire would be my guess, come on dont be shy, share your thoughts with the forum.
Hilly not happy with certain players? on 10:37 - Aug 1 with 3362 viewsBrierls

There's a few that could fall into that category. Lillis, Lancashire & Bunney aren't good enough for this level. RNL needs to show something and quickly. For all his effort, I think Rafferty struggles a bit at this level too. Lillis is the biggest worry, none of the others will start.
Hilly not happy with certain players? on 10:58 - Aug 1 with 3274 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 10:37 - Aug 1 by Brierls

There's a few that could fall into that category. Lillis, Lancashire & Bunney aren't good enough for this level. RNL needs to show something and quickly. For all his effort, I think Rafferty struggles a bit at this level too. Lillis is the biggest worry, none of the others will start.

Its starting to worry me this, i agree with you on all points.
Cannons a good young prospect but i reckon Hillys given him a rocket after Tuesdays game. I am all for enthusiasm but he goes barging into both the man and the ball when its not needed, the balls going over the touchline for a throw- in and he just wipes eveybody out. He needs to be careful. Also he needs to stop overplaying and play the simple pass. Still a good young prospect though, but he's raw.
Hilly not happy with certain players? on 11:09 - Aug 1 with 3229 viewsMoonyDale

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 10:22 - Aug 1 by TalkingSutty

Bunny and either Lillis or Lancashire would be my guess, come on dont be shy, share your thoughts with the forum.

Bunny, Lillis, Lazarus are three I had in mind, I have a feeling hilly had a couple more in mind also. Hilly's "friends" comment was an interesting turn of phrase.

Login to get fewer ads

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 11:34 - Aug 1 with 3122 viewsnordenblue

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 11:09 - Aug 1 by MoonyDale

Bunny, Lillis, Lazarus are three I had in mind, I have a feeling hilly had a couple more in mind also. Hilly's "friends" comment was an interesting turn of phrase.

Bunney and Lillis were bobins last season tbf,they've stood still rather than going backwards.Bunney has never been anywhere near good enough for every week league 1 football
Hilly not happy with certain players? on 11:55 - Aug 1 with 3040 viewsAtThePeake

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 11:09 - Aug 1 by MoonyDale

Rose?

Tangled up in blue.

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 11:56 - Aug 1 with 3035 viewsYouTubeDale

A public bollocking without mentioning names isn't a bad thing. Some players won't make it, that's obvious and that is the skill of management knowing when to get rid/ loan out, knowing that there is no more value added to come. Mind games to get that extra out of the lads, to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Playing MK Dons this afternoon will be a totally different kettle of fish. The players needed to adapt to the high grass and physical nature of the Accy game and they were found wanting. Today they have to adapt again to the fast flowing football and higher technical skills, much more the type of game that will present itself against Peterborough.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 11:57 - Aug 1 with 3027 views1mark1

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 11:34 - Aug 1 by nordenblue

Bunney and Lillis were bobins last season tbf,they've stood still rather than going backwards.Bunney has never been anywhere near good enough for every week league 1 football

Is Bunney good enough for ONE week of League 1 football?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 12:01 - Aug 1 with 3014 viewsMoonyDale

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 11:55 - Aug 1 by AtThePeake

Rose?

My thoughts exactly...

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 12:28 - Aug 1 with 2906 viewsnordenblue

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 11:57 - Aug 1 by 1mark1

Is Bunney good enough for ONE week of League 1 football?

In a word NO,but neither is Lillis in all honesty
Hilly not happy with certain players? on 12:33 - Aug 1 with 2885 viewsTVOS1907

Rose?

I wouldn't be too sure about that as Hill made his comments after the Accrington game in which Rose didn't figure.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 17:53 - Aug 1 with 2362 viewsoff2div1

Rose?

Is he still at the club, not heard any mention on hear for a while,.Though he was one of hilly,s mates, last season chances he had when we had much beter players on the bench.
Hilly not happy with certain players? on 18:14 - Aug 1 with 2275 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 17:53 - Aug 1 by off2div1

Is he still at the club, not heard any mention on hear for a while,.Though he was one of hilly,s mates, last season chances he had when we had much beter players on the bench.

indeedy he is still here......played against Uddersfield (gave away the first goal)
Hilly not happy with certain players? on 18:16 - Aug 1 with 2268 viewsToffeemanc

Rose came on as a second half sub today in the holding role. Have to say he played well too, and I'm not of fan of him in a midfield role.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Hilly not happy with certain players? on 18:24 - Aug 1 with 2223 viewsTVOS1907

Has hardly played pre-season, but came on as sub today.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024