Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar 10:00 - Sep 26 with 5266 viewsmeeee

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 13:37 - Sep 26 with 5169 views1mark1

Totally wrong. If a country is unfit to hold it in Summer, for instance due to natural conditions not being suitable, then they should be ruled out of hosting the tournament. Are the conditions still going to be suitable enough in Nov/Dec?

Hope the football league, still insist on a normal league programme at least for League 1 and 2, and below, and look at possibility that there will be NO postponements for loss of players to the World Cup.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 15:03 - Sep 26 with 5101 viewsD_Alien

2022 is 7 years away (obvs.)

The point is, there's a lot can happen in the meantime. If we're still discussing a winter World Cup in Qatar in 2 years time, it'll probably be too late to change it, but let's just wait and see what happens inside FIFA first.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 15:32 - Sep 26 with 5071 viewspioneer

The terms of bidding for 2022 and the bid submitted by Qatar was for a summer world cup. If the conditions in the country are not suitable to hold a world cup in the summer their bid should not have been considered. FIFA officials spend oodles of doh assessing the bids and visiting the bidding countries. Did they not notice the temperature.

Europe should boycott the tournament if it is not played in summer and in a suitable location.
Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 17:45 - Sep 27 with 4861 viewsChaffRAFC

I happen to agree with this dude.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 22:39 - Sep 27 with 4728 viewsShun

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 13:37 - Sep 26 by 1mark1

Totally wrong. If a country is unfit to hold it in Summer, for instance due to natural conditions not being suitable, then they should be ruled out of hosting the tournament. Are the conditions still going to be suitable enough in Nov/Dec?

Hope the football league, still insist on a normal league programme at least for League 1 and 2, and below, and look at possibility that there will be NO postponements for loss of players to the World Cup.

I'm sure I read at the time in the paper that as FIFA want the whole world to be focussing on their centrepiece when it's on, ALL leagues will be postponed for the month of the World Cup. Hopefully that's wrong though!
Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 22:58 - Sep 27 with 4722 views1mark1

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 22:39 - Sep 27 by Shun

I'm sure I read at the time in the paper that as FIFA want the whole world to be focussing on their centrepiece when it's on, ALL leagues will be postponed for the month of the World Cup. Hopefully that's wrong though!

Lets hope not. If that's the case, hold it in the Summer like usual, in a country that can properly hold it.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 01:57 - Sep 28 with 4676 viewsdownunder

Murphy's law that this will go through, and then the UK/Europe will suffer a weather bomb through January and February. Disruption to all leagues, players on strike due to too many games in too short a time period, money lost by the clubs that can't afford it.
Or they could tell Qatar and FIFA to stick it where the sun don't shine, elect some people who are not corrupt, and use a bit of common sense.
Who else heard "alarm bells ringing", when Qatar was announced as hosts?
Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 08:01 - Sep 28 with 4626 viewsNigeriamark

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 01:57 - Sep 28 by downunder

Murphy's law that this will go through, and then the UK/Europe will suffer a weather bomb through January and February. Disruption to all leagues, players on strike due to too many games in too short a time period, money lost by the clubs that can't afford it.
Or they could tell Qatar and FIFA to stick it where the sun don't shine, elect some people who are not corrupt, and use a bit of common sense.
Who else heard "alarm bells ringing", when Qatar was announced as hosts?

You just have to hope that during the current FIFA inquiry, especially now that Blatter has been pulled in, that they find evidence regarding the Qatar/Russia bidding. May be too late to change Russia, but whoever takes over FIFA has the chance to show some balls and scrap the original decision. However I doubt they will
Login to get fewer ads

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 11:09 - Sep 28 with 4558 viewsolimakindoha

Whether it is right or wrong at the end of the day Qatar will be hosting the 2022 world cup in my eyes theres no doubt about. In my opinion every country deserves the right to hold this event if they are capable of doing so. You cant say you cant have it because its too hot in summer must find an alternative, which they have done and get on with it. Every other league in europe virtually has a winter break so why cant we.
I tell you one thing when it is all ready out here it will be very special, you wont see better looking stadiums in the world when they have completed them and the whole country will be geared up to host a world cup. It is frightening the amount of money these guys have actually got and are throwing at this Qatar 2022 project. Temps in nov and dec will be maximum 25/30 in the day and will get down to close to single figures during the night so perfect for football. I keep thinking look at it with an open mind and you actually think WOW this is going to be some world cup.

Just my opinion!!!
Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 11:17 - Sep 28 with 4545 viewsD_Alien

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 11:09 - Sep 28 by olimakindoha

Whether it is right or wrong at the end of the day Qatar will be hosting the 2022 world cup in my eyes theres no doubt about. In my opinion every country deserves the right to hold this event if they are capable of doing so. You cant say you cant have it because its too hot in summer must find an alternative, which they have done and get on with it. Every other league in europe virtually has a winter break so why cant we.
I tell you one thing when it is all ready out here it will be very special, you wont see better looking stadiums in the world when they have completed them and the whole country will be geared up to host a world cup. It is frightening the amount of money these guys have actually got and are throwing at this Qatar 2022 project. Temps in nov and dec will be maximum 25/30 in the day and will get down to close to single figures during the night so perfect for football. I keep thinking look at it with an open mind and you actually think WOW this is going to be some world cup.

Just my opinion!!!

I respect your opinion, but you're turning the issue of hosting the tournament into a kind of United Nations debate - which is precisely what FIFA has done, leading to wholesale corruption.

It's really very simple. It's a football tournament, and needs to be played in conditions conducive to good football. Just as Dale wouldn't play every other home game on the old Cassy Gabs pitch as a sop to the good folk on that side of town, neither should nations whose inherent climate and conditions mitigate against good football be allowed to host it.

And, should Dale change their playing day/time to a Sunday night because it'd be more convenient for Castleton than a Saturday afternoon?

[Post edited 28 Sep 2015 11:20]

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 11:42 - Sep 28 with 4516 viewsolimakindoha

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 11:17 - Sep 28 by D_Alien

I respect your opinion, but you're turning the issue of hosting the tournament into a kind of United Nations debate - which is precisely what FIFA has done, leading to wholesale corruption.

It's really very simple. It's a football tournament, and needs to be played in conditions conducive to good football. Just as Dale wouldn't play every other home game on the old Cassy Gabs pitch as a sop to the good folk on that side of town, neither should nations whose inherent climate and conditions mitigate against good football be allowed to host it.

And, should Dale change their playing day/time to a Sunday night because it'd be more convenient for Castleton than a Saturday afternoon?

[Post edited 28 Sep 2015 11:20]

It is totally different than dale playing on a different day to cassy gabs that just isent even an argument. Exactly they have moved it to the winter because the conditions will be perfect to play football in. I just think lets have something different and actually give it a go before we start moaning about it because we cant go watch 'our dale' for a month. They'll still be 46 league games that get played.

Its not going to affect good football though as will be played like i said in perfect footballing conditions, it will be pretty much like a good english summer.
Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 12:48 - Sep 28 with 4461 viewsrod_leach

And it will leave the summer free to enjoy the cricket!
Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 12:54 - Sep 28 with 4450 viewsdingdangblue

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 12:48 - Sep 28 by rod_leach

And it will leave the summer free to enjoy the cricket!

Depends on how they plan to fit in this 'lost month' of games? The 2022/23 season may start in July instead of August? Or finish in June instead of May?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 13:20 - Sep 28 with 4429 viewsflyerdale

Every part of theifa is corrupt, even uefa can't be trusted with that anti English prat Plattini in charge. They are killing off international football at an alarming pace with the corruption involved, Russia are culprites as well as Qatar in filling the pockets of Blatter and his cronies with oil money so they can host the biggest spectacle in world sport.

Time for the European football associations to breakaway from thiefa and put an end to all this complete nonsense.
Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 14:23 - Sep 28 with 4401 viewsdingdangblue

What happens if we have Nov/Dec off in 2022/23 and it snows/freezes in January!!!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 14:38 - Sep 28 with 4394 viewspioneer

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 11:42 - Sep 28 by olimakindoha

It is totally different than dale playing on a different day to cassy gabs that just isent even an argument. Exactly they have moved it to the winter because the conditions will be perfect to play football in. I just think lets have something different and actually give it a go before we start moaning about it because we cant go watch 'our dale' for a month. They'll still be 46 league games that get played.

Its not going to affect good football though as will be played like i said in perfect footballing conditions, it will be pretty much like a good english summer.

I expect they will be applying for the winter olympics next.

Bottom line is they have not complied with the terms of the bid - failed to live up to their commitments, which were to hold a world cup in the northern hemisphere summer.

If the bid did not address this issue and/or if those clowns/thieves who were in charge of the bid process did not grill the bidders on this then blame lies there, not with the European football leagues.

I suppose you could say, with apologies to Harry Truman, if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen.

In the meantime it looks like Mr Blatter might be watching it from a prison cell.
Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 15:08 - Sep 28 with 4379 viewsMBoothman

Complete rubbish.

I hate the argument that we need to hold these tournaments in diverse environments to grow the sport; typical FIFA bullshit. It is simply money. Money, money, money.

Mark my words, the next thing will be Premier League games outside of England, then franchises worldwide; the rich Qataris/Azeris/Saudis/whoever see sport as a status symbol and will gladly throw their ill-gotten billions around to act out their fantasies in real life.

Yes. That IS Sako.

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 18:36 - Sep 28 with 4321 viewsSalwaDale

Agree, it shouldn't ever have been given to Qatar, and then moved. However, I also agree it will be a fantastic world cup there.

TBBT

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 19:15 - Sep 28 with 4300 viewsD_Alien

Fifa confirm winter world cup in Qatar on 11:42 - Sep 28 by olimakindoha

You've missed the point entirely.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024