Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales v Portugal 11:42 - Jul 5 with 1871 viewsD_Alien

The media are billing this as Bale v Ronaldo, but that's an insult to the rest of the Welsh squad - and the Portugese squad too.

I'd be fully behind Wales anyway, but seeing them knock that stupid grin off Ronaldo's face would be the icing on the cake. I can admire his skills but the shirt-ripping pose (usually after scoring a simple goal) does nothing for me whatsoever. Nani's another one who takes himself far too seriously.

I'm hoping both sides can settle their nerves and play an open game. If they do, we could be in for another cracker.

Is there anyone still hoping Wales get beat? Getting to the final will, IMO, add further weight to the already obvious points that've been made about the coaching, organisation and attitude of the English squad. If Wales can do it, there's nothing stopping England doing the same, except ineptitude at the highest level.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Wales v Portugal on 11:57 - Jul 5 with 1851 viewsJimmyRustler

I hope Portugal lay the smackdown on them but I can't see it happening.
Wales v Portugal on 12:59 - Jul 5 with 1788 viewsdingdangblue

i just cant support Wales after they celebrated England's defeat - sorry.
Semi Final is good enough for them.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Wales v Portugal on 15:03 - Jul 5 with 1717 viewsScunnydale

Definitely backing Wales for this (as I have done for every match apart from the England one).

After the way we performed v Iceland, even I could have been accused of 'celebrating'. I wasn't, I just couldn't stop laughing for a while. I don't get this fixation with the way Wales celebrated our defeat. We're 'rival' countries (however friendly on occasion) and, when we got knocked out, they were the last Home Nation left in the tournament. It being their first tournament appearance since 1958, I can allow them to get a bit giddy. Same goes for Bale's words. I take them with a pinch of salt as the Welsh were (and still are) underdogs. All he was trying to do was stoke their support and get under the English skin. As supporters of a fellow underdog (Dale, not England), surely we can understand what he was getting at?

As D_Alien said, the better Wales do, the more clown-like our FA, coaches and players look. Clearly not much has changed in the wake of our previous tournament embarrassments, so perhaps this is the only way to get those in change to wake up.

Cymru am byth!
Wales v Portugal on 16:50 - Jul 5 with 1637 viewsEllGazzell

Come on you Dragons!

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Wales v Portugal on 10:36 - Jul 6 with 1521 viewsTomRAFC

Backing Wales for the same reason I wanted Iceland to do well.

Great team effort and spirit all the way. It's good to see.

Yes they celebrated beating us but who doesn't celebrate a win ffs? Remember when Portugal knocked us out on penalties? For more irritating!

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Wales v Portugal on 10:56 - Jul 6 with 1506 viewslurker

Wales v Portugal on 10:36 - Jul 6 by TomRAFC

Yes they celebrated beating us but who doesn't celebrate a win ffs? Remember when Portugal knocked us out on penalties? For more irritating!

Wales didn't beat us. In fact, we are the only team to get the better of them in the tournament, which is quite funny.

Wales are going to miss Ramsey far more than any other player, especially given the defensive strength of the Portugal midfield. I honestly don't think Bale's form has been particularly good in the tournament thus far, by his standards, and he needs to turn up with some dynamic play tonight for Wales to open things up.

If Pepe misses out that could be a boost. Ronaldo blowing hot and cold suits Wales too.

It could be a close game, but I think Portugal just have this annoying habit of not doing much but edging through. Don't think they'll win it all though!
Wales v Portugal on 11:04 - Jul 6 with 1491 viewsmacro

Wales v Portugal on 10:56 - Jul 6 by lurker

Wales didn't beat us. In fact, we are the only team to get the better of them in the tournament, which is quite funny.

Wales are going to miss Ramsey far more than any other player, especially given the defensive strength of the Portugal midfield. I honestly don't think Bale's form has been particularly good in the tournament thus far, by his standards, and he needs to turn up with some dynamic play tonight for Wales to open things up.

If Pepe misses out that could be a boost. Ronaldo blowing hot and cold suits Wales too.

It could be a close game, but I think Portugal just have this annoying habit of not doing much but edging through. Don't think they'll win it all though!

Portugal to reach the final having won no game in 90 minutes. Hoping for Wales though.
Wales v Portugal on 11:16 - Jul 6 with 1469 viewsAtThePeake

Wales v Portugal on 10:36 - Jul 6 by TomRAFC

They didn't celebrate beating us, they celebrated Iceland beating us, which is why I'll (hopefully) be celebrating Portugal beating them later on.

To be honest I'm jealous. I'm jealous of my Welsh mates from Uni who have seen their team in one tournament and have had so much fun supporting a team to be proud of. The first tournament I properly remember is 1998, so I've seen us in nine tournaments now and not once have I seen us reach a semi-final or even play well enough to get the whole country properly behind them and loving the tournament,. I'm so very jealous.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2016 11:27]

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Wales v Portugal on 11:20 - Jul 6 with 1453 viewschalkyncfc

I'm as welsh as Vincent Tan but I will be fully behind the leek chompers tonight,sod England they didn't put any effort into the Euro's as usual,competition after competition we get let down and I doubt that there isnt many players who WANT to play for their country anymore,I'm sure that some would prefer to watch the Euro's sunning themselves by a pool far,far away

C'mon Wales...

I'm Wales till I die,Wales till I die (or at least for 90 mins anyway)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024