Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread - Oldham 14:21 - Oct 29 with 9915 viewsboromat

Take a look at @philkinsella's Tweet:

No Hendo in the squad. I know it's early but very quiet in the ground at the minute.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2016 14:22]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread - Oldham on 14:48 - Oct 29 with 5519 viewscon_dale

Hendo's instagrame has lots of activity last couple of days at concert and party's?
Could this be anything to do with him being left out?
Match Thread - Oldham on 14:54 - Oct 29 with 5485 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread - Oldham on 14:48 - Oct 29 by con_dale

Hendo's instagrame has lots of activity last couple of days at concert and party's?
Could this be anything to do with him being left out?

Or he's not fit and taking a break?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread - Oldham on 14:56 - Oct 29 with 5469 viewsPorlicks

Employees of Herbalife have more important things to deal with. Since a July ruling by the US Federal Trade Commission:

"Product distributors will now be paid based on actual retail sales rather just buying the product for their own personal consumption.

Distributors will need to provide actual receipts of retail sales in order to be paid. Herbalife will rely on a mobile app to help track sales and distribution more closely."

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/15/ftc-determines-herbalife-is-not-a-pyramid-scheme-

Less red cards for us though.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2016 15:01]

Who are YOU with?

Match Thread - Oldham on 16:36 - Oct 29 with 5174 viewsSheffdale

Hope one goal will be enough - sounds a bit tight and nervy. Any news on Hendo's absence?
Match Thread - Oldham on 17:25 - Oct 29 with 4954 views442Dale

Solid display. Created some really good positions at times and it could have been more goals but we did well to weather the Oldham pressure too... though they really didn't ever look like scoring. Really poor side with some excellent support.

Didn't miss Henderson one bit and we look a much better team without him right now, especially defensively. No stars, but a good team.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread - Oldham on 17:31 - Oct 29 with 4910 viewsD_Alien

Not that interested in Hendo's absence, except to say he wasn't missed.

Others might disagree, but I thought that was a bloody great game of L1 football! Going in deservedly 1-0 up at half time it looked like there was only one team going to win, but fair play to Oldham, they gave it a right go second half and we were hanging on at the end. Both sides could've had a couple but for good goalkeeping and last ditch tackles and it was real end to end stuff - a proper derby, in fact.

We needed summat to shut the Latics up, and our goal was the perfect riposte to their racket. Cannon took some stick again today and no wonder he was given a rest with about 20 to go. Everyone put in a shift. Keane was back to his outstanding best, Bunney had another very good game, Lund did what he does and got the sponsors MoM, but for me, it has to be Calvin. He was everywhere - clearing the lines in defending set pieces, spraying the ball around in midfield, taking them on down the flanks and holding onto the ball to relieve the pressure.

Back to winning ways and clean sheets. That's the home derbies out of the way, and we've won the lot

[Post edited 29 Oct 2016 17:33]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread - Oldham on 17:32 - Oct 29 with 4908 viewsShun

Good game and a good team performance but a few stood out for me - Davies (he gets better every game), Bunney (a better left back than he's ever been a forward), Keane (how on Earth this man wasn't being played by a team third from bottom in the league below is absurd, fantastic defender).

I disagree about Oldham, 442, I thought they played well and were a lot better than Bury and on par with Bolton. Fantastic support too.

I agree about Henderson though. Currently we're a better team without him, but I'm sure he'll have his role to play again before the season is out.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2016 17:42]
Match Thread - Oldham on 17:51 - Oct 29 with 4728 viewsmoth5368

Match Thread - Oldham on 17:32 - Oct 29 by Shun

Good game and a good team performance but a few stood out for me - Davies (he gets better every game), Bunney (a better left back than he's ever been a forward), Keane (how on Earth this man wasn't being played by a team third from bottom in the league below is absurd, fantastic defender).

I disagree about Oldham, 442, I thought they played well and were a lot better than Bury and on par with Bolton. Fantastic support too.

I agree about Henderson though. Currently we're a better team without him, but I'm sure he'll have his role to play again before the season is out.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2016 17:42]

Can't argue with that assessment. Nice cameo from Rathbone as well. Kudos to the Oldham supporters.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread - Oldham on 17:55 - Oct 29 with 4678 viewsNinco

What happened at the end? I left as soon as Dale left the pitch but heard something about a few Oldham players staying on there to argue with fans.
Match Thread - Oldham on 17:58 - Oct 29 with 4638 viewsDannyG_RAFC

1995 Oldham fans
Match Thread - Oldham on 18:11 - Oct 29 with 4508 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread - Oldham on 17:25 - Oct 29 by 442Dale

Solid display. Created some really good positions at times and it could have been more goals but we did well to weather the Oldham pressure too... though they really didn't ever look like scoring. Really poor side with some excellent support.

Didn't miss Henderson one bit and we look a much better team without him right now, especially defensively. No stars, but a good team.

Disagree with your assessment of Oldham as a "really poor side"

The tactical change they made at half time had us struggling for the first 20 minutes of the second half, as their midfield dominated. Luckily for us, their final ball into the area fell kindly for us, and on another day, we'd have been in a high scoring game, as Dale had some very good chances that were either missed or well saved.

Overall, I thought it was a very good derby match, with plenty of incident, played at a high tempo and between two fully committed teams playing for the most part within the rules.

My MOM would have been either Calvin, Keane or Camps (after a slow start)

Huge credit to the Oldham fans for providing the loudest support we've heard in ages.
Match Thread - Oldham on 18:16 - Oct 29 with 4433 viewsBartRowou

The only player of theirs I'd have in our team is Clarke. I think the derby factor made them look better than they are.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Match Thread - Oldham on 18:17 - Oct 29 with 4424 views442Dale

Match Thread - Oldham on 18:11 - Oct 29 by dawlishdale

Disagree with your assessment of Oldham as a "really poor side"

The tactical change they made at half time had us struggling for the first 20 minutes of the second half, as their midfield dominated. Luckily for us, their final ball into the area fell kindly for us, and on another day, we'd have been in a high scoring game, as Dale had some very good chances that were either missed or well saved.

Overall, I thought it was a very good derby match, with plenty of incident, played at a high tempo and between two fully committed teams playing for the most part within the rules.

My MOM would have been either Calvin, Keane or Camps (after a slow start)

Huge credit to the Oldham fans for providing the loudest support we've heard in ages.

They created very little and we looked in control. I think their league position is a fair one, though the whole division is much of a muchness. Scunthorpe top with a midfield of Dawson and Bishop - decent but hardly worldbeaters. Get some consistency and any side has a chance.

Match Thread - Oldham on 18:19 - Oct 29 with 4396 viewsfirgrovedale51

I thought we were poor today.
MOM Cannon by a mile he had a great game and took a lot of stick from some would be bully boys.
Match Thread - Oldham on 18:26 - Oct 29 with 4301 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread - Oldham on 17:31 - Oct 29 by D_Alien

Others might disagree, but I thought that was a bloody great game of L1 football! Going in deservedly 1-0 up at half time it looked like there was only one team going to win, but fair play to Oldham, they gave it a right go second half and we were hanging on at the end. Both sides could've had a couple but for good goalkeeping and last ditch tackles and it was real end to end stuff - a proper derby, in fact.

We needed summat to shut the Latics up, and our goal was the perfect riposte to their racket. Cannon took some stick again today and no wonder he was given a rest with about 20 to go. Everyone put in a shift. Keane was back to his outstanding best, Bunney had another very good game, Lund did what he does and got the sponsors MoM, but for me, it has to be Calvin. He was everywhere - clearing the lines in defending set pieces, spraying the ball around in midfield, taking them on down the flanks and holding onto the ball to relieve the pressure.

Back to winning ways and clean sheets. That's the home derbies out of the way, and we've won the lot

Derbies only games I've managed to get to. Nine points from three games and haven't seen us concede. Happy days - off out for a few scoops and nosh to celebrate getting into a play-off spot now.
Up the Dale

Match Thread - Oldham on 18:31 - Oct 29 with 4250 viewsDaley_Lama

Noisy buggers aren't they.

Cracking second half effort by them but we are getting awesome (at home) in weathering sustained pressure without the opposition actually forcing a save from Lillis.

I hope somebody gives Keane a MOM award soon, yet again his reading of the game is second to none.

Poll: DF in or out

Match Thread - Oldham on 18:34 - Oct 29 with 4227 viewsDaleiLama

Lots of good performances - stand-outs were Bunney, Calvin, Keane (again) but MOM for me goes to Lund with the goal being the tie-breaker. Cannon gave lots of effort and NML ran hard but the ball didn't quite run for him today.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2016 18:37]

Match Thread - Oldham on 18:43 - Oct 29 with 4123 viewsrochedale

Match Thread - Oldham on 17:31 - Oct 29 by D_Alien

Exactly as I would've put it.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Match Thread - Oldham on 18:47 - Oct 29 with 4084 viewsColDale

Hendo is out for 4-6 weeks acc to Hilly.

Oldham were poor. Don't judge them on a ten minute spell at start of the second half. Aside from that header (that I thought was in), Lillis wasn't troubled and there was only one team likely to score a second goal.
Match Thread - Oldham on 18:54 - Oct 29 with 4028 views442Dale

Match Thread - Oldham on 18:47 - Oct 29 by ColDale

Hendo is out for 4-6 weeks acc to Hilly.

Oldham were poor. Don't judge them on a ten minute spell at start of the second half. Aside from that header (that I thought was in), Lillis wasn't troubled and there was only one team likely to score a second goal.

What's he done?

Match Thread - Oldham on 19:27 - Oct 29 with 3802 viewsrochedale

Credits to Oldham fans, their support was awesome. #boris

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Match Thread - Oldham on 19:31 - Oct 29 with 3765 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread - Oldham on 18:19 - Oct 29 by firgrovedale51

I thought we were poor today.
MOM Cannon by a mile he had a great game and took a lot of stick from some would be bully boys.

How were we poor?

We hit the bar, forced their keeper into several good saves and created plenty of chances in and around the area.

We also defended well when necessary and restricted Oldham to half chances.

As Hill said, how often was Lillis worked?

There are many ways to win a game and they don't all involves dominating the opposition for 90 minutes.

I agree with D_Alien; I thought it was a cracking local derby that we deservedly won.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread - Oldham on 19:33 - Oct 29 with 3744 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread - Oldham on 19:27 - Oct 29 by rochedale

Credits to Oldham fans, their support was awesome. #boris

Yes.....totally agree.

The block nearest the Pearl Street never gave up and really enhanced the game...much better vocal support than the gigglers.

Really enjoyed the game.Oldham were no mugs but we handled the pressure well and we should have bagged more than the one..........on to the Cup now!
Match Thread - Oldham on 19:46 - Oct 29 with 3629 viewsBigKindo

Match Thread - Oldham on 18:16 - Oct 29 by BartRowou

The only player of theirs I'd have in our team is Clarke. I think the derby factor made them look better than they are.

Bert. Did you see him come to the dugout after he had to come off after receiving treatment on the pitch towards the end of the second half? He really spat out his dummy and threw his toys out of the pram. He had a tantrum and his language directed at Latic's management would have made an Anglo-Saxon blush. When he left the pitch after the final whistle he was extremely angry. Is Latics not a happy camp?
Match Thread - Oldham on 19:55 - Oct 29 with 3551 viewsBartRowou

Match Thread - Oldham on 19:46 - Oct 29 by BigKindo

Bert. Did you see him come to the dugout after he had to come off after receiving treatment on the pitch towards the end of the second half? He really spat out his dummy and threw his toys out of the pram. He had a tantrum and his language directed at Latic's management would have made an Anglo-Saxon blush. When he left the pitch after the final whistle he was extremely angry. Is Latics not a happy camp?

Bog. Didn't see any of that. The COA isn't a happy hunting ground for him but he's probably slightly better than Canavan (who had a good game today) and the reason why Oldham don't concede as many as they might. I'd also back him for his leadership skills as we are a very young side.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024