Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilly's thoughts. 15:18 - Nov 13 with 1605 viewsdingdangblue

Still doesn't want to use the loan market. Wants to persevere with what we've got but admits to having recently picked players struggling with form. After 1 win in 8 league games is he being realistic? More injuries this week to contend with, its been a very testing few months. Hopefully we can win tomorrow but its going to be a difficult task.

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/keith-hills-pre-match-interview-wig
[Post edited 13 Nov 2015 15:19]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hilly's thoughts. on 15:41 - Nov 13 with 1527 viewsflyerdale

Hopefully the new French lad can kick on and give us another option attacking as Donal McDermott seems to have gone off the boil a bit and Andrew is struggling with form. Up to Bunney now to really show us if he's up to the job in hand.
Hilly's thoughts. on 15:42 - Nov 13 with 1518 viewsTalkingSutty

I suppose he is utilising his squad and showing faith in them. At the start of the season he is given a budget which he has to juggle until the seasons end. The budget is there to maximise our chances of league one survival which is our main aim.

The only way Hilly can be criticised is if there is still money in the pot at the end of the season and we are relegated to League Two. With us having probably the lowest budget in League one I don't envisage the manager not spending it in order to strengthen as the season progresses, that would be daft.His problem will be not having enough money I would have thought.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2015 15:45]
Hilly's thoughts. on 16:00 - Nov 13 with 1450 viewszxcvbnm

Keeping his powder dry as well - £100k in from the bury game plus January coming up.

A number of players are out of contract at the end of the season wouldn’t be surprised to see some ‘squad shaping’ in January

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Hilly's thoughts. on 16:43 - Nov 13 with 1339 viewsisitme

Hilly's thoughts. on 16:00 - Nov 13 by zxcvbnm

Keeping his powder dry as well - £100k in from the bury game plus January coming up.

A number of players are out of contract at the end of the season wouldn’t be surprised to see some ‘squad shaping’ in January

I suppose it depends how long the injured players will be out for. There is no point getting loan players in who will take time to adjust to our way of play for a game or two who will then be sitting in the stands.

I agree that there could be players coming in in January who are part of Hill's long term plans. I would expect many of the players who are out of contract in the summer to be released.
Hilly's thoughts. on 16:53 - Nov 13 with 1303 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly's thoughts. on 16:43 - Nov 13 by isitme

I suppose it depends how long the injured players will be out for. There is no point getting loan players in who will take time to adjust to our way of play for a game or two who will then be sitting in the stands.

I agree that there could be players coming in in January who are part of Hill's long term plans. I would expect many of the players who are out of contract in the summer to be released.

I suppose Hilly is looking for improvement from the players, some will stagnate or even go backwards. I think we have seen a little bit of that already this season from certain players. It's about performing on a consistent basis and a few seem to struggle with that concept. Those are the ones who will be recycled.
Hilly's thoughts. on 17:06 - Nov 13 with 1271 viewsaleanddale

Hilly's thoughts. on 15:41 - Nov 13 by flyerdale

Hopefully the new French lad can kick on and give us another option attacking as Donal McDermott seems to have gone off the boil a bit and Andrew is struggling with form. Up to Bunney now to really show us if he's up to the job in hand.

Big John will have to kick on!!

Not the finest debut on Tues.

It was a difficult introduction I suppose but league one will be no easier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024