Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grab a Grand 09:24 - Sep 29 with 2784 viewsRaymondJohn

£1000 won 2 games running!!
So it can and does get won
Thanks for your support.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 9:25]
Grab a Grand on 09:30 - Sep 29 with 2099 views442Dale

Has it proved to be as popular in terms of matchday sales and has the feedback been good from supporters since the change?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Grab a Grand on 09:32 - Sep 29 with 2087 viewsRaymondJohn

It's doing ok , feedback as with everything dale some good some bad some ridiculous
Grab a Grand on 09:34 - Sep 29 with 2070 viewsDaleiLama

Grab a Grand on 09:32 - Sep 29 by RaymondJohn

It's doing ok , feedback as with everything dale some good some bad some ridiculous

Was that the one with Clint Eastwood?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Grab a Grand on 09:38 - Sep 29 with 2065 views442Dale

Grab a Grand on 09:32 - Sep 29 by RaymondJohn

Surely all feedback is welcomed? One person’s “ridiculous” is another’s “great idea”.

There was some good (maybe?!) feedback in the thread below around the money raised going to the Academy/youth set up. What’s the running total for money that’s been raised for them since then?
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/239698/todays-game/#0

Grab a Grand on 09:42 - Sep 29 with 2050 viewsRaymondJohn

We are soon due to be giving details of what the funds have purchased for the academy so far.
All feedback is good unless it's a personal swipe then its ridiculous.
Grab a Grand on 09:48 - Sep 29 with 2025 views442Dale

Grab a Grand on 09:42 - Sep 29 by RaymondJohn

We are soon due to be giving details of what the funds have purchased for the academy so far.

Excellent, with that and the Dale Lotto it should be providing a really good source of income to fund that side of the club, with the results seen on occasions like Matheson’s goal at Old Trafford.

Personal swipes aren’t on, and as long as the new half-time draw is as popular as it was for many years previously then the change has been worth it. If it hasn’t, then such feedback can be acted on.

Grab a Grand on 09:50 - Sep 29 with 2017 viewsrod_leach

Is the bonus ball announced prior to the draw?
Grab a Grand on 09:56 - Sep 29 with 1998 viewsRaymondJohn

No, we draw the winning ticket then the bonus ba
Login to get fewer ads

Grab a Grand on 10:08 - Sep 29 with 1971 viewsSandyDrum

One gripe I think I'd have (and a few other people I know) is that a few times (from memory) the 1st prize and 2nd prize ticket numbers have been very close to each other.

Is the tombola drum mixed up between draws?

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Grab a Grand on 10:15 - Sep 29 with 1963 viewsRaymondJohn

Yes and Desmond has a right good rummage around .
Grab a Grand on 10:38 - Sep 29 with 1916 viewsRaymondJohn

I always 100% follow up on any comments and I have just reviewed the results and YES I agree thay are quite close, this is just the way thay come out BUT I will make sure we give the drum a extra spin ir two.Thank you for that.
Grab a Grand on 11:30 - Sep 29 with 1838 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Grab a Grand on 09:42 - Sep 29 by RaymondJohn

When you say "giving details" Raymondo, does that mean they may show up in the public domain so to speak?
Grab a Grand on 11:34 - Sep 29 with 1823 views442Dale

Grab a Grand on 11:30 - Sep 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

When you say "giving details" Raymondo, does that mean they may show up in the public domain so to speak?

They should. As promised in July.

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/07/meeting-with-the-club-3/
<<“We asked again about the profits from the club’s LOTTO going towards the Academy. There will be a relaunch in the next few weeks and the announcements about contributions to the Academy would be part of that process.”>>

And in May:

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/05/minutes-from-meeting-with-directors/
<<“One Trust member brought up the recent launch of Dale Lotto had promised proceeds would go to supporting the Dale Academy, asking would it be possible for the club to give a regular update just how much has been given over? The Board of Directors replied by stating that In addition to supporting the Academy, the proceeds from the Lotto will also support selected charities to benefit the community with the current charity being supported being Prostate Cancer. The Directors agreed that the club would publicise the share of the proceeds raised which directly supports the Academy.“>>

[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 11:37]

Grab a Grand on 11:50 - Sep 29 with 1783 viewsRaymondJohn

Thanks , yes fully aware of statements that were put out and we will be following through and publishing once I have details.
Grab a Grand on 11:57 - Sep 29 with 1768 views442Dale

Grab a Grand on 11:50 - Sep 29 by RaymondJohn

Thanks , yes fully aware of statements that were put out and we will be following through and publishing once I have details.

Not a problem. As suggested previously, maybe a regular totaliser (monthly?) would enable fans to see the efforts of all concerned and how the contribution is building towards helping the Academy. Would help increase interest and further sales in terms of people taking part.

Grab a Grand on 12:23 - Sep 29 with 1734 viewsRaymondJohn

I agree, however cannot issue anything unless its 100% correct and for that I need input from other parties and it does take time But I will follow through on what we said we would.
I am the front face but we do have several other decision makers I hope you can be patient with me.
Grab a Grand on 12:49 - Sep 29 with 1693 viewsDaleiLama

Grab a Grand on 12:23 - Sep 29 by RaymondJohn

I agree, however cannot issue anything unless its 100% correct and for that I need input from other parties and it does take time But I will follow through on what we said we would.
I am the front face but we do have several other decision makers I hope you can be patient with me.

I've never entered this. I wouldn't hesitate to if I thought it would be funding the development of our youth and the future of the club. Cracking opportunity to win more folk over this. Look forward to your feedback RJ.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Grab a Grand on 15:20 - Sep 29 with 1577 viewsrod_leach

Grab a Grand on 09:56 - Sep 29 by RaymondJohn

No, we draw the winning ticket then the bonus ba

So how do you know what bonus ball is going to win the £1000 then?
Grab a Grand on 15:32 - Sep 29 with 1551 viewsSandyDrum

Grab a Grand on 15:20 - Sep 29 by rod_leach

So how do you know what bonus ball is going to win the £1000 then?

Not sure you're getting this are you?

Entrant buys a ticket with a 5 / 6 digit number on it.

All tickets are entered into the draw.

1 ticket is drawn out, if that is your ticket then you win £100.

A 2nd draw is then made, in which a bonus ball (0-9) is drawn out.

If the bonus ball matches the last number of the winning tickets number, the prize is £1000, if not, then it stays at £100.

Eg: ticket number 76198 is drawn, hurrah you win £100.

Bonus ball number 8 is then drawn out, hurrah that person hasn't won £100 anymore, they've won £1000!

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Grab a Grand on 15:44 - Sep 29 with 1524 viewsrochdale_ranger

Basically it’s a shite version of the golden gamble.
Grab a Grand on 19:01 - Sep 29 with 1386 viewsRaymondJohn

Grab a Grand on 15:44 - Sep 29 by rochdale_ranger

Basically it’s a shite version of the golden gamble.

No it's not it's a grab a grand last 2 weeks winners had 1000 pound ,,never won that in GG
Grab a Grand on 19:04 - Sep 29 with 1383 viewsRaymondJohn

Rochdale Ranger , buy a ticket tues pal you might win 1k pound?
Grab a Grand on 19:14 - Sep 29 with 1361 viewsRAFCBLUE

Grab a Grand on 15:32 - Sep 29 by SandyDrum

Not sure you're getting this are you?

Entrant buys a ticket with a 5 / 6 digit number on it.

All tickets are entered into the draw.

1 ticket is drawn out, if that is your ticket then you win £100.

A 2nd draw is then made, in which a bonus ball (0-9) is drawn out.

If the bonus ball matches the last number of the winning tickets number, the prize is £1000, if not, then it stays at £100.

Eg: ticket number 76198 is drawn, hurrah you win £100.

Bonus ball number 8 is then drawn out, hurrah that person hasn't won £100 anymore, they've won £1000!

Isn't that still a worse deal for an entrant than a year ago though?

My understanding of the Golden Gamble was that half the fund went to the winning supporter. Typically £300 per game. 23 league games that's £6.9k out of the club.

Now, £100 goes to winning supporter with a 1 in 10 chance of the bonus ball being their final ticket number which will boost the prize to £1,000.

Best case for the supporter all 23 league games win £1,000 - £23k out of the club.

Worst case for the supporter all 23 league games win £100 - £2.3k out of the club.

On an expected value basis it appears that the supporter is worse off from the "game", especially the more tickets that may be sold since in the old game 50% of the fund went to the winning supporter.

I'll admit I've played neither the Golden Gamble last season or this new game, but it doesn't look to be for the benefit of the entrant.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Grab a Grand on 20:12 - Sep 29 with 1317 viewsmacro

Grab a Grand on 19:14 - Sep 29 by RAFCBLUE

Isn't that still a worse deal for an entrant than a year ago though?

My understanding of the Golden Gamble was that half the fund went to the winning supporter. Typically £300 per game. 23 league games that's £6.9k out of the club.

Now, £100 goes to winning supporter with a 1 in 10 chance of the bonus ball being their final ticket number which will boost the prize to £1,000.

Best case for the supporter all 23 league games win £1,000 - £23k out of the club.

Worst case for the supporter all 23 league games win £100 - £2.3k out of the club.

On an expected value basis it appears that the supporter is worse off from the "game", especially the more tickets that may be sold since in the old game 50% of the fund went to the winning supporter.

I'll admit I've played neither the Golden Gamble last season or this new game, but it doesn't look to be for the benefit of the entrant.

I used to occasionally buy a Golden Gamble ticket but will not buy one now because of the change in odds.

Camelot saw there sales fall when they increased the number of balls into the lottery therefore changing the odds.

I expect that the sales for the new Golden Gamble will be down at least 25%
Grab a Grand on 20:29 - Sep 29 with 1295 viewsRAFCBLUE

Grab a Grand on 20:12 - Sep 29 by macro

I used to occasionally buy a Golden Gamble ticket but will not buy one now because of the change in odds.

Camelot saw there sales fall when they increased the number of balls into the lottery therefore changing the odds.

I expect that the sales for the new Golden Gamble will be down at least 25%

I'm not saying it's good or bad; I just wanted to make sure I'd understood it.

I'm not a participant but I always thing the way with these things is to offer the best possible cash prize as the first prize.

£100 first prize is not as attractive as say £300+ which it was when the previous game style was used. I'm from the days when they'd send two of the reluctant youth team around the pitch with the board that had the number on it - I don't think that has been done for years!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024