Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pougatch 19:45 - Nov 17 with 3007 viewsD_Alien

Listening to him questioning whether tonight's game should be going ahead is just excruciating.

If the French team didn't want to be there, they wouldn't be there. The least he could do would be to allow them the right to have their own feelings prevail instead of questioning it right from the outset.

And who cares what Wright, Dixon and Scholes think? Karembeau told him his nation wanted to be positive now, and he should've left it at that.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pougatch on 20:22 - Nov 17 with 2916 viewsSuddenLad

I'd agree, bvut there has been some suggestion that some of the French players 'would rather not be there' tonight and Hugo Loris, as captain, was hardly 'enthusiastic' about the game when asked. He also appeared a bit hesitant when asked whether the players were 'unanimous' in wanting to play the fixture.

Well done the lot of them, just for being there I'd say.

Pougatch would have been better ignoring that elemant of the fixture altogether and simply concentrating on the game itself. Looking for a 'mischievous' angle to the game is sometimes understandable.

Tonight wasn't the night for that an Pougatch got it wrong.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Pougatch on 20:39 - Nov 17 with 2875 viewsfunkkk

The quizzing of Hodgson was a bit unnecessary, he's a football manager not a politician.
Pougatch on 20:50 - Nov 17 with 2838 views442Dale

Pougatch on 20:39 - Nov 17 by funkkk

The quizzing of Hodgson was a bit unnecessary, he's a football manager not a politician.

Yeah. I thought he dealt with it pretty well but you could tell he was uncomfortable in not wanting to say the wrong thing.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pougatch on 20:57 - Nov 17 with 2817 viewsTVOS1907

Pougatch on 20:22 - Nov 17 by SuddenLad

I'd agree, bvut there has been some suggestion that some of the French players 'would rather not be there' tonight and Hugo Loris, as captain, was hardly 'enthusiastic' about the game when asked. He also appeared a bit hesitant when asked whether the players were 'unanimous' in wanting to play the fixture.

Well done the lot of them, just for being there I'd say.

Pougatch would have been better ignoring that elemant of the fixture altogether and simply concentrating on the game itself. Looking for a 'mischievous' angle to the game is sometimes understandable.

Tonight wasn't the night for that an Pougatch got it wrong.

To be fair to him, I imagine his producer has come up with the script and 'angle'.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pougatch on 21:03 - Nov 17 with 2785 viewsD_Alien

Pougatch on 20:57 - Nov 17 by TVOS1907

To be fair to him, I imagine his producer has come up with the script and 'angle'.

Possibly, but he seemed to want to pursue it beyond the point where anyone with any sensitivity would wish to go. Still harping on about it as the first half ended before the adverts came on.

Pougatch on 21:19 - Nov 17 with 2719 viewsrochdaleriddler

some of the French team didn't want to be there they weren't consulted

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pougatch on 23:29 - Nov 17 with 2604 viewsD_Alien

Pougatch on 21:19 - Nov 17 by rochdaleriddler

some of the French team didn't want to be there they weren't consulted

That's a huge oversimplification.

Their FA made a decision (as a national body) that the game should go ahead, as a demonstration that terrorists can't be allowed to dictate to us. (The cancellation of the Germany v Holland game was due to an imminent threat, a different matter.)

If any French player had pulled out for personal reasons, they could've done so. Or, travelled but quietly asked their coach not to involve them on the pitch. No one did, and that included a player, Diarra, who lost his cousin in the attacks.

The insensitivity involved trying to prise open this issue on live television, which to my mind was completely the wrong thing to do.

Pougatch on 23:35 - Nov 17 with 2592 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It was a good game too.......perhaps the French were a little subdued but I really enjoyed it.

Well done one and all and Viva La France.

Did Deli Alli play at San Spotty last season for the Donks?........Good player.
Login to get fewer ads

Pougatch on 23:42 - Nov 17 with 2559 viewsDale92

That's wrong, all the french players were asked if they would like to play us after the attacks and all stated they wanted too. Their was a few articles stating this.

This is the One, I've waited for

Pougatch on 23:54 - Nov 17 with 2534 viewsdingdangblue

Pougatch on 23:35 - Nov 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

It was a good game too.......perhaps the French were a little subdued but I really enjoyed it.

Well done one and all and Viva La France.

Did Deli Alli play at San Spotty last season for the Donks?........Good player.

He did! Number 14 with the back heel for their 3rd goal.

And at Stadium Mk. Set up their opener but then lost the ball for ours.

[Post edited 17 Nov 2015 23:59]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pougatch on 09:38 - Nov 18 with 2346 viewswatford_dale

Pougatch on 23:29 - Nov 17 by D_Alien

Their FA made a decision (as a national body) that the game should go ahead, as a demonstration that terrorists can't be allowed to dictate to us. (The cancellation of the Germany v Holland game was due to an imminent threat, a different matter.)

If any French player had pulled out for personal reasons, they could've done so. Or, travelled but quietly asked their coach not to involve them on the pitch. No one did, and that included a player, Diarra, who lost his cousin in the attacks.

The insensitivity involved trying to prise open this issue on live television, which to my mind was completely the wrong thing to do.

Plus the FA needs the cash to keep paying off the stadium, there's no way on god's earth that was going to happen PLUS the fact that a nothing match prior to the bombings has gained more importance and along with that increased ticket sales.
Pougatch on 12:34 - Nov 18 with 2232 viewsD_Alien

Pougatch on 09:38 - Nov 18 by watford_dale

Plus the FA needs the cash to keep paying off the stadium, there's no way on god's earth that was going to happen PLUS the fact that a nothing match prior to the bombings has gained more importance and along with that increased ticket sales.

Well done for cheapening the event.

The English FA, to whom you refer, have no influence over the French FA. If you can only see the narrow opportunity for commercial gain then I guess you'll ascribe that motivation to others too.

Pougatch on 12:58 - Nov 18 with 2184 viewsdingdangblue

Pougatch on 09:38 - Nov 18 by watford_dale

Explain exactly how England v France is a nothing match? They are hosting the Euro Tournament and will be one of the favourites to win it.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pougatch on 21:15 - Nov 19 with 1993 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pougatch on 23:29 - Nov 17 by D_Alien

not trying to simplify, just stating what I read in the times on Monday.Deschamps was not involved in the decision making either.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pougatch on 21:38 - Nov 19 with 1974 viewsD_Alien

Pougatch on 21:15 - Nov 19 by rochdaleriddler

not trying to simplify, just stating what I read in the times on Monday.Deschamps was not involved in the decision making either.

Yeah, we'd all read or heard the same. And French managers/footballers are just puppets? Difficult as it was (and their performance reflected it), if they'd not wanted to be there, they wouldn't have been there, and the French FA wouldn't have risked looking like complete tools by "forcing" them to be under the volatile circumstances.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024