Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rickie Lambert retires 12:28 - Oct 2 with 2189 viewsRAFCBLUE

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2017-10-02/rickie-lambert-calls-time-on-playing-c

Didn't do too bad after joining us.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Rickie Lambert retires on 12:58 - Oct 2 with 2111 viewsDaleFan7

After we sold him for 10p and a Freddo.
Rickie Lambert retires on 13:25 - Oct 2 with 2055 viewsD_Dale

Rickie Lambert retires on 12:58 - Oct 2 by DaleFan7

After we sold him for 10p and a Freddo.

Apart from Liverpool and WBA - who paid millions for him when he was past his best - I'd say any regrets should come from Stockport fans, after their club let him come to Dale on a free transfer.

With Rickie on the team-sheet there was always the prospect of a goal or two, which hasn't been the case with a lot of Dale teams.
Rickie Lambert retires on 13:41 - Oct 2 with 2019 viewsRAFCBLUE

Rickie Lambert retires on 13:25 - Oct 2 by D_Dale

Apart from Liverpool and WBA - who paid millions for him when he was past his best - I'd say any regrets should come from Stockport fans, after their club let him come to Dale on a free transfer.

With Rickie on the team-sheet there was always the prospect of a goal or two, which hasn't been the case with a lot of Dale teams.

I think Lambert's transfer fee history I think is £8,5m excluding add-ons.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=16995

If you consider that we got the £200k from Bristol directly and then quite possibly 25% (or thereabouts) of the future profit amounts his time at Rochdale was worth over £2m for this club.

Incredible contribution from Steve Parkin who signed him I think at the time.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Rickie Lambert retires on 14:39 - Oct 2 with 1947 viewspioneer

The only Dale player to go on and play for England in a world Cup I think.

Ted Burgin was in a world cup squad before coming to the Dale I think and of course Leo Bertos went on top play for NZ in the world cup.
Rickie Lambert retires on 16:26 - Oct 2 with 1836 viewsdingdangblue

Rickie Lambert retires on 13:41 - Oct 2 by RAFCBLUE

I think Lambert's transfer fee history I think is £8,5m excluding add-ons.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=16995

If you consider that we got the £200k from Bristol directly and then quite possibly 25% (or thereabouts) of the future profit amounts his time at Rochdale was worth over £2m for this club.

Incredible contribution from Steve Parkin who signed him I think at the time.

I doubt we made that much from add ons? Who's told you that amount - £2 million? Seems an awful lot but would be great if true.
My rough reckoning is nearer to £400k. (Based on 25% of Bristols profit on sales).
[Post edited 2 Oct 2017 16:40]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rickie Lambert retires on 16:40 - Oct 2 with 1795 viewsColDale

Based on the strikers we've had in the past few years, where would you have him in the pecking order (based on his time with us alone).

Grant Holt
Glenn Murray
Adam Le Fondre
Chris Dagnall
Chris O'Grady
Scott Hogan
(deliberately excluded current as always think you only appreciate a player once their career has finished).

For me, it's
O'Grady
Holt
Lambert
Hogan
Dagnall
Alfie
Murray
George
Rickie Lambert retires on 16:45 - Oct 2 with 1780 viewsRAFCBLUE

Rickie Lambert retires on 16:26 - Oct 2 by dingdangblue

I doubt we made that much from add ons? Who's told you that amount - £2 million? Seems an awful lot but would be great if true.
My rough reckoning is nearer to £400k. (Based on 25% of Bristols profit on sales).

Its a fair point - the £2m is a 25% of the total £8.5m transfer fees went for - so you're right a lot and it won't have been that big.

The 25% estimate is a sell on guess too - it could have been lower or higher in each deal; I'm sure we had 25% and Bristol at least that.

Better estimates of course could be as follows:

Transfer fees £588k:
Sale to Bristol Rovers - £200k
Profit of Bristol Rovers sale to Southampton - £200k (25% of the £800k profit when he went for £1m)
Profit of Southampton sale to Liverpool - £188k (25% of Bristol's 25% of the £3m profit made when he went for £4m)

All of those deals had the mysterious "add-ons"

Known clauses:
* Southampton - promoted twice (League 1 and Championship) promotion - we will have got 25% of what Bristol received
* Liverpool's league finishes and bonuses for qualifying for the Champions League - we will have received 1/16th of anything Southampton received.
* England representation - Southampton got money when Lambert scored for England and we will have had 1/16th of that.

It puts you in the received range of a very cautious minimum of £600k for Lambert and an very agressive maximum of my £2m.

Still a very decent financial contribution for a lad who cost nowt.

Would be a good exercise to see how much Parkin made us with the second team he put together.

Rickie Lambert retires on 16:47 - Oct 2 with 1777 viewsKnowlesy

Rickie Lambert retires on 16:26 - Oct 2 by dingdangblue

2 million is 25% (ish) of the full 8.5 million that he's commanded in transfer fees in his career.

But, it'll be significantly less than this. Say Rickie went from us for 200k plus 25% profit - when they sold him to Southampton for a million we'd have seen around 200k in terms of a percentage of the profit. Then, he went to Liverpool for around £4 million. Assuming that there was another 25% of profit in the Rovers to So'ton deal, then they'd see 750k ish of that of which we'd get around 185k. I'm guessing as he went to West Brom for 3m there was little or no sell on clause in that deal given his age, but even if it did then it'd be 25% of 25% of 25% which is miniscule.

So in real terms he's probably earned us around 600k including his original fee which is a bit shoddy but if you look at what we got for other players around that time, it's not the worst.
Login to get fewer ads

Rickie Lambert retires on 17:05 - Oct 2 with 1731 viewsColDale

Rickie Lambert retires on 16:45 - Oct 2 by RAFCBLUE

Its a fair point - the £2m is a 25% of the total £8.5m transfer fees went for - so you're right a lot and it won't have been that big.

The 25% estimate is a sell on guess too - it could have been lower or higher in each deal; I'm sure we had 25% and Bristol at least that.

Better estimates of course could be as follows:

Transfer fees £588k:
Sale to Bristol Rovers - £200k
Profit of Bristol Rovers sale to Southampton - £200k (25% of the £800k profit when he went for £1m)
Profit of Southampton sale to Liverpool - £188k (25% of Bristol's 25% of the £3m profit made when he went for £4m)

All of those deals had the mysterious "add-ons"

Known clauses:
* Southampton - promoted twice (League 1 and Championship) promotion - we will have got 25% of what Bristol received
* Liverpool's league finishes and bonuses for qualifying for the Champions League - we will have received 1/16th of anything Southampton received.
* England representation - Southampton got money when Lambert scored for England and we will have had 1/16th of that.

It puts you in the received range of a very cautious minimum of £600k for Lambert and an very agressive maximum of my £2m.

Still a very decent financial contribution for a lad who cost nowt.

Would be a good exercise to see how much Parkin made us with the second team he put together.

there was a Football League trophy clause and a promotion clause with Bristol Rovers which both paid out I think. Think they contributed another £100,000.
Rickie Lambert retires on 21:57 - Oct 2 with 1473 viewsShun

Rickie Lambert retires on 16:40 - Oct 2 by ColDale

Based on the strikers we've had in the past few years, where would you have him in the pecking order (based on his time with us alone).

Grant Holt
Glenn Murray
Adam Le Fondre
Chris Dagnall
Chris O'Grady
Scott Hogan
(deliberately excluded current as always think you only appreciate a player once their career has finished).

For me, it's
O'Grady
Holt
Lambert
Hogan
Dagnall
Alfie
Murray
George

For me:

COG
Hogan
Holt
Lambert
Alfie
Murray
Dagnall

The top 3 there in particular were just dreamy to watch play - each had different styles but all were so enjoyable to watch.
Rickie Lambert retires on 22:03 - Oct 2 with 1461 viewsRAFCBLUE

Rickie Lambert retires on 16:40 - Oct 2 by ColDale

Grant Holt
Glenn Murray
Adam Le Fondre
Chris Dagnall
Chris O'Grady
Scott Hogan

For me, it's
O'Grady
Holt
Lambert
Hogan
Dagnall
Alfie
Murray
George

To me based on football achievement/ability after leaving us:

Lambert
Holt
Murray
Le Fondre
O Grady
Dagnall

Hogan would be above Dagnall currently, with years of his career still to come.

Rickie Lambert retires on 22:06 - Oct 2 with 1452 viewsfitzochris

I have no shame...

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Rickie Lambert retires on 22:09 - Oct 2 with 1432 viewsDaleiLama

Rickie Lambert retires on 22:06 - Oct 2 by fitzochris

I have no shame...

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024